Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Its more than likely DeBrusk doesn't have the return
people think or more importantly Sweeney must think.
Otherwise he would be gone, right? Probably will wait
until deadline or another team has winger injury issues.

That argument isn't logical. Lots of guys have trade value. Lots of guys ask for trades. They're not all traded quickly. Evander Kane asked for a trade out of Winnipeg and he was traded for a lot, but that trade took months to complete. I think Dubois also took a long time to trade after he went public with his trade request.

On top of that, we know Sweeney has had issues making hockey trades. He either doesn't like them, or isn't good at them, but the last player for player, non-deadline swap he made was Smith for Hayes. That's kind of weird by GM standards. So whatever that is, is also in play here.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
That argument isn't logical. Lots of guys have trade value. Lots of guys ask for trades. They're not all traded quickly. Evander Kane asked for a trade out of Winnipeg and he was traded for a lot, but that trade took months to complete. I think Dubois also took a long time to trade after he went public with his trade request.

On top of that, we know Sweeney has had issues making hockey trades. He either doesn't like them, or isn't good at them, but the last player for player, non-deadline swap he made was Smith for Hayes. That's kind of weird by GM standards. So whatever that is, is also in play here.

Regarding Sweeney, I'll agree but as its been said, once they resigned Hall, he should have started trying to deal him. He clearly isn't in a better position now. That tells me either Sweeney is too stubborn or there isn't a good offer.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Another guy I'd take is Deslauriers. Guy hits hard, fights and will 100% stand up for his teammates.

Would cost you DeBrusk and Frederic.

Sweeney would get fired two minutes after making this trade.

Lol, no he wouldn't.

Not only would Sweeney be fired for making that trade but Jeff Solomon could start writing his acceptance speech for this season's GM of the Year award. :thumbd:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Not only would Sweeney be fired for making that trade but Jeff Solomon could start writing his acceptance speech for this season's GM of the Year award. :thumbd:

Thats fine but we'll see where it ends up. If they get a
2nd for DeBrusk take it and run to the bank.

I wouldn't mind having Des and Chariot in the lineup.
Instant toughness upgrade.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Jake's gotta go. And not because of the tired reasons like "he's lazy" or "he doesn't care" or whatever other slander keeps getting thrown around.

I just think he's gotta go because he apparently has trade value and plays our strongest position. He's our 3rd best LW but is going to require a QO of $5m+. With Marchand & Hall ahead of him and his inability to be effective at RW he's just not a good fit going forward IMO. Plus Haula is looking really good at LW.

we have more LW depth than any other part of the lineup and Jake's salary & limitations make him the odd man out so let's use him to make another part of the team better. Nothing personal (unlike some posters here apparently). Just business/hockey.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Need two teams to help and This would terrify me. But any thoughts on E.Kane at 1.75 million? That’s a pretty good get for a 3rd liner.

Can send out Debrusk in the deal to the third team involved. Or SJ. Who cares.

If he’s still an issue in the room 1.75 is pretty easy to bury in the rafters.

Or maybe the room has enough character in it to help him turn his life around. Can’t get further away from his current problems outside of going overseas!

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Need two teams to help and This would terrify me. But any thoughts on E.Kane at 1.75 million? That’s a pretty good get for a 3rd liner.

Can send out Debrusk in the deal to the third team involved. Or SJ. Who cares.

If he’s still an issue in the room 1.75 is pretty easy to bury in the rafters.

Or maybe the room has enough character in it to help him turn his life around. Can’t get further away from his current problems outside of going overseas!

Regardless of how cheap he could be....it just doesn't send a good message to your team when you acquire him.

Reactions: duffy and sarge88

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Sure did love Haula/Coyle/Smith

They did have a good game, but if that's your 3rd line, then Foligno is a $4m fourth liner and you have to acquire TWO top6 forwards.

I don't think we have the trade capital to get two top6 players, let alone two top6 players and a defenseman. I wouldn't expect the guys in Providence to be able to step into top6 roles either.

Reactions: wintersej

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Man 2015 draft is starting to bite really hard.

2 busts, JDB gone, Vladar posts .94% at Calgary. Lauzon to Seattle.

Well we got Carlo, he is a beast. But holy fk that draft will start backfiring this season and will keep on going for a long time.

I personally wont be mad if we start picking a bit higher in the drafts. Bergeron/Chara era has been glorious.

Reactions: Bodit9

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Man 2015 draft is starting to bite really hard.

2 busts, JDB gone, Vladar posts .94% at Calgary. Lauzon to Seattle.

Well we got Carlo, he is a beast. But holy fk that draft will start backfiring this season and will keep on going for a long time.

I personally wont be mad if we start picking a bit higher in the drafts. Bergeron/Chara era has been glorious.
It’s going to backfire more and more each year.

Reactions: kthx

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If tonight doesn’t convince people that this team is a player or 2 away from contention, I don’t know what to say.

Package JDB For even a run of the mill 2C soon.

Give Ahcan a month to see if he’s legit or not, then move more a defense upgrade at the deadline if he’s not or if Zboril is out for a long time.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta
Hall - 2C - Foligno (Just do the dirty work and crash the net)
Haula - Coyle - Smith
Nosek - Frederic - Lazar/Steen

Reactions: 13Hockey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad