Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Seravalli: Detroit's Filip Zadina joins the latest Trade Targets list - Daily Faceoff

The 2022 NHL Trade Deadline is shaping up to be a buyer’s market.

On defense and in goal, in particular, there seem to be more players available than teams seeking those positions.

There is also a glut of impact forwards available – and really only 18 teams with authentic playoff hopes, many of whom are capped out and/or aren’t in the position to push their chips to the middle.

8. Mark Giordano
Left Defense, Seattle Kraken
Contract: Pending UFA, $6.75 million AAV
Last Rank: 10th
Scoop: Interest is picking up in Giordano, who probably isn’t in first-round pick territory but could net the Kraken a decent second-round return. You can bet that GM Ron Francis will want to help Giordano land in a preferred destination, somewhere he is comfortable and could help in a Stanley Cup chase. Officially, Giordano has input by submitting 19 teams to which he’d accept a trade. The Kraken also ideally may want to wait until a bit closer to the deadline because they don’t have many bodies playing in the AHL as a first-year franchise, especially if they are trading for futures.

16. Alexandre Texier
Winger / Center, Columbus Blue Jackets
Contract: 1 year remaining, $1.525 million AAV
Last Rank: NR
Scoop: Texier has missed the last month with a finger injury, but he appears to be inching closer to a return to the ice. When healthy, he has shown the top-end skill and panache that make him an intriguing player with potential for more. He isn’t yet an elite-level facilitator or goal scorer, but could continue to develop into one or the other, or both. His current rate of production is impressive, on track for 25 goals over a full 82-game slate at this pace. Texier’s effort and compete level are solid, too – which is a nice complement to the flash and dash that’s a big part of his game. The acquisition cost would be significant. The opportunity for Columbus might be to sell Texier at the highest his value has ever been in the NHL.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Seravalli: Detroit's Filip Zadina joins the latest Trade Targets list - Daily Faceoff

The 2022 NHL Trade Deadline is shaping up to be a buyer’s market.

On defense and in goal, in particular, there seem to be more players available than teams seeking those positions.

There is also a glut of impact forwards available – and really only 18 teams with authentic playoff hopes, many of whom are capped out and/or aren’t in the position to push their chips to the middle.

8. Mark Giordano
Left Defense, Seattle Kraken
Contract: Pending UFA, $6.75 million AAV
Last Rank: 10th
Scoop: Interest is picking up in Giordano, who probably isn’t in first-round pick territory but could net the Kraken a decent second-round return. You can bet that GM Ron Francis will want to help Giordano land in a preferred destination, somewhere he is comfortable and could help in a Stanley Cup chase. Officially, Giordano has input by submitting 19 teams to which he’d accept a trade. The Kraken also ideally may want to wait until a bit closer to the deadline because they don’t have many bodies playing in the AHL as a first-year franchise, especially if they are trading for futures.

16. Alexandre Texier
Winger / Center, Columbus Blue Jackets
Contract: 1 year remaining, $1.525 million AAV
Last Rank: NR
Scoop: Texier has missed the last month with a finger injury, but he appears to be inching closer to a return to the ice. When healthy, he has shown the top-end skill and panache that make him an intriguing player with potential for more. He isn’t yet an elite-level facilitator or goal scorer, but could continue to develop into one or the other, or both. His current rate of production is impressive, on track for 25 goals over a full 82-game slate at this pace. Texier’s effort and compete level are solid, too – which is a nice complement to the flash and dash that’s a big part of his game. The acquisition cost would be significant. The opportunity for Columbus might be to sell Texier at the highest his value has ever been in the NHL.
That Texier interests me at that age .

Reactions: TCB

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Haula is making this an interesting conundrum for the Bruins. It's clear Haula has meshed well enough between Hall and Pasta but the question remains, does it push the needle in the playoffs as well as the future going forward? I think the answer here is no, so that kind of makes him just a stop-gap. But where do the Bruins put him if that 2nd line center comes in via trade? The third line is killing it right now and Haula on the 4th line is kind of a waste. In a way, it's like the DeBrusk situation, where DeBrusk was better than getting 4th line minutes and linemates and has been better getting top line minutes with A+ linemates. Maybe Haula takes over for DeBrusk if he gets traded? Maybe Haula gets moved as well?

Hall and Pasta are elite enough to help push Haula's game along but I don't know if that philosophy will get the job done in the playoffs. Haula as a team's 2nd line center in the playoffs is something a team looking to just squeak in would try and pull off and I think the Bruins need to aim higher if they want to get higher. I would love to be wrong and see Haula light it up in May but I'd rather go to war with Hertl or Miller as our 2nd line center.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If we get a legit 2nd line center I couldn’t care less if Haula gets moved to line 4 or 9th floor. He’s been serviceable but team success comes first

The team is being successful with him a 2C and Hall/Pasta seem to mesh well with him. If it's about team success why change what's been successful?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Playoffs is a different beast.

I’m a Haula fan. Ideally/ hopefully Sweeney can get in an upgrade, younger with some term left

Haula's 30yrs old which isnt actually that old in today's NHL and since moving up he has 19pts in 27gp, which is good for a 58pt pace over 82 games.

I'm not sure how many late 20yr old 60+ centers are going to be available at the deadline. The only guy that comes to mind is JT Miller

Reactions: Gordoff

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
A hard no to Texier. I couldn't disagree with that scouting report any more than I do. He is big and fast but has very mediocre skills with the puck. He is a winger or a bottom six center, period. Moreover, the Blue Jacket's GM is making the typical exaggerated ask for him during silly season. If it wasn't close to the trade deadline, I would think he was drunk.

Ps, Texier will probably get a couple of points tonight, but still does not change anything.

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Lohrei and the late 1st are the only pieces that have any meaningful value and the way I look at it they have to incentivize them to take one of those D making real money

At this point Studnicka is what he is- a solid but not special prospect. Debrusk has limited value given the public trade demand and need for a new deal. Moore has negative value and Forbort is probably neutral value at best. I don’t think the deal is too much of an overpay is basically what I’m getting at, but I’m sure it depends on somebody’s expectations of Lohrei. If you think he’s a future top pairing guy then you don’t do it.

Side note I don’t understand the need for speculation on why Debrusk wants a trade. People are almost speaking in absolutes as if what they believe is fact and that’s bizarre to me. Sometimes people simply want a change.

I'd add Reilly to your list. Not huge value on the market I'd imagine but I think you could find a taker. His contract is a little pricey but not too awful or long, and he's a capable player. He's not going to net a major return in himself but offloading him would free up some useful cap space and perhaps net a middling draft pick to be spent on a top-4 D. He's one I'd definitely be shopping around to see what the interest is.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Haula is making this an interesting conundrum for the Bruins. It's clear Haula has meshed well enough between Hall and Pasta but the question remains, does it push the needle in the playoffs as well as the future going forward? I think the answer here is no, so that kind of makes him just a stop-gap. But where do the Bruins put him if that 2nd line center comes in via trade? The third line is killing it right now and Haula on the 4th line is kind of a waste. In a way, it's like the DeBrusk situation, where DeBrusk was better than getting 4th line minutes and linemates and has been better getting top line minutes with A+ linemates. Maybe Haula takes over for DeBrusk if he gets traded? Maybe Haula gets moved as well?

Hall and Pasta are elite enough to help push Haula's game along but I don't know if that philosophy will get the job done in the playoffs. Haula as a team's 2nd line center in the playoffs is something a team looking to just squeak in would try and pull off and I think the Bruins need to aim higher if they want to get higher. I would love to be wrong and see Haula light it up in May but I'd rather go to war with Hertl or Miller as our 2nd line center.
I am not sure I want to pay the price for Hertl being a rental unless they can sign him and I feel they need Defense and size , but just for roster consideration if they move DeBrusk you need someone to play with Bergey and Marchand does anyone believe Hertl would be a fit on wing with Bergey and Marchand ? You not breaking up the second line with Haula in the middle but gives you insurance if Hauls fails in the playoffs and Hertl gives that second line center next year . Again I repeat I am not sure I want to pay the price for Hertl.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Haula's 30yrs old which isnt actually that old in today's NHL and since moving up he has 19pts in 27gp, which is good for a 58pt pace over 82 games.

I'm not sure how many late 20yr old 60+ centers are going to be available at the deadline. The only guy that comes to mind is JT Miller
Miller is an upgrade over Haula. I won’t whine if Haula is the 2nd line center going into the playoffs. I’d prefer an upgrade, but D is the bigger need imo.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
:laugh: To be fair, we don't know if Jake is pissed off about it, or just decided he wasn't going to get the opportunity and ice-time he wants, so he asked to be moved.

Maybe I'm old school, but for me I saw a player who sulked often when things weren't going his way as if he thought he was entitled to a top 6 spot or even worse success by just lacing them up. Perhaps he was also treated that way considering his draft status and Sweeney desperation for him to be that guy considering his 2015 debacle.

In any case I can't blame Sweeney or anyone else here, but Jake and Jake alone because he does have the skill set and is one of the fastest skaters in the league, so there's no reason he shouldn't be a top six forward in the best league in the world, unfortunately it all lies between Jakes ears on whether or not he will be there consistently, and once Taylor Hall chose to play for the Bruins Jakes entitlement went away as it should have and now his self proclaimed entitlement has asked for a trade.

I do feel Sweeney is taking the right approach here and as the deadline nears the offers should get better and hopefully he deals him and makes the right call or takes the right call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook and Gordoff

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Bruins would need to make some decisions on players. Is Lazar (UFA) staying as the fourth line center? Is Haula expendable if they find a 2nd line center? Is he your fourth line center? Is Reilly expendable if they find a number 1 or 2 LD? Does DeBrusk stay has the number 1 RW? Is there anyone in Providence who can come up and secure a spot? Lots of decisions for Donny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad