Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Makes you wonder if one legit team wants Debrusk, but the offer is still low and Sweeney might eventually have to cave, similar to how we got Hall last year from Buffalo.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Nick Ritchie (7th player Award voted by Bruins fans & beat up Hathaway) > Nick Foligno (200 + NHL goals & captain of Ottawa & Columbus)

all seriousness most Bruins fans including some here get their information from the Felger & Mazz Sports Troll drive home
Well if you are getting your information from those two guys you have issues ...........As well as most of the media in Boston.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
The Bruins putting DeBrusk on the his off wing on line 1 might hint at the Rags being interested. They've got absolutely nothing on the right side right now.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Makes you wonder if one legit team wants Debrusk, but the offer is still low and Sweeney might eventually have to cave, similar to how we got Hall last year from Buffalo.
Still more than three weeks to go until the deadline, with little to no movement in trades. I suspect some teams, like SJ, don’t want to move an asset like Hertl unless they know they are out. Others are sitting on their assets waiting for prices to go up closer to the deadline. That’s a gamble that could backfire.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
The problem is the risk he gets hit and immediately reverts back. You have to admit
that its a significant possibility with him. I'm not talking a Kadri assault, but a regular hard hit.

Pre injury DeBrusk and I am convinced this
current situation never happens and we are moaning about Senyshyn and even Zboril because DeBrusk threatens to hit 30 goals.

I don't think the Kadri hit had anything to do with it. He disappeared for long stretches before that hit too. He just got to play with Krejci and on PP1 and that filled in some of the long stretches with a random point here or there.

I do think the isolation last year was a problem for him, mentally. Which is nothing to be ashamed of. Lots of people struggled with that. This year he's back to being what he always has been, a player who teases with his skill and speed but can't summon the energy to be that guy consistently.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Still more than three weeks to go until the deadline, with little to no movement in trades. I suspect some teams, like SJ, don’t want to move an asset like Hertl unless they know they are out. Others are sitting on their assets waiting for prices to go up closer to the deadline. That’s a gamble that could backfire.

SJ knows they're out.

There is little to no movement because of the salary cap. For the buyers, every day they wait equals more money they have to spend. And for the sellers, every day they wait means more teams can afford their players.

I actually think prices are higher before the deadline, and prices come down the closer you get to the clock striking zero and time running out. I think that's why we see such a premium for the 3 or 4 players that get traded before D-day. Team X knows exactly who they want and are willing to pay the higher asking price now to ensure they get their man.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
If we don’t make any other moves that effect our cap we could eat 1/2 of DeBrusk’s contract thus getting a better return.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Colour me surprised:

Among teams likely to qualify for the playoffs, the Nashville Predators are the top hitting team with 1,409. They are second behind the Ottawa Senators. The Boston Bruins (1,355) are fourth and the Pittsburgh Penguins (1,333) are fifth. The Rangers (1,318) are sixth, followed by the Lightning (1,298) and Panthers (1,283).

Reactions: PlayMakers

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
how sure are you, Bill? 9/10?

Well, money puck gives them a 1.9% chance of making the playoffs so there's that.

SJ would have to be 8 points better than Edmonton over the final 31 games. Meaning they'd have to go 22-9-0 to jump ahead. This from a team that has 23 wins this season. It's just a huge surge in performance, especially when you consider they'd have to win those 22 games against teams that are mostly ahead of them in the standings. Even if EDM falters, there are 4 teams ahead of SJ that are more likely to take the spot.

But I guess it's not impossible, 1.9% is still a chance.

il_794xN.3229766498_mn41.jpg

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Everyone SHOULD be low balling right now. And Sweeney SHOULD be asking for the moon. Lets see what happens closer to the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad