Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Not only did the Bruins waive Karson Kuhlman today, they also assigned Tyler Lewington, Oskar Steen, and Urho Vaakanainen to the taxi squad.

Clifton, Foligno and Grzelcyk must all be close to returning.

Or maybe something else is happening

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
But he controls who plays from roster Right ?

for example I got impression from Backes it was Cassidy who decided to play game 7
It reminds me of when Bill IIRC Parcells said something about (loosely paraphrasing, it could've been someone else who said it too) "they want me to cook the meal without being able to pick out
the groceries, if you're expected to make a meal, you should have
some say on the groceries."

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I hope DS does not go after Klingberg as he will just be a rental who will be looking for close to 8 mil next season.

Go all in on Chychrun as he has time left on his contract and at a very reasonable rate. He is also one of the team's urgent requirements a good LD.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
I hope DS does not go after Klingberg as he will just be a rental who will be looking for close to 8 mil next season.

Go all in on Chychrun as he has time left on his contract and at a very reasonable rate. He is also one of the team's urgent requirements a good LD.
I’d rather Sweeney does nothing rather than wasting valuable assets on a rental like Klingberg. Chychrun makes much more sense.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Those are pretty pedestrian numbers for a second line, especially compared to what the first line did with Pasta on it.

Those are pretty pedestrian numbers for a second line, especially compared to what the first line did with Pasta on it.

The worst category they're still above 50% which is far from "never played well together." And yes I'd expect the numbers of Krejci and Pasta to not be as good a 63/37/88. That trio has played over 1,500 minutes at 5v5 alone over the last 3 years. In all situations they played just of 2,100 minutes together. For reference Pasta/Krejci over the last 3 years only played together 866 minutes at all strengths.

Reactions: Yeti34

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
If Calgary retained 30% on Looch, which equates to an exact match in salary for him and Debrusk, would you do the trade?
1. Looch has an extra year so we're on the hook for that 3.675 next season but actual money owed is much less.
2. Foligno is slotted in that 3LW spot when he returns so Looch would have to bump him out or slide to the 4th which bumps out Blidh
3. First two points are more negatives than positive, the only positive is Looch brings an element to this team that they've been really missing plus he's familiar and the guys love him, and a great leader.
4. Does it change you mind any if Calgary retains 50% which drops cap hit to 2.625? Plus Looch agrees to come here?

I know posters will think Debrusk has got to net us something better but
Looch 8G 5A 13 PTS
Debrusk 5G 5A 10 PTS

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
If Calgary retained 30% on Looch, which equates to an exact match in salary for him and Debrusk, would you do the trade?
1. Looch has an extra year so we're on the hook for that 3.675 next season but actual money owed is much less.
2. Foligno is slotted in that 3LW spot when he returns so Looch would have to bump him out or slide to the 4th which bumps out Blidh
3. First two points are more negatives than positive, the only positive is Looch brings an element to this team that they've been really missing plus he's familiar and the guys love him, and a great leader.
4. Does it change you mind any if Calgary retains 50% which drops cap hit to 2.625? Plus Looch agrees to come here?

I know posters will think Debrusk has got to net us something better but
Looch 8G 5A 13 PTS
Debrusk 5G 5A 10 PTS

I think a move like this depends on if Boston thinks they can go for it this year and if they think Foligno can stay healthy or not. Nick hasn't been as effective on the score sheet as expected but brings a very similar element that Looch does. Strong leadership and a pain on the forecheck. If Boston fills one of the 2 big needs between a 2C and/or top 4 LHD and Jake isn't included in a deal doing so, then I'd be open to a swap with Looch and see how much you can get Calgary to eat of the $$. I would try to get a pick in return in deal also simply due to age and upside that DeBrusk brings.

Reactions: Dizzay

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Pavelski would be a fantastic pickup if they can't pony up what's needed to get Hertl.
Pavelski could be a little difficult to acquire. How much are you going to have to pay for him and would you look to resign him. Even though he is 37 he is still on a point per game pace and is currently making 7 mil per.

Should a few teams go after him it could drive up the price up and probably only for a rental. Even if we could resign him then we will have two centers in their late 30s which is not good long term.

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
In order for the Bruins to get Pavelski, Debrusk needs to go the other way, and Dallas has to retain which again drives up the already high likely asking price.
Debrusk+ 1st +??? for Pavelski retained
I'd look elsewhere

I dont know what our cap situation will look like once all these guys return from covid and IR but we don't have a ton of deadline space as it stands but I'm sure Dom would know
******just checked and we have 6.4 million is deadline space......that's a lot more than a few days ago, wow!

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Sell me on Yamamoto and how he makes more sense than anyone we’re currently icing on the right side.
Right wing: Pasta, Smith, Khulman
Left wing: Marchy, Hall, Haula, Debrusk, Foligno, Blidh.
See how the left wing is stacked? Yamamoto might make a good 3rd line right winger. Posters say he hasn’t done anything with Mcdavid or Draisatil, but he had 26pts/27gms a couple of years ago. Don’t recall Jake being anywhere close to a pt/gm player in any of his seasons. Both players are underachieving this year, change of scenery might do them both some good. Right now Jake is just taking up oxygen on his line and I don’t see anything changing in the future based on the last few seasons. Yama even hits more than Jake, and yeah, his hits don’t do damage but at least there is effort unlike Jake.
Money doesn’t work, I know. But maybe bring in Kassian as well. Not my favorite, but at least he would bring some violence to this team, especially in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad