Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I wouldn’t hate if it was Debrusk and a 3rd or Debrusk and Ahcan for Crouse. I wouldn’t give up any more than that, and I fail to see why AZ would want to jettison Crouse and take on Jake Debrusk. Even them.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I wouldn’t hate if it was Debrusk and a 3rd or Debrusk and Ahcan for Crouse. I wouldn’t give up any more than that, and I fail to see why AZ would want to jettison Crouse and take on Jake Debrusk. Even them.
why are we adding for Crouse? Debrusk has the better career numbers. Crouse has been better this year, but he plays on a team with no real core and no real ceiling on how many opportunities he might get unlike Debrusk who is stuck behind a lot of veteran depth on this team even when he's playing well.

a 1 for 1 deal is fair. Adding a good prospect like Ahcan is definitely an overpay.

Also call me crazy, but a Debrusk for Crouse deal just reeks of Smith for Hayes, Heinen for Ritchie, etc. When will Sweeney learn that these deals where you give up the better offensive player in order to get bigger/tougher rarely work (and hasn't worked for the Bruins under Sweeney)?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
why are we adding for Crouse? Debrusk has the better career numbers. Crouse has been better this year, but he plays on a team with no real core and no real ceiling on how many opportunities he might get unlike Debrusk who is stuck behind a lot of veteran depth on this team even when he's playing well.

a 1 for 1 deal is fair. Adding a good prospect like Ahcan is definitely an overpay.

Also call me crazy, but a Debrusk for Crouse deal just reeks of Smith for Hayes, Heinen for Ritchie, etc. When will Sweeney learn that these deals where you give up the better offensive player in order to get bigger/tougher rarely work (and hasn't worked for the Bruins under Sweeney)?

I don’t really want Crouse either given the teams makeup. Hell I’d rather trade Debrusk for a second rounder and keep the space. But if Foligno’s injury is serious and you want to get out of Debrusk I get not wanting to play Blidh at 3LW.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, he could take Foligno's spot or he could play with Bergeron. Crouse can play left or right wing.

Again, it's 3rd on the list of priorities, but he'd be a nice player to add.

Yeah I’m with you on feasibility, just not on probability.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

We always seem to end up giving away a better player than receiving. Poor judgement on management

Reactions: Tbaybruin

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Hate to say this but I hope foligno has a long term lower body inured. LTIR him and use his money towards someone who produces. Love him in the locker room, hate him on pp1.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Hate to say this but I hope foligno has a long term lower body inured. LTIR him and use his money towards someone who produces. Love him in the locker room, hate him on pp1.

We need to be over the cap before we get any benefit of him being on LTIR

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We always seem to end up giving away a better player than receiving. Poor judgement on management

Let me see

Marchand-Bergeron- Smith

2 draft picks & ufa

Hall- Haula- Pastrnak

Hall better than Bjork
Haula UFA
Pastrnak draft

DeBrusk/Foligno - Coyle - Steen
DeBrusk & Steen draft picks
Foligno UFA
Coyle for Donato

Frederic- Nosek - Lazar

McAvoy
Carlo
Grzelcyk
All draft picks

who are we talking about

Reactions: BruinsJoe

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully Foligno alright he was playing very well if not scoring. He ruptured the defensive structure by willingly going to front of net and occupying the right defenseman every shift and causing the goalie problems - while allowing Steen space

it’s a hard thing to do but he does and that’s my beef with DeBrusk- he doesn’t occupy space doesn’t force/bring traffic to him front he stays high and only passes through the dirty arenas

Blidh showed a similar ability as Foligno to fight and occupy attention and space down low creating more room for the other Bruins

I didn’t realize we had such a big contingent of fantasy hockey fans here - good to see

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
maybe Crouse is the better player right now, I haven't really seen him enough to say. People I trust have said he's a fast & strong skater for his size and does a lot of things well, so that alone makes him not another Ritchie or Hayes. It just worries me a bit that on paper it's the same old kind of thing this management group has failed to make work multiple times now.

Reactions: 24giovanni
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad