Rumor: 2021-2022 Official Boston Bruins Rumors and Roster Proposal Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
In order for the Bruins to get Pavelski, Debrusk needs to go the other way, and Dallas has to retain which again drives up the already high likely asking price.
Debrusk+ 1st +??? for Pavelski retained
I'd look elsewhere

I dont know what our cap situation will look like once all these guys return from covid and IR but we don't have a ton of deadline space as it stands but I'm sure Dom would know
******just checked and we have 6.4 million is deadline space......that's a lot more than a few days ago, wow!
I would also look elsewhere, as we need a long term 2C and a good LD for the future of the team. This team is advancing in years and cannot afford to keep acquiring rentals in the hope of that elusive Cup.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Right wing: Pasta, Smith, Khulman
Left wing: Marchy, Hall, Haula, Debrusk, Foligno, Blidh.
See how the left wing is stacked? Yamamoto might make a good 3rd line right winger. Posters say he hasn’t done anything with Mcdavid or Draisatil, but he had 26pts/27gms a couple of years ago. Don’t recall Jake being anywhere close to a pt/gm player in any of his seasons. Both players are underachieving this year, change of scenery might do them both some good. Right now Jake is just taking up oxygen on his line and I don’t see anything changing in the future based on the last few seasons. Yama even hits more than Jake, and yeah, his hits don’t do damage but at least there is effort unlike Jake.
Money doesn’t work, I know. But maybe bring in Kassian as well. Not my favorite, but at least he would bring some violence to this team, especially in the playoffs.

dont recall any of Jake’s seasons being only 28 games, also don’t recall Jake playing with arguably the best player in hockey

not that I think we can’t upgrade on Jake…I just doubt Yamamoto represents any sort of significant one

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Right wing: Pasta, Smith, Khulman
Left wing: Marchy, Hall, Haula, Debrusk, Foligno, Blidh.
See how the left wing is stacked? Yamamoto might make a good 3rd line right winger. Posters say he hasn’t done anything with Mcdavid or Draisatil, but he had 26pts/27gms a couple of years ago. Don’t recall Jake being anywhere close to a pt/gm player in any of his seasons. Both players are underachieving this year, change of scenery might do them both some good. Right now Jake is just taking up oxygen on his line and I don’t see anything changing in the future based on the last few seasons. Yama even hits more than Jake, and yeah, his hits don’t do damage but at least there is effort unlike Jake.
Money doesn’t work, I know. But maybe bring in Kassian as well. Not my favorite, but at least he would bring some violence to this team, especially in the playoffs.

RW: Pastrnak, Smith, Steen, Foligno, Lazar, Kuhlman

LW: Marchand, Hall, DeBrusk, Foligno, Blidh, Frederic

Not seeing who Yamamoto is an upgrade on for the right side. I’d rather just keep Steen, which is the player KY would be overtaking.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
dont recall any of Jake’s seasons being only 28 games, also don’t recall Jake playing with arguably the best player in hockey

not that I think we can’t upgrade on Jake…I just doubt Yamamoto represents any sort of significant one
I was just pointing out that Yama did produce with those two, since some were saying he didn’t. Bergeron & Krejci aren’t bad either. Not gonna get much for Jake.

Reactions: CDJ

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
RW: Pastrnak, Smith, Steen, Foligno, Lazar, Kuhlman

LW: Marchand, Hall, DeBrusk, Foligno, Blidh, Frederic

Not seeing who Yamamoto is an upgrade on for the right side. I’d rather just keep Steen, which is the player KY would be overtaking.
Lazar & Steen are natural centers. Khulman is on the way out. Yamamoto is a low risk move which might work.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lazar & Steen are natural centers. Khulman is on the way out. Yamamoto is a low risk move which might work.

Steen hasn’t played much center since coming over to North America. He hasn’t played any center in the NHL. It’s been RW only. They seem to view him as a RW so his “natural position” is irrelevant. Same with Lazar. He plays RW here.

Kuhlman could very well be claimed but if not, he’ll be in Providence.

Besides the cap issues, Yamamoto still doesn’t make sense. Use JDB to acquire something that is more useful.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
re: Hertl, something that I haven't seen mentioned, and another reason he's my main target: he comes in and instantly gives us a permanent solution as the net front guy on PP1.

He solves every need possible:

1.) 2nd line center now

2.) future 1st line center when Bergeron retires, it re-signed

3.) PP #1 option = Also upgrades 2nd unit

4.) Creates depth

5.) Gives Pastrnak a fellow countryman (could be really good for him)

It’s been done before but:

Marchand — Bergeron — Smith
Hall — Hertl — Pastrnak
Haula — Coyle — Steen
Blidh — Nosek — Foligno
Frederic/Lazar

This team competes for a Cup. It’s now DEEP up front.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
He solves every need possible:

1.) 2nd line center now

2.) future 1st line center when Bergeron retires, it re-signed

3.) PP #1 option = Also upgrades 2nd unit

4.) Creates depth

5.) Gives Pastrnak a fellow countryman (could be really good for him)

It’s been done before but:

Marchand — Bergeron — Smith
Hall — Hertl — Pastrnak
Haula — Coyle — Steen
Blidh — Nosek — Foligno
Frederic/Lazar

This team competes for a Cup. It’s now DEEP up front.
That forward group is solid, the defense still remains suspect.

Reactions: Knox Harrington

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
So you’re going to move a young player that the organization has drafted and developed back to Providence just to give a struggling forward a look because “he might work”.

Oskar Steen is working. No point in this suggestion.
Might work applies to most every player that is acquired. Steen looked good for a while there, now he kinda cooled off. Keeping Jake makes no sense in the long run, Sweeney bought some time with the team doing great now, but Jake needs to go in the end, and every GM knows that. Good luck getting more than Yama for him. I’m not saying Yama will be a revelation here, good chance he won’t work, but still worth the risk at$1 million.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
That forward group is solid, the defense still remains suspect.

It has its flaws. Not sure another deal for a defenseman is possible but I’d feel more confident with Hertl + Defense Now than no Hertl + Defense Now.

What do you think is more important. The 2LC or a T4D? The defenseman side doesn’t matter to me anymore after some posters pointed out what TBL has done.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
re: Hertl, something that I haven't seen mentioned, and another reason he's my main target: he comes in and instantly gives us a permanent solution as the net front guy on PP1.
Hertl is a pipe dream. Better chance to land Yama. We’re talking about Sweeney here.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Might work applies to most every player that is acquired. Steen looked good for a while there, now he kinda cooled off. Keeping Jake makes no sense in the long run, Sweeney bought some time with the team doing great now, but Jake needs to go in the end, and every GM knows that. Good luck getting more than Yama for him. I’m not saying Yama will be a revelation here, good chance he won’t work, but still worth the risk at$1 million.

Id rather move JDB for a pick than Yamamoto. At least a pick could help you in another deal. Yamamoto does nothing.

Reactions: Knox Harrington
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad