NHL 2021-2022 NHL Out of Town Thread XII - The Stanley Cup Playoffs: Frozen Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
What a gutless coward. Sucker punches someone and then books it the other way.

100% an anger impulse that he immediately regretted. I hope they throw the book at him. Years of violence and video games has trained young people to think a punch is nothing. You might as well wind up with a weapon. People can and do die from one hit, never mind the second hit once your head smacks the ground

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
100% an anger impulse that he immediately regretted. I hope they throw the book at him. Years of violence and video games has trained young people to think a punch is nothing. You might as well wind up with a weapon. People can and do die from one hit, never mind the second hit once your head smacks the ground

I'm not sure he regretted it right away, seeing as he punched another guy as he was running away.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
We - as society - need to stop thinking its ever appropriate to bring violence to the equation regardless of how offended/angry you are about something. I know it sounds silly but the will smith slap was a perfect example of the problem. (unless violence is forced to protect yourself or others)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Bishop to Sabres. Dallas cap dump.

Edit: I was looking at his stats and didn't realize that 19-20 was the last year he played. So nevermind on that.

Buffalo does need to upgrade on Andersen/Tokarski though, could make a big difference for them.

Last edited:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Poor impulse control has existed long before Pong and Pacman.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
2022 STANLEY CUP FINAL (IF TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING WIN GAME 6 OF ECF)

Wednesday, June 15: 8 p.m. Tampa Bay at Colorado

Saturday, June 18: 8 p.m. Tampa Bay at Colorado

Monday, June 20: 8 p.m. Colorado at Tampa Bay

Wednesday, June 22: 8 p.m. Colorado at Tampa Bay

*Friday, June 24: 8 p.m. Tampa Bay at Colorado

*Sunday, June 26: 8 p.m. Colorado at Tampa Bay

*Tuesday, June 28: 8 p.m. Tampa Bay at Colorado

2022 STANLEY CUP FINAL (IF NY RANGERS WIN GAME 6 OF ECF)

Saturday, June 18: 8 p.m. Tampa Bay/NY Rangers at Colorado

Monday, June 20: 8 p.m. Tampa Bay/NY Rangers at Colorado

Wednesday, June 22: 8 p.m. Colorado at Tampa Bay/NY Rangers

Friday, June 24: 8 p.m. Colorado at Tampa Bay/NY Rangers

*Sunday, June 26: 8 p.m. Tampa Bay/NY Rangers at Colorado

*Tuesday, June 28: 8 p.m. Colorado at Tampa Bay/NY Rangers

*Thursday, June 30: 8 p.m. Tampa Bay/NY Rangers at Colorado

* if necessary

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
How do you get banned from a venue for life, or how is that enforced when they just scan your phone or ticket and you keep walking...
Maybe I just answered my own question? Just seems like it would be difficult to enforce

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
How do you get banned from a venue for life, or how is that enforced when they just scan your phone or ticket and you keep walking...
Maybe I just answered my own question? Just seems like it would be difficult to enforce
The venue could ban orders from a certain credit card number, though that may or may not be enforced by secondary resellers like Stubhub.

They could post pictures of him and say do not admit, but how many ushers at the gate have time to notice the one guy out of 18,000 coming in? Also, he could just get a haircut or fake mustache or something.

It's not pragmatically enforceable but they have to declare he's banned for the PR bump and to show that they're not in support of the behavior.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I had problems with a drunk fan a couple of years ago. He shoved me so hard I would have probably broken my neck or back if my sis hadn't grabbed my arm (to prevent me from falling into the next row). The guards grabbed him and he punched them. He was arrested.

I was told he was banned for life, and I always wondered how they can enforce that.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Poor impulse control has existed long before Pong and Pacman.

True, I’m an avid gamer and not one to blame videos games as being the sole cause of anything, but I also teach and have seen how Gen z has come up with games that are far more realistic and it makes them more flippant about safety when it comes to physical violence, a big part of this is also a disregard for danger that’s just inherent in youth, but call of duty etc has made them a bit more aggressive and misunderstand what really happens to the human body overall when it comes to physical trauma

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I seem to remember reading about cowboys in the old west killing each other over the slightest perceived insults.

I think that predates the Grand Theft Auto video game by a little bit.

My point was about specific disregard for possible harm that can come from a single punch, not how willing people have been to hurt eachother through history. We are assuredly safer today than in the 1880’s, video games or not. They’re just particularly realistic and bloodthirsty today, I know, I play many of them, and see too many kids allowed to play them because parents just allow it.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Got to wonder if they have security cams and facial recognition systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad