NHL 2021-2022 NHL Out of Town Thread IV - Eichel traded to Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Microsoft Excel has us finishing in 4th at the moment, pretty large gap after that though.

2-DE537-E7-CF7-C-436-D-92-B6-07-B768215070.jpg
Florida losing Barkov might slow them down. Big shoes to fill.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Concession prices in Seattle are pricy

$9 for WATER

c077dad6fde64e689a8e7b11cce91969.jpg

You all have one guess who is running the show

Delaware North CEO Charlie Jacobs said: “Climate Pledge Arena is a glimpse into the future, in terms of fan experience and sustainable venue operations. This type of forward thinking perfectly aligns with our core values, and we are excited to deliver our innovation and distinct brand of hospitality. Our partners at Oak View Group and the Seattle Kraken are setting a new standard, and we are thrilled to be part of the team.”

In addition to owning and operating TD Garden – home of the Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics – Delaware North operates concessions, premium dining, event catering, year-round restaurants and retail at more than 50 venues across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Asia.

“We’re working hard behind the scenes as we speak to bring together an arena food and beverage experience unlike any in the industry at present,” said Ken Gaber, vice president of strategic operations for Delaware North Sportservice. “Climate Pledge Arena will have abundant local flavors and brands, and it’ll feature conveniences never before seen at this scale.”

Climate Pledge Arena selects Delaware North to Manage Food and Beverage Services - Climate Pledge Arena

Reactions: Knox Harrington

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

$9 for WATER

View attachment 481294

Delaware North CEO Charlie Jacobs said: “Climate Pledge Arena is a glimpse into the future, in terms of fan experience and sustainable venue operations. This type of forward thinking perfectly aligns with our core values, and we are excited to deliver our innovation and distinct brand of hospitality. Our partners at Oak View Group and the Seattle Kraken are setting a new standard, and we are thrilled to be part of the team.”

In addition to owning and operating TD Garden – home of the Boston Bruins and Boston Celtics – Delaware North operates concessions, premium dining, event catering, year-round restaurants and retail at more than 50 venues across the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and Asia.

“We’re working hard behind the scenes as we speak to bring together an arena food and beverage experience unlike any in the industry at present,” said Ken Gaber, vice president of strategic operations for Delaware North Sportservice. “Climate Pledge Arena will have abundant local flavors and brands, and it’ll feature conveniences never before seen at this scale.”

Climate Pledge Arena selects Delaware North to Manage Food and Beverage Services - Climate Pledge Arena

I've had the, ahem, 'privilege', of buying food and drink from Delaware North Concessions on 3 different continents and they are awful everywhere. I don't think anyone does great stadium/arena food but Jacobs' crew are the worst. Same model wherever you find them - rip off prices and a rubbish product, and services run by narky, self-entitled management. Seattle should have given them a wide berth.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

$9 for WATER

View attachment 481294

unbelievable and shameful to sell water at that price

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Nobody forces you to buy it.

You’re not allowed to bring anything in and it’s water. WATER. It’d be nice if staying hydrated didn’t cost a large portion of what some people make hourly.

I know it’s really edgy in some circles to root for ruthless capitalism regardless of circumstance, but this is just shitty in my opinion. I’m all for a rule that says you can’t sell water for above 500% margin.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You’re not allowed to bring anything in and it’s water. WATER. It’d be nice if staying hydrated didn’t cost a large portion of what some people make hourly.

I know it’s really edgy in some circles to root for ruthless capitalism regardless of circumstance, but this is just shitty in my opinion. I’m all for a rule that says you can’t sell water for above 500% margin.

Its at a sporting event not a shortage.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020

Gordie Howe.

Is this for real?! 5'7" 175lbs and has fought more than frederic. We could have had a goal scorer who also fights? Instead of a non fighter who doesn't score... At least this can be scrutinized instead of 2015 anymore. Biggest flaw of this organization is drafting.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Is this for real?! We could have had a goal scorer who also fights? Instead of a non fighter who doesn't score... At least this can be scrutinized instead of 2015 anymore. Biggest flaw of this organization is drafting.
Yes we could have, but a few teams missed on Debrincat. He probably deserved to be in top 10 rather than a 2nd rounder.

Kyrou is another one drafted shortly after Freddy that I would have preferred.

But that wasn’t a horrible draft. Mcavoy and Lindgren are both top 4 guys. Steen in the 6th round is an NHL player.

Reactions: TobanWest

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Yea this is it, if you were allowed to bring in water it would be different, but people are chronically dehydrated and some people absolutely need to drink water consistently for medical reasons. Gouging it like that is gross.

Reactions: CharasLazyWrister

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

It’s in a place where you have no option to get water for three straight hours other than paying nine bucks.

I guess people could drink out of the sink in the bathroom.

What would be the harm in setting a limit on the profit margin on water in a closed sporting event?

its a business. Theres no feelings involved.
Just a ledger.
What will people pay? Thats what you charge.

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Is this for real?! 5'7" 175lbs and has fought more than frederic. We could have had a goal scorer who also fights? Instead of a non fighter who doesn't score... At least this can be scrutinized instead of 2015 anymore. Biggest flaw of this organization is drafting.

Frederic going before DeBrincat sucks but at least we got McAvoy out of that draft

Reactions: inactive user
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad