GDT: 2021-2022 New Jersey Devils GDT Sign-Up/Ideas thread

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Guess who's back?

Back again?

This idiots back, that's who. Nerds.

It is that time of year again when we decide on our new whipping boys, our new terrible narratives, and ultimately be losers together on HF Devils.

GDT Sign-Up thread!

Trust me, I am excited for this anime my friendos.

What is how we done do it?

1. Sign Up!

Typically we want to generally know who is interested. There's no penalty if you forget to actually do it, other than my scorn... which is about as volatile as water.

2. Be imaginative!

The more creative, zany, insane, or funny the GDT the better. We like memes. We like Spooderman. 1 or 2 of us like anime (to the concern of everyone else). So get out there, find a theme and find some fun! Some of us have our own brand of GDT, and you'll learn to recognize them. Trust me, some are better than others (such as my cakeday GDTs which are always 100% badly-cut-crackfests).

3. You don't need to be a Devils-only poster!

We have had a handful of GDTs created by multi-team fans over the years. And we always ask why they also like the Wild. Be respectful if you venture forth in doing so, as an insulting GDT will be removed and a mod may mock you. Well, maybe not a mod, but the rest of us will.

4. Try to have the thread up by 12PM EST of the game day!

Needs no explanation.

5. How this works is if the team wins the game and you posted the GDT, you're on the hook for the next one. This will continue until the team looses. Then the process restarts. Now, there are some special games in there that people sign up for, and those games do not start or end a GDT streak UNLESS the previous game was a loss (obviously if there are 2 snowflake games in a row then the last snowflake game gets the win streak).

To reserve a game post in this thread with the date and I'll add it to the list.

Anyways, LGD!

party-hard-anime.gif

Reserved Games:

1. Based Gusev Fan - Jan 13 Devils/Islanders. (Good luck to your eyes everyone).

2. JK3 - FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON

3. Better Call Sal - 2ND GAME or 1st non-win game.

4. Based Gusev Fan - Oct 19 - KRAKEN @ DeVuLs

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Sign me up for some games this season! Not the first few though, if we get off to a bad start I can't have that guilt weigh on me. Plus I have no ideas for GDT themes!

Reactions: Based Anime Fan

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'd take the vitriol for a bad first few games, but I certainly can't handle the responsibility of the first game of the season. I'll have to leave that one to someone else with actual skill.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’m trying to get something together unless someone else has something in the works.

You're always good for the first game of the season, I feel like we default to you. :laugh:

Put me down for 2nd on the GDT list after @JK3 but don't count on me for midnight GDTs these days. I have a 6 month old and my schedule is certainly more out of whack than it used to be.

Reactions: My3Sons and JK3

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
You're always good for the first game of the season, I feel like we default to you. :laugh:

Put me down for 2nd on the GDT list after @JK3 but don't count on me for midnight GDTs these days. I have a 6 month old and my schedule is certainly more out of whack than it used to be.
I'll update the list when I get home

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad