Speculation: 2021-2022 General Lightning Discussion

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I would trade Sergachev for Jiricek/Nemec.

Nemec in particular would be NHL ready for the 3rd pair
hypothetcially, would you trade Sergachev our first and maybe a decent prospect to whoever would have the 3rd pick if it meant we could pick one of Jiricek or Nemec

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
hypothetcially, would you trade Sergachev our first and maybe a decent prospect to whoever would have the 3rd pick if it meant we could pick one of Jiricek or Nemec
Tampa wouldn't need to move to top 3 to grab one, likely top 5/6. I could see Serg+a small add, but not the 1st or higher ranked prospect. Tampa has 3 RD already in the system with Perbix, Thompson and Schmidt, and while Nemec or Jiricek are obviously better than any of them, not sure that's what Tampa should move Serg for at the draft(if he's really made available).

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We can scratch one skater basically and rest either one forward (11-7) or one defenseman (12-6), lol

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Rangers are keeping Panerin out. I wonder if other teams will keep players out as well.

Who would we even pick. I get the feeling Coop won't rest any of the big guys but could restrict their minutes

Just don't want the Islanders gooning it up the last game of the year because it's all they know how to do

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I would trade Sergachev and maybe a prospect or a 3rd/4th but nothing more than that.

I don't think such a trade will ever happen though

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Rangers are keeping Panerin out. I wonder if other teams will keep players out as well.

Who would we even pick. I get the feeling Coop won't rest any of the big guys but could restrict their minutes

Just don't want the Islanders gooning it up the last game of the year because it's all they know how to do
Well if Cernak is out the final 2 games, thats gonna be your answer. i dont see us making guys play more minutes by holding out another forward or dman

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Serg's value is not 3rd overall pick high imo. Even if we add
I don't know. I think it tops out around #3, definitely top-10. He's still 23, and probably on his way to being a good #2 D. Already won two cups. With some PP time, he's easily a 50 point defenseman.

I mean, we have our issues with him, but really some of his talent is untapped.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Again, serge can play RD. Our coaching ideology has him play LD so that we always have an elite defenseman on the ice. Through all three defensive lines. That’s because our RD is largely incapable. Cernak is our best, but he’s still a tier below all of our LD.

You trade older players and forwards. Because they’re infinitely more fungible. Unless serge has unreasonable contract demands.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I don't know. I think it tops out around #3, definitely top-10. He's still 23, and probably on his way to being a good #2 D. Already won two cups. With some PP time, he's easily a 50 point defenseman.

I mean, we have our issues with him, but really some of his talent is untapped.
A lot of the issues for Serge is we shaved him from a square peg to fit in the round hole we needed him to fit. Serge won't hit his peak, because Heddy is in his spot. That doesn't mean we are, should, or would trade him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A lot of the issues for Serge is we shaved him from a square peg to fit in the round hole we needed him to fit. Serge won't hit his peak, because Heddy is in his spot. That doesn't mean we are, should, or would trade him.
I think that's where some of the trade talk comes from. We know some of his potential is unlikely to be realized here, with two lefties ahead of him for at least the next few years.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
The last thing I want to be saying in these playoffs is, “well at least I hope Tampa goes all the way to three-peat” I could give a rats ass about Tampa, I want the Leafs to ground them into chicken feed. I mean it’s so low on my list of things I want to say, it’s below “I guess it’s time to clean up other people’s dog shit off my lawn”. F Tampa.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The last thing I want to be saying in these playoffs is, “well at least I hope Tampa goes all the way to three-peat” I could give a rats ass about Tampa, I want the Leafs to ground them into chicken feed. I mean it’s so low on my list of things I want to say, it’s below “I guess it’s time to clean up other people’s dog shit off my lawn”. F Tampa.

You might have to help me out with this one

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Are we even able to rest any forwards Thursday or Friday? Or are we stuck cap wise of bringing any call ups up?
Absolutely no flexibility
Living on the razors edge to be sure. Strict no shot blocking rule in effect (I hope), Elliott may be a sacrificial lamb tonight. And if I'm the coach, tomorrow too.

Btw, once we do have some flexibility, who do we all think our Black Aces are going to be?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad