Speculation: 2021-2022 General Lightning Discussion

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Was just looking through some statistics on Natural Stat Trick and found this to be quite neat. Penalties drawn on the penalty kill from 2019-2021. Plenty of current or former Bolts featured.

upload_2021-10-19_15-22-56.png

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
This forward group is probably below average NHL level without Kuch. Hard to believe given then history and identity of this run. Flat cap has been a killer.

Top line with Point Stammer and Palat is definitely top 10 and above average

2nd line with Cirelli Killer Joseph is below average. Cirelli isn’t more than average as a 2C, Killer is good but Joseph while useful is a bottom 6 NHL player.

3rd line with Colton Perry Maroon is probably below average. Maroon and Perry are solid 4th line guys and Colton is still learning.

4th line is trash. Solid 4C surrounded by 2 rookies

Top 4 D and Vassy are where it’s at. Heddy needs to go nuts and Serge needs to start scoring

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
This forward group is probably below average NHL level without Kuch. Hard to believe given then history and identity of this run. Flat cap has been a killer.

Top line with Point Stammer and Palat is definitely top 10 and above average

2nd line with Cirelli Killer Joseph is below average. Cirelli isn’t more than average as a 2C, Killer is good but Joseph while useful is a bottom 6 NHL player.

3rd line with Colton Perry Maroon is probably below average. Maroon and Perry are solid 4th line guys and Colton is still learning.

4th line is trash. Solid 4C surrounded by 2 rookies

Top 4 D and Vassy are where it’s at. Heddy needs to go nuts and Serge needs to start scoring

Below average in the NHL what are you smoking. Name me 16 teams with a better foward group than ours without Kuch.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Biggest issue up front is the plethora of two way guys that aren't pure goal scorers. Our depth is abysmal at putting the puck in the net but I think our combos need work and that can help. I would prefer to see this;

Palat - Point - Stamkos
Killorn - Cirelli - Raddysh
Katchouk - Colton - Joseph
Maroon - Bellemare - Perry

Might as well solidify tandems and two lines. 1st line and 4th line is as concrete in a depth chart as you can make it. Cirelli and Colton need to be the middle 6 centers. Stick Killorn with Cirelli. Give Katchouk and Raddysh more minutes and see if they can look like they're hockey players cause so far they both look lost as heck. Raddysh does nothing. Katchouk has potential in that role, he just looks a tad behind but hopefully that will change. They definitely aren't like previous call ups that look solid even if they aren't producing. Short of them getting it together I don't know if I'm sold on the whole trade someone at the deadline. I would rather retool next offseason by unloading Palat (letting him walk if we have to, cap space is a plus), McD, Killorn and gearing up with a different supporting cast. It's not a knock on them, it's just the unfortunate realization that we have a costly group of elite players and the supporting guys are making it tough to keep a balanced group. Not to mention Cirelli, Cernak and Sergachev will need raises in a couple years.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Biggest issue up front is the plethora of two way guys that aren't pure goal scorers. Our depth is abysmal at putting the puck in the net but I think our combos need work and that can help. I would prefer to see this;

Palat - Point - Stamkos

Might as well solidify tandems and two lines. 1st line and 4th line is as concrete in a depth chart as you can make it. Cirelli and Colton need to be the middle 6 centers. Stick Killorn with Cirelli. Give Katchouk and Raddysh more minutes and see if they can look like they're hockey players cause so far they both look lost as heck. Raddysh does nothing. Katchouk has potential in that role, he just looks a tad behind but hopefully that will change. They definitely aren't like previous call ups that look solid even if they aren't producing. Short of them getting it together I don't know if I'm sold on the whole trade someone at the deadline. I would rather retool next offseason by unloading Palat (letting him walk if we have to, cap space is a plus), McD, Killorn and gearing up with a different supporting cast. It's not a knock on them, it's just the unfortunate realization that we have a costly group of elite players and the supporting guys are making it tough to keep a balanced group. Not to mention Cirelli, Cernak and Sergachev will need raises in a couple years.

i dont mind moving the rookies up, but i dont blame cooper for taking his time doing so at this point. ease them into the game, with less quality opposition.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Below average in the NHL what are you smoking. Name me 16 teams with a better foward group than ours without Kuch.
TOR, FL, BOS, PIT, WASH, CAR, NYI

Close: NYR, PHI

To your point not quite half for sure but definitely debatable. Other teams are deeper but the top line is still better than most.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
If Erik Branstrom or Samuel Girard were available would we want either of them and what would we give up for either of them.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Without a kuch this team could be in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs.

Our forward depth is gone. Our top line will produce, but after that it's not good. (Cirelli isn't a scorer but if he can be a shutdown role it might help)

Our Defense + Vasi are gonna have to really step up and win us games.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Palat - Point - Stamkos

With Kuch out and Stamkos on the top line, our bottom 9 looks below average tbh. Hopefully someone will step up or it won't be easy this season.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
TOR, FL, BOS, PIT, WASH, CAR, NYI

Close: NYR, PHI

To your point not quite half for sure but definitely debatable. Other teams are deeper but the top line is still better than most.
It does not need to be half. All that matters is three in the division this year to put us out of the playoffs. Florida , Boston, Toronto are better in the Division then consider the Metro Pens, Caps' Islanders, Canes, Flyers in that order. Thats 9 in the east that are better than our current forward roster without Kuch. Right now we can ice one great NHL line and if you hold them to one goal like the Panthers game last night your in trouble.

The interview with Heddy between periods spoke volumes. The importance of Kuch 5x5 and more importantly on the PP, he came right out and said that Kuch runs the PP, And what were the results last night 0-7 on the PP including a extended 5 on 3. When you have to put Maroon and Nipples(Perry) on the PP you have issues. Cirelli is useless on the PP and Joseph poor Joseph he has no place in the top 6 or on the PP but here we are. Katchouk and Raddyish have not shown thus far they are ready for the NHL not even 4th line ready.

The next 50 games are going to be cringeworthy, Vasi is going to have to be lights out and were gonna need to win the 2-1 1-0 games to survive in good shape when Kuch returns. The team will still feast on the weaker teams but somehow they are going to have to have a .55 p% until Kuch returns for a chance at the post season. Somehow the PP has to be a lot better if they can not stay above 20% on the PP it will be tough. The schedule is tough the next 6 week with only 4 cupcake games.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Lightning announce third jersey schedule for 2021-21 season

8 games:

Saturday, October 23 vs. Colorado Avalanche
Saturday, November 13 vs. Florida Panthers
Saturday, November 20 vs. New Jersey Devils
Saturday, January 8 vs. Boston Bruins
Saturday, January 15 vs. Dallas Stars
Saturday, January 29 vs. Vegas Golden Knights
Saturday, April 2 vs. Montreal Canadiens
Saturday, April 16 vs. Winnipeg Jets

Cue the complaining about these jerseys again...

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Lightning announce third jersey schedule for 2021-21 season

8 games:

Saturday, October 23 vs. Colorado Avalanche
Saturday, November 13 vs. Florida Panthers
Saturday, November 20 vs. New Jersey Devils
Saturday, January 8 vs. Boston Bruins
Saturday, January 15 vs. Dallas Stars
Saturday, January 29 vs. Vegas Golden Knights
Saturday, April 2 vs. Montreal Canadiens
Saturday, April 16 vs. Winnipeg Jets

Cue the complaining about these jerseys again...

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad