2021/2022 Fantasy Draft Discussion Thread

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Tbh I could run/co-run a draft or other game right now, but running a fantasy pool is a pain because I have to check points daily so I have no interest in doing that again

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Tbh I could run/co-run a draft or other game right now, but running a fantasy pool is a pain because I have to check points daily so I have no interest in doing that again
Pretty much in the same boat. I just got a new job where it’s basically sit around and wait for orders to come in but I know I’d lose interest updating once a day. I could definitely update a board and tell everyone Schols is skipped though.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I’m down to join if it starts after new year’s, I’m usually pretty busy until like the end of the first week of January.

Reactions: Llamamoto

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Farabee (925k)--O'Reilly (7.5M)--Atkinson (5.875M)
Kurashev (843k)--Couture (8M)--C Brown (3.6M).
T Moore (925k)--Pinto (925k)-Jarnkrok (2M)
Formenton (747k)--Sissons (2.86M) --Bozak (5M)

Forsling (873k)--Ekblad (7.5M)
D Toews (4.1M)--M Roy (3.15M)
Bryson (889k)--Myers (6M)

Merzlikins (4M)
Stolarz (950k)

Total Cap Hit: 66.559M

Halfway through the season and decided to see how this team measures up.

The strengths:
Centers--O'Reilly and Couture are a great 1-2, with the presumption of health for Pinto this group of centers grades out to an A.
The D is a an A+. Five of the six average more than 21 minutes per game. Ekblad and Toews are pacing for more than 20 goals per 82 games.
PK--this team is actually good at avoiding penalties, but when they do commit one, there are some of the best PKers in the league. A
Bottom six--would actually revise the lines (see below). Sissons/Moore/Bozak/Formenton/Brown are some of the best role players in the league. B+

Weaknesses:

Second-line scoring from the wing. Would try Jarnkrok on the first line to put Atkinson with Couture and get some scoring out of the 2nd line. But the big problem is that Kurashev is not having a good year. C-

Farabee-O'Reilly-Jarnkrok
Kurashev-Couture-Atkinson
Moore-Pinto-C. Brown
Formenton-Sissons-Bozak

Toews-Ekblad
Forsling-Roy
Bryson-Myers

Merzlikins
Stolarz

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Will run a draft once there's enough interest for 25+ GMs and someone offers to help

- Will have 2 voting periods, one once the draft is done and then a second one 12 months from that date, to really test player's ability
- Probably a few trades per team
- For 2022-2023 but using 2021-2022 cap hits (925k ELCs for anyone unsigned)

Don't care when this happens, but will put it out there now to try and start getting interest, probably a month or so away

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Will run a draft once there's enough interest for 25+ GMs and someone offers to help

- Will have 2 voting periods, one once the draft is done and then a second one 12 months from that date, to really test player's ability
- Probably a few trades per team
- For 2022-2023 but using 2021-2022 cap hits (925k ELCs for anyone unsigned)

Don't care when this happens, but will put it out there now to try and start getting interest, probably a month or so away
Would like to start getting signups for this so that I can leave it open for a few weeks. Hoping to start it early-mid May and end just before the draft/free agency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad