Speculation: 2021-2022 Coyotes Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That pick is going to be like 36th overall. BA might get his 20th ranked kid there. If they’re willing to take back Hutton and swap the Schmaltz and White contracts, I’d do it for just that pick.
I’d squeeze them because you can. But you may be right. Im also buying out Murray for $10M. That contract is awful. Cap hit is less than $.

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
That Ottawa 2nd would be a pretty nice asset.

It's still early but if none of the Islanders, Canucks, Flyers, or Sharks turn things around, those 2nds we currently have will also end up being very nice assets. Even if we miss out on the Montreal pick and are stuck with Carolina, almost all of our 2nds could end up in the first half of the 2nd round which is where they stand now. I didn't picture that being the case over the summer.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
It's still early but if none of the Islanders, Canucks, Flyers, or Sharks turn things around, those 2nds we currently have will also end up being very nice assets. Even if we miss out on the Montreal pick and are stuck with Carolina, almost all of our 2nds could end up in the first half of the 2nd round which is where they stand now. I didn't picture that being the case over the summer.

It's not even December yet, still plenty of hockey. But yep, if things stay the same the 2nds get a whole lot better and the 2st get a whole lot worst. We have ammo and cap space to move up though. If Montreal ends bottom ten I still forsee us getting back to the middle of the 1st somehow.

Reactions: IrishFin

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I’d take Murray with assets attached. I think he’s a headcase after winning those two cups and being signed to the big contract in Ottawa. Could help him having a lower profile here. Plus he could easily be bought out if needed.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think we could remake Murray. At least have a chance. We need a goalie after this year anyway to bridge to Prosvetov. Crazy that just a few years ago Murray was seen as the best goalie for team Canada.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
For those of you not looking to click on the link.
Screen Shot 2021-11-28 at 12.59.55 PM.png

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Vejmelka is waivers exempt right? So if we acquire Murray and send Vej down, and then I guess waive/trade/nudge into retirement Hutton then we can run a tandem of Murray and wedgewood the rest of the season.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Send a goalie back to Ottawa.

Thoughts on Schmaltz and Wedgwood for Murray?

I like it just to shorten the term from Schmaltz to Murray.

Reactions: moosemeister

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Man I totally forgot how long Schmaltz's contract is, yikes. A swap with hutton for murray and their 2nd would be a huge win, doubt we get the 2nd though. 3rd is probably still worth it. Just about every player but Schmaltz rebounded and has looked good. Maybe he still turns it around but it seems unlikely. We do also seem to be able to rebuild goalies so worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad