GDT: 2020 World Series: (AL) Tampa Bay Rays vs (NL) Los Angeles Dodgers - LAD wins 4-2

TB vs LAD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
If they knew the test result in the 2nd inning why was he allowed to stay in the game until after the 7th?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
because MLB wasn't about to cancel the game and postpone the series for two weeks
I wasn't expecting them to cancel the game but the league is saying he was ordered off the field when they found out about the result. He stayed in for another five innings and they did nothing about it. This is some amateur stuff.

He was like five feet from hitting a 2-run homer in the 6th too. Lol, imagine the shitstorm if that had happened.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Dodgers are my favorite Baseball team but with all the things that have happened over the last few years with the scandals and then shortened season this year among other things I have zero excitement for them winning the World Series. I don't know if I will ever have much excitement for anything to do with Baseball ever again :(

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Well, Game 4 was epic but that wasn't much interesting World Series at all. Dodgers cleary are much much better team. Not close at all.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Enjoyed seeing them win but was hoping for a more exciting clinching game :laugh:

Great to see them have their day after being cheated out of 2 titles. Kershaw was able to exercise his post season demons and negate all the bad talking points about him.

I wasn't expecting them to cancel the game but the league is saying he was ordered off the field when they found out about the result. He stayed in for another five innings and they did nothing about it. This is some amateur stuff.

He was like five feet from hitting a 2-run homer in the 6th too. Lol, imagine the shitstorm if that had happened.

Given the close contact he had with his own team and members of the Rays, cancelling the game may have been what was needed. I'm not saying they should've or anything, but either way, I'm guessing they let him stay in given it was potentially the last game of the season and then when the Dodgers won, the season was over.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If I were commissioner I would take away the trophy and say we have no champion this year. This is a black eye on Baseball and compared to the NHL and NBA, this is unfathomable.

Please. He didn't take away the trophy when the Asterisks and Shit Sox cheated. It would be a PR nightmare and COMPLETELY unnecessary to take the trophy away. MLB didn't exactly try to stop Turner from going back onto the field either.

so basically the league know he had tested positive but didn't do anything because they didn't want to be forced to postpone the WS

nice

MLB putting players health & safety at risk in order to not lose any money? Shocker!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Because their bubble, was actually a bubble.

Yeah unless this was some false positive how the hell did he get it when MLB was supposedly in a mobile bubble? Then again Justin Turner showed his stupidity even AFTER testing positive in the celebration so I guess it isn't that hard to believe he had some magic wings or something outside the bubble.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If they knew the test result in the 2nd inning why was he allowed to stay in the game until after the 7th?

That's another thing, why did they even take him out at all if they were gonna pull that crap and ignore baseball to begin with? What the heck was taking him out for two innings gonna do when he played the whole game AND ran amok in the postgame?!

The Dodgers should really be fined and lose draft picks for playing fast and loose with the protocols like this. MLB was probably complicit in some fashion though...Manfred makes Roger Goodell look like Pete Rozelle.

At the end of the day they didn't follow protocol. The Bubble failed.

Imagine if this happened earlier in the series?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Del Preston

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Cash is in a no win situation. If he leaves the guy in, and the Dodgers explode, he gets the Grady Little treatment. If he takes him out, and the bullpen fails to perform, he gets the Dusty Baker treatment from 2002 game 6.

The decision he made isn't that controversial imo. He's doing what they've done all year. It didn't work out. That's baseball.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Well this caps a horrendous year for Manfred

- Gives the Astros and Red Sox a slap on the wrist after they cheated and won championships
- Calls the Commissioners Trophy a "piece of metal"
- Picks a fight with the MLBPA during discussions on how to run the season, almost had to cancel this year
- Had multiple outbreaks early in the season, IIRC at one point 20% of the leagues teams couldn't play
- Now we have a player who basically ignored all rules when it comes to COVID (I don't fault the Dodgers here as much; MLB should have personnel (or a 3rd party) in place to prevent things like Turner leaving isolation to go celebrate)

They should can him and hire someone from outside the league office. IMO when you have a Selig type who runs the league for so long, their replacement should be fresh blood.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Cash is in a no win situation. If he leaves the guy in, and the Dodgers explode, he gets the Grady Little treatment. If he takes him out, and the bullpen fails to perform, he gets the Dusty Baker treatment from 2002 game 6.

The decision he made isn't that controversial imo. He's doing what they've done all year. It didn't work out. That's baseball.

If you make the decision to win/lose with your best then it is what it is. Cash didn’t do that. It’s game 6 of the f***ing world aeries and you take the ball out of Snells hand who is your ace and is pitching a historically good game and you give it to Anderson who is a gas can. He proceeds to promptly give up runs and becomes the record holder for most consecutive playoff appearances while giving up a run.

That’s not using analytics to your advantage in the situation. That’s straight up spreadsheet management and he deserves to be fired for it

Oct 18, 2011
Worst coaching decision Ive seen since the Seahawks not handing the ball to Lynch. Why have a manager if you're not going to have amy feel for the game and predetermine what you're going to do. Smoltz made good points on the broadcast about how usage and stress are different in the playoffs and for whatever reason he turned the game over to someone who hasn't been pitching well

If Snell was at like 100 pitches I get it but in the 70s? And Betts and Seager were 0 for 4 with 4 k's against him. Just stupid. Just let robots manage if this is what you're going to do

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Rays could return if they add solid middle of the order bat. The rotation is scary good with Snell/Glasnow/Morton, they have awesome depth in the pen but could use some power other than Roza

bov

Nov 13, 2010
The only thing more annoying than Cash's move is going to be the analytics zealots defending it to the death.

Yeah this is the best part. There's not another manager in the game that pulls Snell there. Not one. I wonder what numbers Cash was sitting on that nobody else in the world would act upon. What a smart guy, next level!

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad