Prospect Info: 2020 Way-Too-Early Top 10 Draft Rankings

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Mercer reminds me a lot of Brendan Gallagher, which would be an awesome pick with Arizona’s 1st rounder.

Leaving the draft with Drysdale and Mercer in the 1st round would be amazing!

My personal dream is Drysdale and Marco Rossi --but Arizona's pick would have to fall to the #10-#12 overall range and a couple of teams would have to make boneheaded decisions to pass on Rossi in order for this to happen. A more likely dream for me is Drysdale and Dylan Holloway -- Holloway mixes skill and power in the Tkachuk mode, and translates to a physical, high-scoring top-line winger in the NHL. He's kind of the perfect compliment on the LW to a Hughes or Hischier.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
My personal dream is Drysdale and Marco Rossi --but Arizona's pick would have to fall to the #10-#12 overall range and a couple of teams would have to make boneheaded decisions to pass on Rossi in order for this to happen. A more likely dream for me is Drysdale and Dylan Holloway -- Holloway mixes skill and power in the Tkachuk mode, and translates to a physical, high-scoring top-line winger in the NHL. He's kind of the perfect compliment on the LW to a Hughes or Hischier.

I would be floored if Rossi fell out of the top 10...there's just no one realistically to pick above him in the top 10 lol. maybe someone like holloway or gunler? But again...that would shock me real hard.

Then again...stranger things have happened (like seider at 6...that was a real shocker).

Last edited:

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I would be floored if Rossi fell out of the top 10...there's just no one realistically to pick above him in the top 10 lol. maybe someone like holloway or gunler? But again...that would shock me real hard.

Then again...stranger things have happened (like seider at 6...that was a real shocker).

I had Seider strongly entrenched last the second-best D in last year's draft after only Bowen Byram. To me, it was absurd that Detroit was criticized for taking Seider at #6 and everyone seemed okay with Edmonton taking Broberg at #8 overall.

We can say all we want about the absurdity of Rossi dropping from the top 10 -- and believe me I agree with you 100% on how awesome the kid is -- but the fact of the matter is that Cole Caufield dropped to #15 last year for the same stupid reason which could propel Rossi out of the top 10.

I agree with you on Holloway -- he's just got NHL scoring power F written all over him. NHL coaches and GMs love those guys. As for Gunler -- expect him to be this year's Kaliyev, all over the rankings from top 10s to the second rounds. His talent is just immense, but his play is often quite frustrating to watch. Let's hope he puts it all together, but as for now I can't see an NHL scouting department taking aa chance on Gunler over a Rossi or Holtz or Perfetti.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad