Boston Bruins 2020 Training Camp - Phase III - Training Camp at Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Think Lauzon > Clifton in the playoffs is a lock? Clifton has more experience there. 18 games is a fair amount of experience.

The only way to get experience is to play, Clifton had no playoff experience prior to last year.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Think Lauzon > Clifton in the playoffs is a lock? Clifton has more experience there. 18 games is a fair amount of experience.

Its probably a 3 way position on that 3rd pairing spot. I could see all three rotating in. I'd go with Lauzon to start based on his size, style and how he compliments Grzelyck.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

I believe he also immediately turned over the puck with Rask pulled late leading to a goal. He provides a lot but I don't know if I place much weight in the simple fact that he did play those games. If Lauzon is playing well, I pick him.

Reactions: Strafer

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Given how Lauzon has played and what he has brought to the team, I really hope Butch starts with him. If he seems to have trouble handling things then he can always be replaced. Lauzon's game seems to be suited well for the playoffs, as long as he can avoid doing something stupid.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I love Cliffy - he plays wholeheartedly above his stature without fear - but Lauzon has to get first shot. He just complements Gryz better because he offers most of with Matt lacks, and his bigger body and attitude add a physicality and ability to win pucks and dominate space that the Bs need more of. With him in the lineup each D pair is a good combination of a bigger shutdown defender and a smaller puck-mover and it gives great balance across the board.

If Clifton gets a chance, and I semi-hope he does, not because I wish injury on anyone else but because I think he deserves it, then I'm confident he'd be fine, but it's Lauzon's spot to lose initially.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Anyone think Studnicka gets a shot in the playoffs?

I'm assuming they go with to start:
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Dedrusk-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Lindholm/Kuhlman/Studnicka/Frederic/Senyshyn

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Dedrusk-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Studnicka or Kuhlman are both better options than Bjork

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
For fun I rewatched the Bruins 7-3 win over Washington this season.

Silly me forgot just how angry that game made me. Rewatching it was no better... the days of Ritchie pretending to find a partner during a post game scrum where Nordstrom even dropped his gloves. Shortly after a predatory hit on McAvoy....

Let's just hope the Bruins we saw vs the cowardly Tampa is the real Bruins team we get in these playoffs rather than the simply pathetic Bruins of the first half.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Dedrusk-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordstrom
He would be option number one. If any of the bottom 6 struggle beside Coyle and maybe Ritchie.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Dedrusk-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Love Bjork but its gonna be Kuhlman. And Im ok with that.

IMO his style fits well with Coyle and Ritchie. Plus he's responsible and not a liability.

pemulis

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2008
postdocing in Sydney
I want Bjork with Coyle, I think they've developed some nice chemistry. But I also want Kuhlman playing, I'd consider him playing on the fourth with Wags and Kuraly.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Outside of brief, random flashes by Khulman where he looks like Marchand, he is definitely 3rd on the list.

Bjork looked great this year.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Bjork. I agree that he looked really good for long stretches, but his actual production is still a work in progress and of course Cassidy singled him out and benched him a couple of times on the pretext that his play fell short of what’s required to handle high intensity/playoff hockey. Regardless of whether that was justified or not it’s unlikely that doubt has gone from the coach’s mind.

So I feel that while he will probably and rightfully get first opportunity on the 3rd line when things restart, he will be on quite a short leash and Cassidy won’t hesitate to consider Kuhlman, bump Kuraly up a line, or throw in Studnicka if they’re comfortably with trialling him as a winger. I think Bjork playing well is important to the Bruins’ chances, as his ceiling is higher than Karson’s or Seny’s, Kuraly and Wags are better-suited to the 4th line and Stud’s going to be a star but probably isn’t quite there yet for playoff hockey, so hopefully he steps up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Dedrusk-Krejci-Kase
Ritchie-Coyle-Bjork
Wagner-Kuraly-Nordstrom

Depends on who gets hurt to open up a spot. He's not playing on the 4th line. I think he would need at least one of Bergeron/Krejci to go down to get a look.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Studnicka or Kuhlman are both better options than Bjork

Bjork was starting to hit a wall late in the season, understandable if you look at the number of games he's played per season since starting in the NCAA. But a fresh healthy Bjork is unquestionably a better option than Kuhlman or Studnicka.

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad