Boston Bruins 2020 Training Camp - Phase III - Training Camp at Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Oh man, seems like so long since I've seen line-ups!

I'm just hopeful that the COVID layoff works to the B's benefit, with our older core players like Bergy and Krejci and even old man Chara not having to go into the playoffs with nagging injuries (Bergy's perennial groin problem) from a full regular season and having been worn down by the grind. They'll be fresh, rested and rarin' to go (and hopefully no more rusty than any other team's players).

Reactions: Strafer and HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle

I'm just hopeful that the COVID layoff works to the B's benefit, with our older core players like Bergy and Krejci and even old man Chara not having to go into the playoffs with nagging injuries (Bergy's perennial groin problem) from a full regular season and having been worn down by the grind. They'll be fresh, rested and rarin' to go (and hopefully no more rusty than any other team's players).
I mean the Blues get Tarasenko and there are definitely other teams like Tampa I believe that will see similar benefits. But all and all it is good for our best players and should be considered a positive.

Reactions: Strafer

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
If they play or decide to cancel the season, I could care less.
Deep down I think they should cancel.
Whoever wins the SC though there would definitely be an asterisk in my books.

Reactions: Estlin

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
agreed, really liked how lauzon fit seamlessly into that pairing. comfortable on the
right side, plays heavy, gets his shot on net low and hard. i do feel for john moore,
a solid depth defenseman who'd be better off on another team.

I have to believe Moore knew this would happen at this point in his career and that's why he signed such a long contract.

Reactions: HustleB

member 96824

For fun I rewatched the Bruins 7-3 win over Washington this season.

Silly me forgot just how angry that game made me. Rewatching it was no better... the days of Ritchie pretending to find a partner during a post game scrum where Nordstrom even dropped his gloves. Shortly after a predatory hit on McAvoy....

Let's just hope the Bruins we saw vs the cowardly Tampa is the real Bruins team we get in these playoffs rather than the simply pathetic Bruins of the first half.

They’ll just give anyone an internet connection these days huh

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
They’ll just give anyone an internet connection these days huh

You don't recall the night and day Bruins of this season?

The first half they'd gladly watch a teammate get cheapshotted. That team was very hard to cheer for. I'm not the only one who thought it either. In fact, I daresay you have no argument to the contrary.

When Marchand is the player defending teammates... that team needed a wake up call and got it. Hopefully that better version shows up this tournament.

member 96824

You don't recall the night and day Bruins of this season?

The first half they'd gladly watch a teammate get cheapshotted. That team was very hard to cheer for. I'm not the only one who thought it either. In fact, I daresay you have no argument to the contrary.

When Marchand is the player defending teammates... that team needed a wake up call and got it. Hopefully that better version shows up this tournament.

There was no night and day but I do remember the time period you are taking about..it some of the dumbest discourse this board has ever seen.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Anyone seen McAvoy practicing yet? I'm pretty sure he's in town.

Still seems like we're short a ton of guys.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
There was no night and day but I do remember the time period you are taking about..it some of the dumbest discourse this board has ever seen.

If you say so... but you're wrong. It took the local media including Channel 5 ridiculing the team for them to finally give a shit.

That's says it all.

Yes, it was night and day, no debate.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If they play or decide to cancel the season, I could care less.
Deep down I think they should cancel.
Whoever wins the SC though there would definitely be an asterisk in my books.
with you there, a season where the Habs and others have a chance to make the playoffs when they wouldn`t have had a chance otherwise is simply NHL 20 stuff

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I’ve said this before but Butch loves having Lauzon playing his off side because in 3rd pairing minutes it doesn’t hurt you but for the penalty kill or extremely defensive situations it allows him to have
Chara McAvoy
Lauzon Carlo

without losing what Krug and Gryz bring. Might be one of the few times it’s preferred to have that lefty Dman over on the right side.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I’ve said this before but Butch loves having Lauzon playing his off side because in 3rd pairing minutes it doesn’t hurt you but for the penalty kill or extremely defensive situations it allows him to have
Chara McAvoy
Lauzon Carlo

without losing what Krug and Gryz bring. Might be one of the few times it’s preferred to have that lefty Dman over on the right side.
Great point.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
This is different. We have other people to consider other than ourselves. Players do too.

This isn't to be compared to daily normal things (like riding in a car).

A bit OT, sorry to the Mods, not trying to hijack the thread but a question:
LadyFan, I keep going back to December(?) or whenever it was that you were extremely ill with (flu)? You and a few other people I know were saying the same thing about being "sick" etc around that time. Do you think that possibly you had Covid 19 and fought it off? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

I like your positive take. Hoping that this rejuvenates the B's lineup after a long playoffs culminating in a tough disappointing finals in '19. The thing is that other teams like St. Louis will also be refreshed too. Tarasenko (IIRC) is back skating and practicing from what I read somewhere, so there's that. Looking at the talent level though of the B's vs. Blues for instance, I DO think that the time off will have helped the Bruins more in the long run. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
A bit OT, sorry to the Mods, not trying to hijack the thread but a question:
LadyFan, I keep going back to December(?) or whenever it was that you were extremely ill with (flu)? You and a few other people I know were saying the same thing about being "sick" etc around that time. Do you think that possibly you had Covid 19 and fought it off? Thanks in advance for your reply.
It was Thanksgiving for a week or more. I asked my Doctor and she isn't sure as they had no cases at that time.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Chara McAvoy
Lauzon Carlo

Yes, a few fairly good players that I remember doing it were Orr, Park, and Vadnais...

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins will have extra goalies when training camp opens - The Boston Globe

The Bruins will have as many as five goalies, including veterans Tuukka Rask and Jaro Halak, in uniform for the upcoming start of training camp, expected to be July 10 at Warrior Ice Arena

Coach Bruce Cassidy, speaking to the media via Zoom Monday morning, noted that Dan Vladar and Max Lagace, and possibly Kyle Keyser, will be the additional goaltenders available for the workouts.

Ex-Maine goalie Jeremy Swayman, who recently signed his first contract with the Bruins, likely is ineligible to participate, noted Cassidy, because he was not under contract prior to the NHL suspending operations on March 12 because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to Cassidy, the NHL is not setting a limit on the number of goalies a club can invite to camp.

Otherwise, said Cassidy, the Boston goalies will be joined by a total of 28-30 forwards and defensemen for training camp, which is expected to last most of the remainder of July prior to the club shipping off to one of two “hub” city locations that will play host to the playoffs in August, September, and part of October.

The league intends to open camps July 10, but reports over the weekend suggested the start could be delayed 48-72 hours.
As with most issues connected to the league’s ambitious return-to-play plan, all dates must be considered fluid — in part because players ultimately will vote on all the conditions related to the restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad