WJC: 2020 Team Sweden Roster Talk

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
The 2012 defense was IMO the best. Klefbom & Brodin were incredible with the rest playing very solid hockey throughout the tournament.

I remember Patrik Nemeth (imo) being the arguably best d back then. So defensively sound. Was a fun tournament/year.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
we'll see in a couple of years if they're NHL regulars. So I am not wrong yet.
Didn't you say Holtz wouldn't be an SHL regular this season?

Edit: your take was worse than I remembered, tbh:

As I predicted, neither holtz nor raymond will get good chances when SHL starts due to stacked teams. Theslasher didnt believe me but i will get right.

Last edited:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Damn, That 2003 lineup looks rough! I'm pretty sure all countries have years that don't look so good in retrospect. Besides, those guys were probably decent enough junior players at the time, even if their careers didn't pan out as well as hoped.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Yeah, I'd say these years come the closest (based on how good the players were at the time of the tournament).2009 and 2010 were stacked, although some did not pan out very well

2019 Erik Brännström, Adam Boqvist, Rasmus Sandin, Nils Lundkvist, Adam Ginning, Philip Broberg, Filip Westerlund

2010 Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Adam Larsson, Tim Eriksson, Mattias Ekholm, David Rundblad, Lukas Kilström, Peter Andersson

2009 Victor Hedman, Erik Karlsson, David Rundblad, Tim Erixon, Viktor Ekbom, Sebastian Erixon, Nichlas Torp

1994 Mattias Öhlund, Kenny Jönsson, Anders Eriksson, Mattias Timander, Dick Tärnström, Edvin Frylén etc

And a reminder how mediocre our D have been some years

2003 Tobias Enström, Johan Agu, Patrik Bäärnhielm, Mats Hansson, Jonas Leetma, Adam Masuhr, Simon Skoog

Don’t forget 2018: Dahlin, Liljegren etc won a silver medal together

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Didn't you say Holtz wouldn't be an SHL regular this season?

Edit: your take was worse than I remembered, tbh:
Reading comprehension? Holtz has gotten good chances, but Raymond has been a victim of stacked team just as I said.

I am sorry, but your personal issue with me is clouding your judgment.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Reading comprehension? Holtz has gotten good chances, but Raymond has been a victim of stacked team just as I said. So how is my take worse?

I am sorry, but your personal issue with me is clouding your judgment. Stop being a bully and an ego.
What? My point is don't put all your eggs in one basket.

And I don't understand you calling me a bully and an ego when you were the one calling me out...?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
You just cherry picked half of my quote. Raymond has struggled due to stacked Frolunda, am I wrong?

Funny that you only chose to focus on Holtz in that sentence.
Yes, funny how I chose to focus on the part you were wrong about while being hyperbolic. Again, my point was to simply tell you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Edit: thinking about it, did I not worry Raymond would get suboptimal opportunities in Frölunda? tbh I can't temember, could be wrong.

Last edited:

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Yes, funny how I chose to focus on the part you were wrong about while being hyperbolic. Again, my point was to simply tell you don't put all your eggs in one basket.
You just presented one example were I was wrong and right. Oh the horror. How about you, never ever been wrong before mr "I know everything"

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Looks like Raymonds tournament is in serious jeopardy. This sucks considering how good the defense looks.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Reason Åman isn't on the team is an injury, Montén says his injury opened up the center spot between Fagemo, & Höglander for D.Gustafsson(so in other words, Åman would've started out as our 1C...?).

Gustafsson har anlänt – så ska Montén använda NHL-centern

First day practice lines:

Fagemo-(D.Gustafsson)-Höglander
Pasic-Bäck-Berggren
Holtz-Henriksson-Nässén
Öberg-H.Gustafsson-Eriksson

Norlinder-Broberg
Ginning-Lundkvist
Söderström

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
How does this team compare to FIN?

We meet in the first game, which ofc doesn't really matter

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden

Both Sweden and Finland looks like teams with many good defencemen this year, and both (presumed) starting goalies are having good seasons (in the SHL and in Liiga, respectively).

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

Looks like Sweden have a considerably better defence and better wingers, while Finland have better Centers and a better goalie. It will be close but I would maybe give a slight edge to the Swedish team.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Looks like Sweden have a considerably better defence and better wingers, while Finland have better Centers and a better goalie. It will be close but I would maybe give a slight edge to the Swedish team.
As a fin, i have to agree.

Reactions: AB13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad