Prospect Info: 2020 Team Board Mock Draft

Who will the Wings pick

• Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dylan Holloway, C/LW, Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)

• Seth Jarvis, RW, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

• Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

• Jack Quinn, RW, Ottawa 67's (OHL)

• Connor Zary, C, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I honestly lean Askarov a bit, and am tempted to vote it just because. but what scouting contingent did Yzerman seem to defer to last year? And how good have a bunch of those drafted kids looked in the year since? I think Yzerman goes back to that well and drafts Raymond with Hakan's blessing.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I honestly lean Askarov a bit, and am tempted to vote it just because. but what scouting contingent did Yzerman seem to defer to last year? And how good have a bunch of those drafted kids looked in the year since? I think Yzerman goes back to that well and drafts Raymond with Hakan's blessing.

If it were my money on the line, I'd put it down on Raymond. Perfetti as a close second. And Drysdale as a distant, but not completely surprising, third.

Askarov's name being called by Yzerman would honestly shock the hell out of me, despite my excitement for the kid.

Reactions: Realgud and lilidk

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I think the Wings will pick Drysdale.
I think Yzerman wants to build the D first. I'm using his reach on Seider as my reasoning.
Drysdale is far less of a reach at 4 then Seider at 6.

This is also considering our position in both drafts. At 4th this year, the best winger and 2 best C prospects will be gone. So I think he will draft the best D prospect in the draft.

Him being a RHD make zero difference imo. Some will argue that because we have Hronek and Seider as RHD we don't need anymore. I think we just flat out need good hockey players and Drysdale is a good one.

All valid points and I would not be one bit surprised if it plays out like this... nor would I be upset.

Reactions: MoritzSeiderAtSix
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Aren't they all gone now? The NA scouts, at least. Draper is new, obviously. The European group is the same, I think. Could be why they took so many European players, like not a lot of confidence in that NA group.

This year has felt like 10 years, but I think they did that back after the draft in 2019.

Edit: yeah, Detroit Red Wings release top scouts Tyler Wright, Jeff Finley

Last edited:

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
i voted guhle because i want to trade back and get a middle 6 type big bodied rugged prospect along with the early teens pick for guhle . want to build a team made forr playoffs not regular season . down the line ide sign a PROVEN ufa winger like are avaliable at 4 this draft instead of gambling an undersized winger can cut it in the nhl

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Voted Raymond, I think that he's been addressing the concerns about his production pretty well so far. I think he has the best offensive toolkit of the forwards remaining with the potential to be a true superstar. The only drawback being his stats last year. The Wings trust Hakan and I expect he's beating the Raymond drum pretty loudly.

Personally I like Drysdale as I project him as a clear first pairing defenseman. I think he has the offensive ability to produce extremely well, but is sufficiently strong defensively to really tilt the ice at 5-on-5. Would automatically be our best prospect and best player soon.

I'd also be happy with Perfetti or Rossi. Could live with Lundell or Holtz. I'll be scared if we take Askarov, but can understand the appeal. I'll be really disappointed if we take Sanderson- I just don't see the upside. I hope we don't go off the board.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Aren't they all gone now? The NA scouts, at least. Draper is new, obviously. The European group is the same, I think. Could be why they took so many European players, like not a lot of confidence in that NA group.

This year has felt like 10 years, but I think they did that back after the draft in 2019.

Edit: yeah, Detroit Red Wings release top scouts Tyler Wright, Jeff Finley

What I believe he was saying is...

Yzerman leaned heavily on Hakan and the European scouts, thus Raymond may get the edge given proximity to the scout Yzerman has shown, at least through one draft, to trust the most.

Reactions: Winger98

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
would have voted rossi but jumped on raymond train to oppose perfetti train.

starting to seriously consider askarov. lets say Y believes he can be a vasilevsky, could be best player in draft or among top 4 easily.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
would have voted rossi but jumped on raymond train to oppose perfetti train.

starting to seriously consider askarov. lets say Y believes he can be a vasilevsky, could be best player in draft or among top 4 easily.
It’s certainly possible Just for how the next drafts shakeout. Could get Elite G this draft. #1LD next year then a franchise 1C in 2022.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
What I believe he was saying is...

Yzerman leaned heavily on Hakan and the European scouts, thus Raymond may get the edge given proximity to the scout Yzerman has shown, at least through one draft, to trust the most.
Was Seider a Hakan pick? I legitimately have no idea. I don't know who scouts Germany in that group. I suppose the pick eventually went through Hakan, regardless, since he's in charge of all their European scouting.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Was Seider a Hakan pick? I legitimately have no idea. I don't know who scouts Germany in that group. I suppose the pick eventually went through Hakan, regardless, since he's in charge of all their European scouting.

Good question. I do believe Yzerman gave some interviews talking about him seeing Seider play in Germany a few times.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Tough choice, which likely the Red Wings pick will be... But voted Jamie Drysdale. Mostly because no matter who you talk to, basically everyone says he's a top 5 talent in this draft. Not a dire need, RHD, but I just believe in BPA in all drafts, every sport. You can sign/trade for the holes on your team, hard to cultivate talent consistently. Take the safe bet early in players you really like.

Hronek, Seider, Drysdale would all project as top 4 defenders, so, defense would be pretty solid (assuming) going forward.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
is that why he’s top 4 on every other board due to the swedish factor

HFboards?
Are their opinions on other fan boards as bad as they are here?
Here are the guides I bought.
Hockeyprospect: Raymond - 8th
McKeen's: Raymond - 4th
Red Line Report: Raymond 11th
Recrutes: Raymond - 11th

Here's where Perfetti ranks:
HP: Perfetti, 4th
Recrutes: 5th
McKeen's: 8th
RedLine Report: 5th

I only plan to buy one more report... The Draft Analyst guy.
I did get the EP report that came with membership. I think they had Raymond ranked high. But that guide is trash. Can't search it. It's a giant JPG or something.
Swedes are gonna Swede. They're busy patting themselves on the back for Raymond's high ranking after a few points in the preseason....

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
for me if we keep pick its always been between perfetti and drysdale . now after many months of analyzing draft 24/7 lol i see it as perfetti not going to be a center + not a puck transporter + not strong defensively + not fast to keep pace + not big n rugged . mean while in todays nhl the forecheck is FIERCE , if your dmen cant handle the puck in their end i dont care who you have in net theyre trashed . well drysdale can skate in every direction with soft hands and quick mind so will be excellent getting puck out of own end . then excellent carrying puck up and in the o zone . plus without puck all 200' with those skates and hands he will steal pucks and shadow puck carriers . im pretty much all in with drysdale at 4 . ya that makes 3 righties but just put each on different pairings and trot out all 3 pairing same minutes for a super deep defense , keeps them all fresh and becomes a new edge in nhl

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Perfetti wouldn’t be in convo for 4 here if he didn’t play in saginaw. The proximity is what’s getting people. Like everywhere else on the site and Reports he’s gonna 7-9 range

Not true for me. Don't live in Detroit and don't care where players are from even if I did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad