Prospect Info: 2020 Team Board Mock Draft #5 Overall Pick

Who will the Sens pick at #5

• Rodion Amirov, LW, Toros Neftekamsk (MHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mavrik Bourque, C, Shawinigan Cataractes (QMJHL)

• Dylan Holloway, C/LW, Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)

• Anton Lundell, C, HIFK (Liiga)

• Dawson Mercer, RW, Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)

• Connor Zary, C, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
A series of polls for the forthcoming draft. Picks will be decided by vote.

Results Thread

PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU ARE A FAN OF THE TEAM PICKING!

1 day poll

Awarding the Rangers the obvious first pick and they have another 1st so they'll be able to participate.

:rangers#1 Alexis Lafrenière, LW, Rimouski Océanic (QMJHL) Deafault

:kings#2 Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

:sens#3 Tim Stützle, C, Adler Mannheim (DEL)

:wings#4 Cole Perfetti, C, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

:sens#5 ?????

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
You still have Perfetti as an option.

Literally just cast my vote on the Detroit board, haha! (Observing, I’m not a monster)

I have Rossi and Sanderson higher but I think you have to swing for the fences with this pick.

Raymond all the way.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
Time to load up on high-end forward talent - Raymond all the way. I feel like the Sens have enough back-end talent coming that they can ice 1 very good and 2 serviceable pairings the year after next. Time to secure some talent that can help this team maintain possession and bury the biscuit!

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Two teams in the bottom 5 of the top 10 of this draft are going to get really lucky I think.

If it does play out like this and Ottawa does take Raymond at 5, that would mean the team drafting 7th is going to wind up with either Drysdale or Rossi. Could end up being the steal of the 1st round if they hit their potential.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Raymond is getting the votes because this team is lacking in the right side. In terms of skill and ability Rossi is the better forward prospect. I'd much rather trade for Boeser (if he's available) and draft Rossi.
Adding Byfield/Stutzle + Rossi + Boeser would give us a very nice top-6 in addition to Chucky, Batherson and one of Norris/Brownx2/White/Duclair...

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Went with Sanderson. I definitely get the Raymond love but he just doesnt seem like a Sens pick to me. I think it'll be Rossi, Sanderson, or Draisaitl [Drysdale] but Sanderson is just the epitome of a Sens pick. Big, smooth skating, intelligent, big riser throughout the year.... not entirely unlike Chabot in his draft year, although there are some obvious differences between the two.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Went with Sanderson. I definitely get the Raymond love but he just doesnt seem like a Sens pick to me. I think it'll be Rossi, Sanderson, or Draisaitl but Sanderson is just the epitome of a Sens pick. Big, smooth skating, intelligent, big riser throughout the year.... not entirely unlike Chabot in his draft year, although there are some obvious differences between the two.

We are about 6 years too late to be drafting Draisaitl... Did you mean Drysdale?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Raymond is getting the votes because this team is lacking in the right side. In terms of skill and ability Rossi is the better forward prospect. I'd much rather trade for Boeser (if he's available) and draft Rossi.
Adding Byfield/Stutzle + Rossi + Boeser would give us a very nice top-6 in addition to Chucky, Batherson and one of Norris/Brownx2/White/Duclair...
Rossi is a great player but there is no way he has higher skill than Raymond.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I'd be happy with Sanderson Raymond or Rossi

Thought the voting would be closer between the three

Went with Raymond because hes a RW and I was pretty wowed by him after watching few games against his age group... also think Stutzle + Raymond on our power play would be deadly

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
This is another home run pick, can't go wrong with Rossi, Raymond, Drysdale, or Perfetti. Byfield is a natural centre, Stutzle is a tweener, so prefer Rossi who's in the same tier as Raymond to fill the gap in centres (especially if Stutzle is the 3rd pick). This team hasn't had a true number 1 centre since Spezza.

We already have Chabot and a number of top-4 potential prospects coming up the ranks in Brannstrom (I saw great promise despite size), JBD, and Lassi Thomson. I will focus on forward with this pick.

We can pick a defenceman with any of the other top-62 picks. 2021 draft class is better for picking defencemen anyway.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I prefer Rossi but would be just as happy with Raymond. One of those two plus one of Byfield and Stutzle and I’m a happy camper.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I was about to make a poll about the #5 and found this one.

Interesting.

Recency bias for Raymond?

I find it funny that there's a lot of talk about Sanderson and yet he has two votes here.

Oooof, I don't envy the scouting staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad