GDT: 2020 Qualifiers - Game 4 - Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild - Aug 7 - 7:45PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
WHEN: August 7, 7:45 PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Lead Best of Five Series - 2-1

upload_2020-8-6_17-4-27.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks’ Starting Lineup (unconfirmed)

Boeser - Pettersson- Miller
Eriksson - Horvat - Pearson
Roussel - Sutter - Virtanen
Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Tanev
Myers - Fantenberg

Markstrom

Canucks’ Top Performers vs. Minnesota:

Quinn Hughes - 3GP, 0G, 4A, 4Pts
Brock Boeser - 3GP, 2G, 1A, 3Pts
Elias Pettersson - 3GP, 1G, 2A, 3Pts

Minnesota Wild Starting Lineup:
Greenway - Staal - Fiala
Parise - Eriksson Ek - Kunin
Foligno - Galchenyuk - Zuccarello
Donato - Koivu - Hartman

Suter - Spurgeon
Brodin - Dumba
Soucy - Hunt

Stalock

Wild’s Top Performers vs Vancouver:
Kevin Fiala - 3GP, 3G, 0A, 3Pts
Eric Staal - 3GP, 0G, 4A, 4Pts
Jared Spurgeon - 3GP, 2G, 1A, 3Pts

Game 1 Highlights:

Game 2 Highlights:

Game 3 Highlights:

Notes in Advance of Game 4:
Canucks F Micheal Ferland is out for the series.

Moderator’s Note:
Hopefully this is the start of a long, fun run for the fans here to enjoy together. I just want to remind everyone of some rules of decorum before we get underway - treat each other with respect, and please report any posts that you feel violate the Site Rules rather than replying to them. Also, not that it should need repeating at this point - using this thread or this board to cheer against the Canucks is trolling and will be treated accordingly.

Relax, have fun, and Go Canucks Go!​

Last edited:

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Van Halen has been my favourite band since I was a teenager.
I'm guessing you're considering the Cherone period/Eddie's lost years (fighting inner demons/substance abuse issues) kind of like the Keenan years.:laugh:

It's kind of interesting where the band would've gone had Patty Smyth took the lead singer job offered to her after Roth left the band for the first time (eg., no Van Hager..).

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm guessing you're considering the Cherone period/Eddie's lost years (fighting inner demons/substance abuse issues) kind of like the Keenan years.:laugh:

It's kind of interesting where the band would've gone had Patty Smyth took the lead singer job offered to her after Roth left the band for the first time (eg., no Van Hager..).

I’m a fan of both the Roth and Hagar versions of Van Halen. I like a lot of both of their solo works as well. I own Van Halen 3 (purely so I own all of their albums) and yeah, it wasn’t so hot. Very bizarre departure from the norm.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Favourite Van Allen song is Jump. If you look at the music video, it’s clear that he was on something when singing that song, no person would be dancing like that (like a god) if he wasn’t on something haha.

Lets close this series boys. Keep out of the box and just play our skilled game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The Canucks had better come out of the gates like they are runnin’ with the devil. Get the puck to Hughes on the PP so he can dance the night away with it - because everybody wants some of Hughes dangling the puck. If our PP can get unchained, it’ll be happy trails for the rest of the game. Hope we have some jump for this one - I mean going full on 5150 (whacked out, crazy). If the Canucks can finish what ya started, we’ll all be happy campers. Let’s make this judgement day for the Wild so we don’t have to deal with any aftershock after tomorrow and have to feel like we can’t get this stuff no more. Just once, guys - one more win in the next two games. It’s about time we had a series win to celebrate. If we can get through this bit of blood and fire, it means more hockey for all of us and that’s a damn good thing.

(did I miss any albums? :sarcasm: )

Last edited:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The Wild board seems very confident they’ll lose lol

almost none of their offence comes from net front to high slot. It’s all point to low slot. Take that away and give them down low plays. Don’t think they can do much then.
Guys like Dumba , Sppurgeon, Fiala just 1T steady from the point.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The Canucks had better come out of the gates like they are runnin’ with the devil. Get the puck to Hughes on the PP so he can dance the night away with it - because everybody wants some of Hughes dangling the puck. If our PP can get unchained, it’ll be happy trails for the rest of the game. Hope we have some jump for this one - I mean going full on 5150 (whacked out, crazy). If the Canucks can finish what ya started, we’ll all be happy campers. Let’s make this judgement day for the Wild so we don’t have to deal with any aftershock after tomorrow and have to feel like we can’t get this stuff no more. Just once, guys - one more win in the next two games. It’s about time we had a series win to celebrate. If we can get through this bit of blood and fire, it means more hockey for all of us and that’s a damn good thing.

(did I miss any albums? :sarcasm: )

Our PP sucks this series.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
The Wild will be playing for the lives tomorrow. I think they’ll be pushing a lot harder at even strength to generate chances - the Canucks need to be ready to withstand and defend against that push.

It really is incredible how much the game opens up if the Canucks score first. The Wild are excellent at shutting things down when it’s tied or when they are ahead. That first goal is so crucial to any success against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad