Confirmed Signing with Link: 2020 Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Rangers need help at LD. Rangers have success with these types of DFA

i agree, but might his agent look at Miller, Roberston, Reunanen, Hajek, Jones, Rykov and steer him elsewhere?
Shea would probably slot ahead of Miller as a callup for upcoming season.
As a Mass product, playing in Hartford, near family and college fans might suit him.

NYR RHD pipeline actually thinner, especially near term, with just RFA Raddysh in AHL, Lundkvist in Sweden , Skinner in OHL. So maybe NYR also consider Luke Martin

with Ebert, Day gone; Rykov loaned to Europe, maybe Reuannen too; and Gross' rights forfeited;
NYR's NHL-signed D depth at Hartford has quickly gone from deep to thin(Miller, possibly Reunanen RFAs Raddysh, Crawley).
Chase them both!

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Jim Rutherford isn't trading Penguins' No. 1 draft choice ... yet

The Penguins are aggressively pursuing a college free agent, although Rutherford did not identify him. "We thought he was going back to school for another year," he said. "With the uncertainty of college hockey now, he's decided not to. This is a player we've followed for the last couple of years, and we like him." He added that the Penguins were interested in one of the 21 prospects from around the league who qualified for unrestricted free agency over the weekend but, "It sounds like we are probably not in the hunt for him. He has his mind set on another team."

Based on this description and team needs, I think this is probably Maniscalco. He only played 2 years at Arizona State and the Penguins only have 1 D prospect that's a RD (Will Rielly), so he makes sense from a position standpoint.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

AHL contract but he was on that list of unsigned NCAA players from a page back. Interestingly, Pittsburgh, who drafted him, also offered him an AHL deal but he turned it down to take this one instead.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I read about the Shea signing on The Athletic.....Dallas hasn't had too much success with college FA's so I'm interested to see how this one plays out.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

I can't wait for him to play on the Pens and then see his defensive partner "Jack Johnson..."

giphy.gif

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
sharing this here, I had posted elsewhere,
the recent release, from NCAA, regarding allowing enrolled student hockey athletes to play 'Junior' hockey has led to some seemingly exaggerated assumptions and expectations

there is no evidence that the NCAA announcement includes CHL (OHL, WHL, QMJHL)
player compensation for CHL players is not transparent, and an ongoing obstacle for CHL players joining NCAA teams

the release states that players can play in Junior leagues without un-enrolling from schools
- that seems to imply those leagues which, all along, players have been free to join, IF they un-enroll, withOUT losing their NCAA Eligibility

see examples below, player left his original school, played US Junior, then joined a different NCAA school

Trevor Mingoia Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
J.D. Greenway Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

EDIT _ MORE
here is article - NOTE the highlighted word AMATEUR in the included excerpt
concerns about compensation i believe lead NCAA to consider CHL 'semi pro'

https://www.uscho.com/2020/08/29/nc...y-enrolled-in-college-and-play-junior-hockey/
NCAA announces rule changes due to COVID-19, including allowing players to stay enrolled in college and play junior hockey

[this section pasted below, touches on Junior Hockey]
Outside Competition
Current student-athletes whose institutions will not be playing hockey during the fall semester will be permitted to participate in non-collegiate, amateur competition i.e. junior hockey on an outside team during the fall 2020 term (subject to school and conference approval). These student-athletes may compete on an outside team while remaining enrolled in their NCAA institution, which typically would not be allowed."
An institution or conference may not provide expenses for such competition and the student-athlete must be in good academic standing. A student-athlete who remains enrolled at the institution may not miss class to participate in outside competition. All competition should adhere to federal, state, local and other applicable guidelines related to COVID-19."

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

McPhee was an Oilers draft pick but went unsigned last month. He is also the son of Golden Knights President George McPhee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad