2020 Offseason Thread Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Did anyone watch any of the playoffs?
Young guys struggle, especially young players who aren't physically mature.

Look at TB - Dallas, they're hitting at twice the regular season pace.
Windows are smaller, play is far more physical, refs swallow their whistles.

There's a reason TB rebuilt their roster for these kinds of games.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That has nothing to do with how they view Frost. They didnt use him because they didnt think he was up to speed due to a 4 month layoff thanks to a pandemic.

AVs biggest mistake was not dressing him for a game in the Round Robin. Then that mistake snowballed.

It was a poor decision, but does not mean they dont value Frosts potential.

But that rings hollow considering Lindblom didn't play for 9 months all while not being able to train in order to beat cancer.

The layoff is an excuse. They didn't trust him, which was a mistake given the other options.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But that rings hollow considering Lindblom didn't play for 9 months all while not being able to train in order to beat cancer.

The layoff is an excuse. They didn't trust him, which was a mistake given the other options.

Not necessarily, they may have judged him the worst of all the bad options.
Watching Dallas - TB, what would be the over/under for Frost to be on IR?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not necessarily, they may have judged him the worst of all the bad options.
Watching Dallas - TB, what would be the over/under for Frost to be on IR?
You really need to let go of this idea that 6'0 190 lbs is a teeny tiny player not capable of playing in the NHL.

Weight doesn't matter if you are garbage. Thompson was garbage.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You really need to let go of this idea that 6'0 190 lbs is a teeny tiny player not capable of playing in the NHL.

Weight doesn't matter if you are garbage. Thompson was garbage.

Frost isn't 185 lbs, maybe 180 soaking wet, and he plays lighter than that.
Point is a lot tougher and he gets bounced around. But he has great hands/stick in traffic (so does Farabee).
Gourde is a small guy but has filled out and can take a beating. He didn't start until he was 26, 49 hits in 24 PO games.
Frost spend his time avoiding hitting people and being hit, in the playoffs, that ain't gonna fly.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Farabee gets clocked almost once a game and missed time in the playoffs because of it. I can't recall ever seeing Frost take a hard hit for the Flyers.

Frost would have been fine as an option, given what we saw in the alternatives. Maybe he would have been overwhelmed, but Nate Thompson got demolished in the playoffs; can't really be much worse.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Farabee gets clocked almost once a game and missed time in the playoffs because of it. I can't recall ever seeing Frost take a hard hit for the Flyers.

Frost would have been fine as an option, given what we saw in the alternatives. Maybe he would have been overwhelmed, but Nate Thompson got demolished in the playoffs; can't really be much worse.
Totally agree with you. I do believe that Frost would have had problems but it’s not as if Grant and Thompson did much good either.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Frost isn't 185 lbs, maybe 180 soaking wet, and he plays lighter than that.
Point is a lot tougher and he gets bounced around. But he has great hands/stick in traffic (so does Farabee).
Gourde is a small guy but has filled out and can take a beating. He didn't start until he was 26, 49 hits in 24 PO games.
Frost spend his time avoiding hitting people and being hit, in the playoffs, that ain't gonna fly.
"The experience should help Frost's transition to the pro level. Once again, he'll head into training camp with added weight; he's around 187 pounds and his goal is 190. "
-July 15 2019

And once again, you go on a tangent.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Kucherov joined Gretzky and Lemiuex as the only players with more than like 25 assists in the playoffs or something. Someone posted that earlier

Hedman (10 goals) approaching Coffey's playoff goal record of 12.

Brayden Point with 32 points in 22 playoff games

"Rebuilt their roster" lol

Reactions: Adtar02 and Tripod

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

SelfassuredSorrowfulArmyant-size_restricted.gif

“In the biceps of the angel....”

tumblr_pznbgh8MeT1qizf4bo1_400.gifv

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Wasn't this just recently used as proof that Farabee is NHL ready and Frost isn't? The fact that Frost doesn't get hit enough? :laugh:

99% sure that was mentioned by the one of the contrarians.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"The experience should help Frost's transition to the pro level. Once again, he'll head into training camp with added weight; he's around 187 pounds and his goal is 190. "
-July 15 2019

And once again, you go on a tangent.

Always take those articles with a grain or bag of salt, did you watch him play? 187 lbs my ass.
Farabee got knocked around on a regular basis and he's a lot tougher than Frost.
It takes time for undersized guys to develop strength and accept that they can't just skate around in the NHL.

The NHL has reverted back to a decade ago with this difference, instead of 220 lb slugs who can't skate, the league is full of 200 lb guys who fly (we have NAK, for example) and they do just as much damage to 175 lb guys along the boards.

Frost doesn't have to hit muscle beach, he just has to get strong enough to handle contact, and just as important, confident enough in his strength to venture into dirty areas, he's not going to make his living there, but he can't play as if he's allergic to contact.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Always take those articles with a grain or bag of salt, did you watch him play? 187 lbs my ass.
Farabee got knocked around on a regular basis and he's a lot tougher than Frost.
It takes time for undersized guys to develop strength and accept that they can't just skate around in the NHL.

The NHL has reverted back to a decade ago with this difference, instead of 220 lb slugs who can't skate, the league is full of 200 lb guys who fly (we have NAK, for example) and they do just as much damage to 175 lb guys along the boards.

Frost doesn't have to hit muscle beach, he just has to get strong enough to handle contact, and just as important, confident enough in his strength to venture into dirty areas, he's not going to make his living there, but he can't play as if he's allergic to contact.
Did you weigh him so you can refute it. You just state things as fact that you make up. And then when confronted you say no that wrong I am right and go in another direction.

Look it’s not hard you were wrong. It would actually make it more palpable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad