GDT: 2020 NL Wild Card Series: (3) Chicago Cubs vs (6) Miami Marlins (MIA wins 2-0)

CHC vs MIA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Yah that's right, we in the playoffs!!!

giphy.gif

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
If they do a little bit of everything really well they wouldn't be basically a .500 team with a -41 run differential.
There are a few .500 teams in this year's post season. The -41 differential is a bit misleading because most of that was a result of Mattingly using scrubs in the middle innings of games that started to get out of control in order to save the bullpen from overuse because of the backloaded September schedule.

Obviously the Cubs should be favored & I would neither be surprised or upset if the Cubs win, but this team has those intangibles that could work in its favor & has no pressure on it whatsoever.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
There are a few .500 teams in this year's post season. The -41 differential is a bit misleading because most of that was a result of Mattingly using scrubs in the middle innings of games that started to get out of control in order to save the bullpen from overuse because of the backloaded September schedule.

Obviously the Cubs should be favored & I would neither be surprised or upset if the Cubs win, but this team has those intangibles that could work in its favor & has no pressure on it whatsoever.

Right but if they do a little bit of everything really well they wouldn't be a .500 team.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
To be fair the Marlins suffered a few horrendous blowouts. Their two worst games alone account for 35 of -41 runs.
Thank you, that was the point I was trying to make & they had about 4 or 5 of those simply because Mattingly basically surrendered & allowed a scrub to hang out to dry in order to save as much of the rest of the bullpen as possible.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I do have an old school black with white pinstripe Marlins hat. With the old logo with the F and the Marlin through it. As soon as the Reds game is over, I'll put that hat on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad