Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Entry Draft (Round #1 - 10/6/20 @ 7pm ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted 17th overall by the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in the 2017 USHL Futures Draft, defenceman Mitch Miller was moved to the Tri-City Storm in a 2019 off-season trade. He went on to have a breakout season with the Storm. Miller scored eight goals and 25 assists for 33 points in 44 games. He was also named to the USHL First All-Star Team. Miller also played for Team USA at the World Junior “A” Hockey Challenge. He scored two goals and six points in six games, helping the team to a silver medal.

In 2018-19, Miller had four goals and 12 assists for 16 points in 48 games. He appeared in six playoff games but did not record a point. Miller also appeared for Team USA at the WJAC, winning a gold medal. He also played in the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, putting up five points in five games as the Americans finished in fourth place. Miller played for Team Red at the USA Select Under-17 tournament. He picked up one goal and three points in five games. Miller is committed to playing hockey for the University of North Dakota next season. His CHL rights are owned by the Sarnia Sting, should he change his mind.

Mitch Miller Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #88 - Last Word on Hockey

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
This kid grew up about 10 miles from where I currently live. Pretty sure he was in the local news around here for something negative. Can not place my finger on it. Trying to dig it up.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Sing along with Mitch Miller

mitch-miller.png

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
This kid grew up about 10 miles from where I currently live. Pretty sure he was in the local news around here for something negative. Can not place my finger on it. Trying to dig it up.

You probably mix him up with someone else with the same name, but born December 22, 1966. Was testing out google here.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Did something stupid when he was 14. Eliminate all players that did something stupid in their lifetime and you get 0 players.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Great. Well, we all know "character" doesn't show up on a stat sheet, so maybe they are just going straight off the old list by the Chayka-Hofford group

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Great. Well, we all know "character" doesn't show up on a stat sheet, so maybe they are just going straight off the old list by the Chayka-Hofford group

Let's assume they knew it, and decided they didn't want to ruin his life over it. And that he the other teams would drop him to deep for it. If several other teams still had in him in the 7th round, they would still draft him. And then it's suddenly a race to take him before the other teams again. So ok.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Let's assume they knew it, and decided they didn't want to ruin his life over it. And that he the other teams would drop him to deep for it. If several other teams still had in him in the 7th round, they would still draft him. And then it's suddenly a race to take him before the other teams again. So ok.
I mean, maybe there's something there on ice that isn't immediately apparent. He's a small defenseman without top end offense. That usually doesn't translate well unless you have great IQ.
All I know is he can skate, is committed to UND, and he has major character flags. Can people become better people, certainly. Everybody is a bit of an ass at 14. Not everyone is picking on kids with learning disabilities and giving them suckers they swipe the urinal with. Is that the guy you take a chance on at #111? Not for me. I don't see enough in the toolbox to be worth putting my logo on his chest and rolling the dice.
If Armstrong ended day two by saying, "Yeah, that pick was off our old list, and I'm not having it", I'd be just as happy having wasted the pick, to be honest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille