GDT: 2020 NHL Entry Draft - Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
. Why don’t you like it? Just curious
You weren't asking me but I feel like he has a lot of warts in his game that probably won't go away. I didn't really have a guy I was cised for though with our second pick so I'm not crying over it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
. Why don’t you like it? Just curious
I’m not going to get into a back and forth on this today. Strictly down to Schneider though. Think a lot is going to have to break right because I don’t see the offensive upside, so you are looking at a guy who is one dimensional. Thought there were some better options at center. I would have liked Marat K or Lapierre (the latter seemed more realistic) but obviously some risk there too. I don’t think this is a good Dman draft and the value is at forward.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I’m more than happy with day 1.

Was Schneider my first choice at 19? No.

Am I mad that they took him? No.

Do I understand why they took him? Yes.

Are there parallels to be drawn with the McIlrath situation? Yes.

Do I think he will be better than McIlrath? You bet your ass I do.

Did I want Lapierre or Zary over Schneider? Yes.

The idea of mutual exclusivity that any questioning or preference to anything that they didn’t do indicates anger or frustration is a bit ridiculous and childish.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Murray is meh but not surprised Ottawa did this. They were gonna figure out goalie thing before looking at Strome.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I’m not going to get into a back and forth on this today. Strictly down to Schneider though. Think a lot is going to have to break right because I don’t see the offensive upside, so you are looking at a guy who is one dimensional. Thought there were some better options at center. I would have liked Marat K or Lapierre (the latter seemed more realistic) but obviously some risk there too. I don’t think this is a good Dman draft and the value is at forward

It was a good pick. Rangers has a great first round

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
All I will say is that Murray is not good. And Ottawa deserves that they get.

Still holding out hope for SJ, Calgary or Chicago to be interested in Georgiev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad