Not open for further replies.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Bring it on!!!

nhldraftmontreal2020-e1572531375394.jpg

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
After going so long without any Red Wings hockey this feels like Christmas. As such, I am fully prepared to be disappointed after spending months overhyping my presents.

Merry Draftmas, you filthy animals!

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Anybody but Rossi out of the realistic choices please.

I think it is between Raymond, Perfetti, Askarov and Sanderson from what I have heard. Lots more out there to pressure Ottawa it feels like. Which is good we should be doing that.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Raymond or Perfetti are my top picks. I have a slight preference for the former because he shows a better motor (and skating) which makes him a bit safer. Both though have a ton of skill and will make others around them better. I would have no complaints about Drysdale, but I do not think he is an Yzerman-type defensemen. I could learn to like an Askarov pick if chips fall that way. I am pretty meh about Rossi but he is far from a cement hands fourth liner. The only guy I really want to stay away from his Sanderson. We took a defensemen cut from the same cloth last year and 2021 should have a lot of good defensive options.

I am far more interested to see who starts to slip in the mid to late first and whether anyone I like falls to within trade-up range. I understand it is a dumb move statistically at that point, but there is a group of players that I really like that could be around in the mid to late 20s (Brisson, Reichel, Perreault, Bourque, Zary, Holloway, Khusnutdinov) and the back part of the first is never very formful.

Reactions: jkutswings

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Will be happy with: Raymond, Perfetti or Drysdale

Okay with: Askarov or Sanderson

Unhappy with: Rossi, Holtz or Lundell

SergeiYzerman

Oct 9, 2018
It's not a matter of who they take, but if they let Perfetti wear 91.

*Ducks*

:sarcasm:
Yeah I've thought about that too. We can always retire it twice like the Yankees did for #8.

He's also worn 9 and 21 in the past, but 9 is obviously out and 21 is Cholowski's number, but since Perfetti isn't jumping to the NHL right away, there's always the possibility that Cholo isn't here when he is, if he doesn't show signs of progress this year.

But since 18 is available, naturally we could just save ourselves the headache and take Lucas Raymond instead ;)

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
I almost want to see us pick Askarov just to see this place burn :laugh:

I, for one, would welcome our goaltending overlord.
Honestly, askarov goes against my team building strategy but I’d be pretty jacked if we got him. It seems to me he is hyped as the best player in the draft All things being equal and that is nothing to scoff at.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Honestly, askarov goes against my team building strategy but I’d be pretty jacked if we got him. It seems to me he is hyped as the best player in the draft All things being equal and that is nothing to scoff at.
His potential is tantalizing. If you're a true BPA guy Askarov doesn't escape the top 10. There are not 10 better skaters than Askarov in this draft, period.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
It's finally here! I've gotten pretty burnt out discussing this draft class lol, feels like it's been forever.

I've pretty much made peace with whoever we take among the handful of guys in our predicted range. Askarov would spook me a bit, but I'm 100% behind whoever we draft tonight. Let's go Wings!

Reactions: mantha39

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
I think if Stutzle doesn't drop we go Askarov, still think we will see either Drysdale or Raymond get picked before we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad