GDT: 2020 NHL DRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
The days finally here. Choose your fighter!

upload_2020-10-6_0-25-10.jpeg

upload_2020-10-6_0-26-19.jpeg

upload_2020-10-6_0-28-21.jpeg

upload_2020-10-6_0-30-56.jpeg

upload_2020-10-6_0-32-18.jpeg

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Although we lost out on a top 3 pick, I genuinely feel the best of the rest leaves us with quite a few good options this year, and of these options im hopeful Stevie sees a gem in someone particular. With my limited viewings, research, and personal preference:

1. Rossi - I think he will defy the odds and be a good NHL C. If I didnt think he would be a C, he would be closer to a Drysdale/Perfetti level to me.
2. Raymond - A VERY close 2nd, and putting a winger 2nd on this list is a big compliment.
3. Sanderson - Having a Sanderson-Seider first pairing would be a dream come true.
4. Drysdale - Only slightly edged out by Sanderson.
5. Perfetti - I just dont see him having the two way game changing ability in the NHL that I see Raymond having. Not that I would be upset with Perfetti, more meh.

Unsure - Askarov. I would try to withhold judgment on this one and see how it pans out. I would usually hate the idea of a high pick goalie, but he could be special leaving me feeling torn. I wouldnt be surprised if he was picked as soon as our pick.

Just a fans opinion. Cant wait to see how the draft pans out later tonight :popcorn:

Who I think we will realistically pick? Rossi, Perfetti, or Raymond. If I had to pick one, im having too hard of a time figuring it out.

Last edited:

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I will be fine with any forward we might pick. Raymond and Perfetti are neck and neck in my humble opinion and I won't mind Rossi either. A defenseman or goaler might disappoint me, but if Stevie and his crew think that is the right pick I won't go all "Rasmussen" over it.

I'm just glad this shit is finally happening.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Top ten random guess

1. Alexis Lafreniere
2. Quinton Byfield
3. Tim Stutzle
4. Lucas Raymond
5. Jamie Drysdale
6. Cole Perfetti
7. Jake Sanderson
8. Marco Rossi
9. Yaroslav Askarov
10. Alexander Holtz

Reactions: KJoe88

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Why does Byfield have to be such a good kid? Zero signs of him saying he doesn't want to play for Ottawa. :-(

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I have feeling it will be someone no one expected. Seems to be Red Wing like. Hadn't heard of Rasmussen in 17 and very little about Seider last year.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I have feeling it will be someone no one expected. Seems to be Red Wing like. Hadn't heard of Rasmussen in 17 and very little about Seider last year.

Thats because Wright was hellbent on drafting on size and “character” more than anything. Even though speed and skill are what wins games now.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

the earlier the pick the less likely that is though

it's worth noting that by all accounts if the Wings had picked 4th last year they would have taken one of Byram/Turcotte and nobody would have been the least bit surprised

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
skatings extremely important . drysdales an elite scott neidermyer level skater with very high hockey iq and soft hands , the new neidermyer . and his shot will get better when he reaches full grown adult strength . been highly rated for several years , then had a good showing as a youngster at the worlds . hes the safe pick with very high upside . if yzerman dont like the fit i bet he trades the pick as the rest of the choices at 4 have flaws . drysdale imo is 4th on most teams boards . my hope is trading for a cap dump that brings back a mid first round pick to take guhle with and between these first two picks the defense is rebuilt :
SEIDER - DRYSDALE
HRONEK - GUHLE

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I’m okay with whoever but Askarov would be the most ”ehhhh...” for me.

Raymond would be cool, him and Berggren could form a nice swedish connection for us down the line.

Prefer Sanderson over Drysdale.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
There are about five or six players, the top ones in polling here, who I would either be happy with straight away or consider good, interesting choices and I fully expect they'll pick someone on the radar this time.

Can't wait to finally do this! The next step is getting a 2020-21 schedule.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I’m okay with whoever but Askarov would be the most ”ehhhh...” for me.
I felt that way for a long time but now feel like among the names we're looking at he has both high upside and relatively low risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad