Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 2

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Puckprose.com did a mock draft that came up in my Google feeds and they think the Flyers will end up with Rodion Amirov. They think MAVRIK is going to Chicago at 17 and Gunler goes to New York at 22.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Brandon's Greig urging his dad, a Flyers scout, not to draft him

For anyone who can't see it for geo reasons, Greig said he hasn't talked to Philadelphia at all, but he has said to his Dad not to draft him and his Dad said he didn't intend to. He basically agreed with the question from the interviewer that he didn't want to deal with the questions of being drafted by his Dad's team.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think it's a bit early to start the 2023 Draft Thread but there is a 15 year old shredding the MHL.

He was the top scorer at the Youth Olympics Games a few months ago too.

Matvei Michkov at eliteprospects.com

Brandon's Greig urging his dad, a Flyers scout, not to draft him

For anyone who can't see it for geo reasons, Greig said he hasn't talked to Philadelphia at all, but he has said to his Dad not to draft him and his Dad said he didn't intend to. He basically agreed with the question from the interviewer that he didn't want to deal with the questions of being drafted by his Dad's team.
Probably for the best.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I’m good with them not drafting Greig. He’s a very loud & flashy player. I do have questions about how much substance he actually brings to the table though. Came across to me in my viewings as an all style little substance player type.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I’m good with them not drafting Greig. He’s a very loud & flashy player. I do have questions about how much substance he actually brings to the table though. Came across to me in my viewings as an all style little substance player type.

Ted or anyone else any Thoughts on Connor zary I have seen a few mock drafts where he is the flyers pick. I see the words "safe pick" alot but his numbers seem better than that?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Ted or anyone else any Thoughts on Connor zary I have seen a few mock drafts where he is the flyers pick. I see the words "safe pick" alot but his numbers seem better than that?
Not a big fan. He has a good shot and release but his playmaking skills aren't great for a center. A lot of his production was on the powerplay. Skating isn't good either. Pretty responsible defensively but I think he is a winger.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not a big fan. He has a good shot and release but his playmaking skills aren't great for a center. A lot of his production was on the powerplay. Skating isn't good either. Pretty responsible defensively but I think he is a winger.

Decent amount worse version of Brayden Schenn is pretty much what I have as his ceiling. :laugh:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeah like a discounted version. He's an '01 too and it kinds of annoys me when they have deficiencies like that.

I have seen some people say he is a good playmaker...

but I think they are fooled by his (legit) good hands and propensity to try east-west passes.

Yeh, some tap ins at junior level when it comes off.

But jeeeeeez he misses so many passes given his skill level. Like he might see a pass, and then fire feet wide. Makes me wonder (jokingly ofc) if he should have played righty instead of lefty growing up haha. (especially given his shot vs passing.)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Haven’t paid enough attention to Zary to offer up a valid critique of his game
Wrong. You're supposed to make something up and exaggerate. It's the Pierre McGuire way. You have all his games from the peewee and squirt ages on DVD. You will also do a published ranking based off drills from July development camp.

Hey 87 - you've just been Stizzed.

ce7e00cc408a0cd50e92762a66cc60e2.gif

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Joni Jurmo seems intriguing. 6'4 d-man that can fly. Future Considerations has him at #54. Definitely seems very raw.

Anyone familiar?

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Joni Jurmo seems intriguing. 6'4 d-man that can fly. Future Considerations has him at #54. Definitely seems very raw.

Anyone familiar?

Might be the fastest straight line skater in the draft. Loves to carry and rush the puck (I’m guessing the video showcases that). I’m not sure how that translates to the NHL but he has a lot of potential. He’s an ideal 2nd round candidate. If he had more of a playmaking instinct he’d be a first rounder.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
The more research I do, it seems like we can't really go wrong with some of the forwards that might be available.

What do we think of Khusnutdinov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad