Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft Thread Vol. 2

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I’m in a live mock draft with Alex right now and the guy picking for the Flyers chose Greig in the 1st and Kleven in the 2nd lol. My life will leave my body if those picks happen in real life.
tenor.gif

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Draft expert here. I am actually very curious to see who reaches on the defensemen in the top 25-30 range. I knew it was not an impressive crop, but that’s just been corroborated. Obviously, Drysdale and Sanderson go high, and deservedly, but even they might go too high. It will be apparent which teams’ process leans more “fit” and “safe” picks. Hopefully not the Flyers.
I have not one Jamie Drysdale autographs, not two Jamie Drysdale autographs, but two personalized Jamie Drysdale autographs. The boy is a king and a certified superstar.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Flahr has shown that he is not opposed to the sexy pick once in a while and it has paid off for him. Btw that is the first time Flahr and sexy has ever or ever will be used in a sentence. While cam york may seem like safer pick compared to Caulfield, it could be that the flyers also liked brink and thought brink and caulfield would be redundant and from a pick position to value ratio it made sense to go for brink in the 2nd round and clearly that is the guy they targeted. I would not be surprised if they made a sexier pick in the first round than usual if the opportunity presents itself. If not i actually think we trade back.
I expect a trade back. I just don't think this draft is deep, so they are going to have a host of same-tier options available.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You dont like any players projected to go around our pick?
I didn't say that. I just think there are a lot of similar level players who will be there at 23, so I expect them to trade down if that is a possibility. My guess is that they think they'll get someone in their same tier even if trading down. I could be wrong.

Personally, I like Amirov, but I don't think he'll be there at 23. I like Khusnutdinov a ton, but I'm not sure he'll be there, either.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I never experienced such a lack of build up to the draft before. This is so weird. The NHL has become completely overshadowed by the NFL.
There hasn't really been a buildup to anything this year really. The playoffs I was excited when they first started, but honestly it felt forced after a couple games. After the Flyers were eliminated I barely watched. Baseball same thing. Was psyched when it started but then I was in and out and never really got fully committed. Sunday night was the first Eagles game I watched end to end. Covid just blunts all this crap!

Bigger question, because I honestly don't know how other leagues have handled COVID, will that have an impact on scouts ability to accurately judge these guys? Are we just using half-seasons as the most recent info or are they going on last year? With the exception of the top guys, is there any real consensus on anything, like can anybody really be called a reach or a steal?

Reactions: Willis88

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
There hasn't really been a buildup to anything this year really. The playoffs I was excited when they first started, but honestly it felt forced after a couple games. After the Flyers were eliminated I barely watched. Baseball same thing. Was psyched when it started but then I was in and out and never really got fully committed. Sunday night was the first Eagles game I watched end to end. Covid just blunts all this crap!

Bigger question, because I honestly don't know how other leagues have handled COVID, will that have an impact on scouts ability to accurately judge these guys? Are we just using half-seasons as the most recent info or are they going on last year? With the exception of the top guys, is there any real consensus on anything, like can anybody really be called a reach or a steal?
That's true. I'm sure it affects the scouting. There's also just been very little social media related to the draft that I've seen. Hopefully we'll get some draft day deals that make it more exciting.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I didn't say that. I just think there are a lot of similar level players who will be there at 23, so I expect them to trade down if that is a possibility. My guess is that they think they'll get someone in their same tier even if trading down. I could be wrong.

Personally, I like Amirov, but I don't think he'll be there at 23. I like Khusnutdinov a ton, but I'm not sure he'll be there, either.
Oh ok, yeah I didn't mean it the way I worded it, I meant more so exactly how you explained

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
That's true. I'm sure it affects the scouting. There's also just been very little social media related to the draft that I've seen. Hopefully we'll get some draft day deals that make it more exciting.
Not that the combine really ever sheds too much light on things in hockey, but did that even happen this year? I am sure the scouts use this info and change to speak with players differently than the general public.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Checked Twitter for the Action and, well, guess I'm listening to Van Halen all night. Not bad draft music, really!

RIP Eddie Van Halen.
my two favorite guitar based rhythms are Beat it and Purple Rain.

Yeah EVH is known for his solo, but the beat it rhythm guitar is so under appreciated.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Who are thee guys everyone wants the Flyers to take.

I will go Perreault, Reichel, and Gunler.

I'm hoping they avoid guys like Bourque and Foerster with skating concerns.

Flyers1987

Apr 23, 2017

The last of my 2020 reports.

Slightly anti-climatic haha. But had watched a fair amount of him and he could be drafted!

Hey Appleyard... who would you push for Reichel, JJP, Marat K, Perrault, Zybeck, Grans, or Wallinder if you had the Flyers pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad