GDT: 2020 NHL Draft - Round One - October 6th - 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Murray's awful. 4 years at real money for Clayton Stoner. Whitney for Kunitz and Tangradi. A 1st for Patrick frigging Eaves. He gave up on Palmieri and then Theodore after he bungled the ED situation. He let Perreault walk. I'm going to mention the ED again because it was that bad. I should mention it a 3rd time.

Hell, he fired Boudreau for Randy Carlyle.

routinely drafted well such as theodore, fowler, rakell, gibson, karlsson, lindholm, anderson,mountour, kase, pettersson, steel, comtois, jones, and now zegras.

Anaheim has had a decade of very good drafting despite missing out on some big picks. Got a fortune for pronger, GOt incredible value out of FA bobby ryan, gave up scrubs for Kesler, Got a first for brandon montour,

all gm's have their stoner contracts and souray contracts. Not all gm's have that draft history or trade history.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Also, just want to let it be known, trading picks also hurts our chances of climbing and selecting players that fall that our scouts are in favor of. People act like the trade is complete once you move a second and a third for Braun but right now they could use that third to jump to get a Gunler or someone they value. Trading picks always has a trickle down effect on the organization.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
There are ten guys in my top 33 still available
Peterka RW
Bourque C
Gunlar RW
Mysak C
Robins RW
Bordeleau C
Wallinder D
Heineman LW
Torgersson LW
Jurmo D

Plus
38. Coangelo RW
39. Foudy C
40. Khusnutidinov C

One of these could fall to #53 (accounting for AZ forfeit pick) given there are other players like Poirier, Grans etc that I do not have ranked as high as services do.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There are ten guys in my top 33 still available
Peterka RW
Bourque C
Gunlar RW
Mysak C
Robins RW
Bordeleau C
Wallinder D
Heineman LW
Torgersson LW
Jurmo D

Plus
38. Coangelo RW
39. Foudy C
40. Khusnutidinov C

One of these could fall to #53 (accounting for AZ forfeit pick) given there are other players like Poirier, Grans etc that I do not have ranked as high as services do.

Bourque is gone, bud. He's a Dallas Mavrik now. Which is just so dumb.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Quinton has a black father and a white mother. That means Quinton is biracial. To assign him to a single race is a tradition based in racism. The Hypodescent rule came out of the Jim Crow south to automatically assign anyone who is not pure white to the "inferior" race . Meaning if it was discovered your great great great great great great great great grandparent was black then you were black. I know this may not be a well known fact but it is no longer an excuse .
I went back to find the conversation, but I couldn't quite find it, I am not sure why you brought this up, and I don't know what the excuse is, but I just want to add to this:

I am biracial, and come from a very large family. Personally, I'm an 1/8 black, and my father is a 1/4. I have cousins who have a 1/4 black parent and a full black parent who don't looked mixed raced at all.

My father had the darkest skin tones of his brother and sisters (he had 12 brothers and sisters), and as a teen sported a giant afro. He got into two fights as a kid, one with a white kid who called him the N-word, and another black kid who called him a cracker (two weeks apart by the way).

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The sniper: Tyson Foerster gives Flyers that long-awaited shooter prospect

• The Flyers stayed at No. 23, rather than trading up or trading back. Fletcher said that during the draft he checked on the possibility of doing both, but despite the deals made by the Calgary Flames — who found a way to trade back twice and pick up two extra third-rounders in the process — he claimed that moving up or down was a difficult task. “There wasn’t a lot of interest,” Fletcher said. “There weren’t really teams. I called even the other way to be honest with you. There just wasn’t a lot of willing buyers or sellers today it seemed like. It was kind of quiet.”

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
routinely drafted well such as theodore, fowler, rakell, gibson, karlsson, lindholm, anderson,mountour, kase, pettersson, steel, comtois, jones, and now zegras.

Anaheim has had a decade of very good drafting despite missing out on some big picks. Got a fortune for pronger, GOt incredible value out of FA bobby ryan, gave up scrubs for Kesler, Got a first for brandon montour,

all gm's have their stoner contracts and souray contracts. Not all gm's have that draft history or trade history.

All GMs have their hits too.

Murray‘s shown no awareness of aging curves, managed his cap horrendously, hasn’t really hit on a draft pick since 2014 unless Comtois goes nuts, traded away their hits from 2014 and 2013, and nickel and dimed Hampus Lindholm on his extension.

I follow the Ducks fairly closely. The positives did outweigh the negatives for quite a few years. We’re long passed it.

*Edit* I can’t believe you tried to pass off Kesler as a positive after he gave him that contract.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I went back to find the conversation, but I couldn't quite find it, I am not sure why you brought this up, and I don't know what the excuse is, but I just want to add to this:

I am biracial, and come from a very large family. Personally, I'm an 1/8 black, and my father is a 1/4. I have cousins who have a 1/4 black parent and a full black parent who don't looked mixed raced at all.

My father had the darkest skin tones of his brother and sisters (he had 12 brothers and sisters), and as a teen sported a giant afro. He got into two fights as a kid, one with a white kid who called him the N-word, and another black kid who called him a cracker (two weeks apart by the way).

It originated when they were interviewing Byfield an the woman conducting the interview brought up he was the highest black player selected in the nhl draft. I commented that Byfield is not black which he is not. He is mixed race....which if you ever have taken a dna test we all are.

My anger stems from how the NHL has inserted itself into the topic of race, after all the major sports leagues. This was another moment where they were just trying to capitalize on what little diversity exists in that sport on all levels. I thought it was cringe worthy , and not worth mentioning, and then to compound it by not even recognizing his mixed race. There are a lot of racial biases that have been ingrained into The Americas culture. If we are ever going to get to a point where there is no racial bias then we have to learn what needs to be corrected. One of those corrections is identifying those of mixed race as a single race.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
All GMs have their hits too.

Murray‘s shown no awareness of aging curves, managed his cap horrendously, hasn’t really hit on a draft pick since 2014 unless Comtois goes nuts, traded away their hits from 2014 and 2013, and nickel and dimed Hampus Lindholm on his extension.

I follow the Ducks fairly closely. The positives did outweigh the negatives for quite a few years. We’re long passed it.

*Edit* I can’t believe you tried to pass off Kesler as a positive after he gave him that contract.

max jones, steel, zegras? Ok we will see if they hit.

They went for it like all teams must do at some point in the cap era. They went to game 7 vs the hawks and lost only after a couple of backbreaking multi ot games. Now they are facing the repercussions of a competitive team that went for it......like they all f***ing do.

from2013-2015 they had the unfortunate distinction of losing a 7 game series with detroit winning 3 ot games, losing to eventual cup kings team in 7 games. and then to the cup winner hawks in 7 games. What GM is capable of getting their team to that level of success and still not face fallout of the cap and picks being traded?

Flyers1987

Apr 23, 2017
Draft Day 2 warmups!!!!
Here a tongue twister test. No stumbling or mispronunciation allowed. 1 try only
Step 1: Try saying Tyson Foerster name 5 times real fast.
Step 2: Try saying Shakir Mukhamadullin name 5 times real fast.

BTW I failed on step one.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Please don't kill me for playing mad scientist. It's draft day. NYR took Schneider last night. They already have a million RHD's. We have a million LHD's. So... York for Nils Lundkvist? Again, please don't kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad