GDT: 2020 NHL Draft - Round One - October 6th - 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Murray's awful. 4 years at real money for Clayton Stoner. Whitney for Kunitz and Tangradi. A 1st for Patrick frigging Eaves. He gave up on Palmieri and then Theodore after he bungled the ED situation. He let Perreault walk. I'm going to mention the ED again because it was that bad. I should mention it a 3rd time.

Hell, he fired Boudreau for Randy Carlyle.
you forgot gudbranson lmao. He offered him 4 million..gudranson even said he had no idea anaheim was interested in him and when he got the offer he didn't even look at other teams. Goes to show you that even know that he wouldnt get an offer like that lmao

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I admit I have some blind spots with a handful of guys selected (we won’t even include picks #19/20), but with my limited knowledge, this struck me as one of the most galaxy brain drafts in some time. Floor fit picks, giant reaches, teams possibly blowing multiple 1st round picks, teams selecting the inferior player on the same team (twice). What a weird night. Besides the chalk early picks, how many teams should actually feel like they nailed it?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Was that Chinakhov guy really like 5+ rounds off the board like the memes say?

That's insane. I'd do that shit in Madden, when their athletic "polygon" profile was super wide then sign them for 7 yrs at like 5 mil total lol. Worked every time

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

That's insane. I'd do that shit in Madden, when their athletic "polygon" profile was super wide then sign them for 7 yrs at like 5 mil total lol. Worked every time
Public Consensus had him 224th with the highest ranking 93rd.

Last edited:

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018

I imagine it's a lot like the Foerster pick: the scouts have information we don't have, maybe they saw the player skate / play over the Covid break and observed enormous progress and are comfortable projecting off of that. We know these things sometimes happen over brief periods and everybody overlooks them / misses out (just think of Myers and Zamula).

Problematically, though, they could have just kept the secret and taken their shot in the second round. Or traded down a few picks. Value doesn't matter to the decision-makers at that point, they're locked in on a leg-up and need to see it through, need to be seen as the smartest guys in the room who by skill and hard work found the diamond in the rough.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

he was way off lol, raked like 90-150

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Whelp, as I said, Button sometimes has inside info. Foerster wouldn't have been my first choice, but he was in the tier. Just a fantastic shot.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
For those too young to get this joke, good movie.

We will use this when he looks to be NHL ready and still isn't recalled. Or when he has a shit OHL season.
image.jpeg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I woke up and the first coherent thought I had was: "That pick was so stereotypically Homerish. That was Fletch's Jason Bowen." It just felt extremely Homery.

EDIT: I understand the timeline there is completely f***ed and full of mixed metaphor kind of shit. I just meant that it feels typical of the days when we couldn't do anything right.

Last edited:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
I woke up and the first coherent thought I had was: "That pick was so stereotypically Homerish. That was Fletch's Jason Bowen." It just felt extremely Homery.

EDIT: I understand the timeline there is completely f***ed and full of mixed metaphor kind of shit. I just meant that it feels typical of the days when we couldn't do anything right.
It’s like waiting 2 hours for your special surprise and then finding out the surprise is an autographed picture of Kevin Hayes

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
2nd round Flyers prediction:

Brock Faber - RHD - USNTDP / U. of Minnesota

Most importantly, he's from freaking Minnesota. Plays a position of dire need for us. Seems to have the USA hockey stamp of approval. Not much offense, just how Chuck likes it. Good size & skating. Super young.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Well one “good” think is they clearly knew skating was a flaw and they went after him believing it can/is being corrected. Hopefully with NHL regimes and training personnel he can continue to improve.

If he does turn into a Mark Stoneish player we hit hard. If not I’ll conjure on some trades to include him in easily folks. Everything is ok.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
2nd round Flyers prediction:

Brock Faber - RHD - USNTDP / U. of Minnesota

Most importantly, he's from freaking Minnesota. Plays a position of dire need for us. Seems to have the USA hockey stamp of approval. Not much offense, just how Chuck likes it. Good size & skating. Super young.

They are definitely salivating at this type of pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad