NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - Part X - [The Final Countdown]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Heiskanen flashed a lot more electricity than either.

Seider I see. But like you said. At the time it was meh don’t the fans I didn’t think he was great at the wjc but that’s just me. Remains to be seen. But again. No fans will be happy with that type. Or at least that perceived type.

I just think generally taking these types that high. They’ll never meet your expectations. I mean a steady guy at 5th overal whole picks after him we electric talents? It’s tough to rationalize in a fans mind.
To be blunt, you can’t care what fans think about a pick. You pick who you think will help your teak the most. Fan opinion of a pick means very little

Reactions: BondraTime

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah, that's where you see the discrepancy of say a seasoned scout and someone who needs to look to find something because advanced stats is telling him something else.

That's something I hope never happens with our scouts
Well its good for him he is turning some heads anyway. I prefer a forward, and I prefer Drysdale but if the Mann et al think its Sanderson .. I will definitely trust them. They know what's on the line at 5OA

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Heiskanen flashed a lot more electricity than either.

Seider I see. But like you said. At the time it was meh don’t the fans I didn’t think he was great at the wjc but that’s just me. Remains to be seen. But again. No fans will be happy with that type. Or at least that perceived type.

I just think generally taking these types that high. They’ll never meet your expectations. I mean a steady guy at 5th overal whole picks after him we electric talents? It’s tough to rationalize in a fans mind.
I mean, that's the fault of the fans, no one to blame there but themselves

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Yeah Raymond is a fiend around the net, and a great skater. Who cares what this Wheeler goof thinks.

That's not Wheeler presenting that opinion as his own, though. He's saying that NHL scouts have those concerns. Wheeler had him 5th in his draft rankings.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well its good for him he is turning some heads anyway. I prefer a forward, and I prefer Drysdale but if the Mann et al think its Sanderson .. I will definitely trust them. They know what's on the line at 5OA
Oh for sure, good on the guy for going back at it. I just meant I hope our scouts don't see stats that make them drastically change an opinion on a player, their eyes should be able to pick up what advanced stats will corroborate for them.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
That's not Wheeler presenting that opinion as his own, though. He's saying that NHL scouts have those concerns. Wheeler had him 5th in his draft rankings.

Yeah, if I remember right, Wheeler tends to love his undersized, skillful euros .

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Oh for sure, good on the guy for going back at it. I just meant I hope our scouts don't see stats that make them drastically change an opinion on a player, their eyes should be able to pick up what advanced stats will corroborate for them.
I agree .. but two different animals.. a fan that likes doing some analysis and ranking players and pushing his opinions vs seasoned pros. Not to diminish the effort this particular guy may put out.. which can be significant.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
To be blunt, you can’t care what fans think about a pick. You pick who you think will help your teak the most. Fan opinion of a pick means very little
Yeah absolutely. I’m not saying they should do any differently.
I just think it’s silly to be like “Wel if fans don’t like Sanderson at 5 they’re lost”. Like no. He’s the most vanilla right now. He doesn’t carry a lot of hype. I’m saying in this draft, at that spot, with the sens needs, it will take a while for fans myself included to come around in it.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I know i said i would just be happy with a top 3 pick, but i am still pretty pissed off about this.

1. A contending team could hypothetically win the 1st overall pick.
2. If it wasn't for owning the Sharks pick, this team would have dropped down from 2nd to 5th overall. That is as bad as Detroit falling from 1st to 4th.

This team is at a severe disadvantage already considering we cannot attract good ufa players and we cannot afford good quality players. So the draft is the only thing that can help us, but the way the system works just f***s over the truly bad teams.

Reactions: Sweatred and Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad