East Coast
Pick a trio:

Laferniere + Rossi + Sanderson

Raymond + Holtz + Sanderson

Raymond + Drysdale + Quinn

Raymond + Holtz + Holloway

Stutzle + Drysdale + Quinn

Stutzle/Byfield + Drysdale + Gunler

outside of Laf, which trio do y'all want? You can custom your own. Go.

Rather go Sanderson/Gunler/Quinn

Go bigger
Sanderson and Quinn will be gone before the Isles pick, and the Sens have the most info on Bourque of any team in the league

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Imagine we win draft lottery. We select Laferniere, then we pick Drysdale with our next pick and Askarov drops and we trade up to select him. Lol, we'd lock up a future competing core in 1 round, lmao.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sanderson and Quinn will be gone before the Isles pick, and the Sens have the most info on Bourque of any team in the league

IMO, there is very little chance we don't use a 2nd rounder to move up and select someone we like who we believe has higher ability. If we can draft Quinn or Gunler, we would select Bourque over a chance to select one of them and use a pick to move up to do so? Quinn is considered arguably best scorer in this draft, Gunler I've seen him as high as 8 in previous rankings.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Here's another thought....would anyone trade our two top 10 picks for 1OA?

Stacked draft. Pundits think everyone in the top 10 ends up a player. Numbers kind of say someone in that top 10 flames out and amounts to nothing

Numbers would suggest yes, but it's not entirely a crapshoot either. We have an idea of which players in the top ten are higher risk-higher reward, and vice versa.

There are guys like Lundell and Sanderson who are very safe bets to be good NHL players, but don't have superstar upside. Of course it's possible something bizarre and unexpected happens, but with Byfield, Holtz and Perfetti, when you watch them you see incredible skill and potential, but there are moments when you worry whether they'll be able to translate to the NHL. Those are the guys most likely to bust in the top ten.

As to the question, it's like ReginKarlssonLehner said, depends where in the top ten exactly. Two top four? Hell no. There's a chance (not significant, but not unrealistic) that both of those picks end up better than Lafreniere.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
IMO, there is very little chance we don't use a 2nd rounder to move up and select someone we like who we believe has higher ability. If we can draft Quinn or Gunler, we would select Bourque over a chance to select one of them and use a pick to move up to do so? Quinn is considered arguably best scorer in this draft, Gunler I've seen him as high as 8 in previous rankings.
I'd imagine they'd have Bourque higher than Gunler, and I can't imagine any team accepting a 2nd to drop back several spots with either Quinn or Sanderson available.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Jake Sanderson, D, USA U18, NTDP, 6’2, 186, DOB 7.8.2002, 2020 NHL Draft
USA: 4 GP 3 G 4 A 7 PTS 0 PIM
“Geoff’s kid is a star left shot defender for the USNDTP. Sanderson is the team’s top defenseman and brings a complete 200-foot element rarely seen from the back end. Jake has offensive upside and runs the top power play unit for the USA. Not only does he run the power play he is one of the bigger threats on it because of his ability to jump into the play and get off a heavy shot. Sanderson is mobile and can get back into the play if ever caught due to a long strong stride and quick feet. Jake is also relied upon to play shut down hockey when the team has a lead and is capable of this task as well. His ability to adapt to different roles in a hockey game is extremely impressive especially considering his age. Sanderson led the defenseman in scoring this tournament and showed he is a dual threat from the back end. His skating and hockey IQ are elite and will be a big reason Jake hears his name called early come June. Sanderson has a high motor and willingness to engage physically with anyone.” – Draft Prospects Hockey evaluator Matt Donald

Thomas Bordeleau, C, USA U18, NTDP, 5’9, 180, DOB 1.3.2002, 2020 NHL Draft
USA: 4 GP 1 G 5 A 6 PTS 2 PIM
“Plays PP and PK. Highly skilled forward, wins most of his face offs. Lethal hands, when shooting, scores a lot of goals with hard wrister, he has the strength in his wrists to whip the puck from his stick. This player is smart, creates a lot of opportunities and can make great passes on the fly. Watched him take a pass in the corner, just when you thought he was going around the net he stopped and passed the puck between his legs to a team mate, while his back was to the play, which resulted in a goal. Excellent skating, great balance and core strength to protect the puck. Drives the net with speed and is strong enough to protect the puck. Most Dmen in this tournament could not contain him. Brings to the game, IQ, vision, puck skills, quick rocket shots, grit, intensity, agility, poise, willingness to battle, plays with a team concept.” – Draft Prospects Hockey evaluator Murray Caldwell

Landon Slaggert, Right Wing, USA U18, NTDP, 6’0, 182, DOB 6.25.2002, 2020 NHL Draft
USA: 4 GP 3 G 0 A 3 PTS 2 PIM
“Slaggert is a goal-scoring machine used on the top line for the USNDTP. A skilled forward that has a high skill set to match his IQ. He is an all-situations player, including roles on the 2nd power play and top penalty-killing unit. He really made his mark producing this week as he was amongst the tournament leaders in scoring. Landon has found excellent chemistry with center Thomas Bordeleau and the two were seemingly unstoppable all tournament long. Slaggert uses a quick release to pick corners with a heavy wrist shot that he is able to get off going full speed. This caused a problem for the goalies all week as he was generating scoring chances at will. He has a high motor although it would get quiet at times. Had the ability to be a difference maker when his feet are moving as he can use his speed to generate chances for his line. Slaggert won player of the game honors against the Swedes after a two-goal performance. Landon has established himself as a skilled player for the upcoming NHL draft with a physical package that becomes intriguing.” – Donald

Marat Khusnutdinov, C, SKA-1946 St. Petersburg, MHL, 5’9”, 165, DOB 7.17.2002, 2020 NHL Draft
Russia: 4 GP 2 G 0 A 2 PTS 0 PIM
“Captain, Plays PP, Wins Face offs with strength, and leverage against opponent. Extremely good stick handler and making opponent think he is passing when he picking his spot. He keeps pucks alive in the OZ with relentless stick work. He is not afraid to go to the hard areas in front of the net. He is a shooter with awesome vision, very deadly shot. Smooth skating stride, with speed. Takes hits to make a pass. Will come back and help the D. Always making something out of nothing, because of his drive and creativity. Brings to the game, hockey sense, skating with explosive speed, puck skills, compete, determination, intensity, core strength.” – Caldwell

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Yup, I want Sanderson bad, we should 1000% make a package to move up and select him. Unless we draft Drysdale.

Yeah Sanderson would be great but it might be difficult to put ourselves in a position to draft him. Maybe we package Tierney with one of our picks to move up.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
With that other 1st rd pick later on in the draft I'm hoping for Ottawa to draft Jaromir Pytlik RW. Pytlik has a good combination of size, skill & skating that hopefully will be difficult to pass up.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Dorion getting Sens fans hyped for the draft:
giphy.gif

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
With that other 1st rd pick later on in the draft I'm hoping for Ottawa to draft Jaromir Pytlik RW. Pytlik has a good combination of size, skill & skating that hopefully will be difficult to pass up.
He should be available in the 2nd round. I have seen him most frequently ranked mid to late 2nd round. It would potentially be a reach to take in him the 1st round.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I'd imagine they'd have Bourque higher than Gunler, and I can't imagine any team accepting a 2nd to drop back several spots with either Quinn or Sanderson available.
Who do you prefer between Bourque and Jarvis?

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I am definitely biased seeing a lot of Bourque and not having seen Jarvis, I really can't make a comparison
What is your opinion on Bourque's size? I see that he is listed at 5'10 165 lbs. Sometimes heights are exaggerated a bit. Do you think he looks 5'10 and do you have any concerns about his size?

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I don't have any concerns with his size, no
Yeah part of the reason why I ask is the conflicting reports I read on Xaiver Simoneau. Last year I think a few sources had him listed at 5'8 and then CSS had him listed at 5'6.5. So sometimes it is worth checking on smaller players because a few inches difference can mean a lot.

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010

If we're looking for size with the Isles pick, give me Shakir Mukhamadullin please. Not exactly known for his hard-nosed play but he certainly doesn't shy away from physical contact. If the Isles really falter down the stretch (or we trade up a bit) perhaps we could land Holloway or Zary.

Pytlik does seem very much like a Sens type if pick, but the first would likely be too high for him. Luke Tuch will also go somewhere in the second, and plays more of a power forward style game.

Reactions: aragorn

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
Worth noting for Aragorn that while I believe EP still has Mukhamadullin listed at 6'2, he is 6'4 now, and still slim with a solid frame. Lots of room to bulk up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad