NHL Entry Draft 2020 NHL Draft Discussion - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Jack Quinn is ranked 86th this is a ridiculously loaded draft. He would be a mid 2nd rounder at worst most years. I love his game.
He is putting up first round numbers and isnt playing on the first line so its not artificial. He is also a good two way player, highly intelligent and shows flashes of elite scoring ability. I think he is a very underated prospect at this point. If the sens pick him with one of their seconds ill be extatic.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Regarding Jack Quinn, keep in mind he missed being eligible for last year's draft by 4 days, so he's one of the older guys in the 2020 draft. That's going to keep him from the first round.

Having said that, I absolutely love the kid, and he's even better than the stats suggest. I'm all in on picking him with any of our 2nds or 3rds.

Reactions: GCK

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
A later round dark horse prospect out of Russia that has impressed me in his international play is Maxim Groshev.
He has played 20 games in the KHL this year with only 4 assists but playing in the KHL at his age is an accomplishment. He is not flashy but plays a hard power forward style of game (6' 2, 194). Could be worth a late round pick.

from the Canada Russia series

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
My early mostly uneducated wish list:

Tier 1
1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield

Tier 2
3. Raymond
4. Stutzle

Tier 3
5. Holtz
6. Drysdale
7. Askarov
8. Lundell
9. Perfetti

I am hoping we get at least one guy from tier 1 or 2, but even if we "just" get two guys from tier 3 we still come away with a really good pair of prospects.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Tier 1
1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield

Tier 2
3. Raymond
4. Stutzle

Tier 3
5. Holtz
6. Drysdale
7. Askarov
8. Lundell
9. Perfetti

I am hoping we get at least one guy from tier 1 or 2, but even if we "just" get two guys from tier 3 we still come away with a really good pair of prospects.
I’m a little leery of picking G or D in the top 10 and I’m nervous about Lundell Rossi and Perfetti. Now I am going of watching some of them and some are just clips and scouting reports so it’s not worth anything. I really want Byfield and would be tempted to take him before Laf. Scouting is hard

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Tier 1
1. Lafreniere
2. Byfield

Tier 2
3. Raymond
4. Stutzle

Tier 3
5. Holtz
6. Drysdale
7. Askarov
8. Lundell
9. Perfetti

I would add Dylan Hollaway and/or Rossi to Tier 3. If the Sens pick 2 in Tier 3 my bet would be on Lundell and Hollaway .
Not saying I would pick those 2 but they have the least Sizzle and the most "complete game" types .

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This is a very winger-heavy draft (at least the top prospects). Byfield is probably the only likely future #1 centre.
Guys like Perfetti and Rossi probably don't have the skating to make up for the lack of size to be top centres in the NHL and will probably end up being very good wingers.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is a very winger-heavy draft (at least the top prospects). Byfield is probably the only likely future #1 centre.
Guys like Perfetti and Rossi probably don't have the skating to make up for the lack of size to be top centres in the NHL and will probably end up being very good wingers.

Kinda odd. A year ago they were saying center heavy (iirc).

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
A later round dark horse prospect out of Russia that has impressed me in his international play is Maxim Groshev.
He has played 20 games in the KHL this year with only 4 assists but playing in the KHL at his age is an accomplishment. He is not flashy but plays a hard power forward style of game (6' 2, 194). Could be worth a late round pick.

Looks really strong on the puck. I'd take this guy in a heartbeat. Based on those clips I'd go as high as a late second rounder.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Given the fact that we supposedly now have a scouting presence in Russia we could possibly end up drafting some players from the MHL or KHL. There could be some sleepers in the later rounds that could really pan out. Maxim Groshev seems like a solid prospect. A few others that come to mind are Maxim Beryozkhin, Ivan Manin, Kirill Kondryev, Bogdan Trineyev and Alexander Nikishin.

Last edited:

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Alexander Nikishin could be an interesting prospect for the mid rounds. He plays defense and is listed at 6'3 196 lbs and shoots left.
He is playing in the KHL this season and his stats line reads 10 GP 0 G 1 A 1 PT.
Last season in the MHL his stats line read 62 GP 8 G 17 A 25 PTS.
Alexander Nikishin at eliteprospects.com
He is a very physical d man and could be an imposing figure down the line.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Kirill Kondyrev looks like another solid sleeper in this draft. He plays forward and is listed at 6'1 194 lbs.
Playing in the MHL this season his stats line reads 24 GP 9 G 5 A 14 PTS.
Kirill Kondyrev at eliteprospects.com
He has some wheels.

Last edited:

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Alexander Nikishin could be an interesting prospect for the mid rounds. He plays defense and is listed at 6'3 196 lbs and shoots left.
He is playing in the KHL this season and his stats line reads 10 GP 0 G 1 A 1 PT.
Last season in the MHL his stats line read 62 GP 8 G 17 A 25 PTS.
Alexander Nikishin at eliteprospects.com
He is a very physical d man and could be an imposing figure down the line.

I think Nikishin could end up going pretty high. Some team is gonna like the upside. Players like that who can also play the game are a hot commodity.

He led the MHL U18 defensemen in scoring his 17 year old season, 4th in p/g. Playing 11 mins a game in KHL this year and already getting a reputation as a guy to keep your head up against.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I think Nikishin could end up going pretty high. Some team is gonna like the upside. Players like that who can also play the game are a hot commodity.

He led the MHL U18 defensemen in scoring his 17 year old season, 4th in p/g. Playing 11 mins a game in KHL this year and already getting a reputation as a guy to keep your head up against.

Hopefully he is available in the 2nd round so we can consider using one of out picks on him.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I was wondering what draft-eligible players are likely to be at World Juniors this year. Looked into it.

Canada - Lafreniere will be a top line forward. Byfield will be there too. Drysdale, Justin Barron and Perfetti are longshots to me.

USA - Maybe Stranges? Jake Sanderson? If I had to guess I'd say none.

Russia - Rodion Amirov, Alexander Nikishin and Maxim Groshev are all pretty good bets. Is Askarov already the starter?

Sweden - Holtz, Raymond and Gunler should all be locks. Zion Nybeck, Helge Grans and Emil Andrae are possible.

Finland - Obviously Lundell will be back. Topi Niemelä, Roni Hirvonen, Kasper Simontaival are good bets. As good as Juuso Mäenpää and Oliver Suni are doing, Finland has a lot of players already drafted. Maybe Aatu Räty (2021).

Czechs - Jan Mysak, Pavel Novak, Jaromir Pytlik should all be there. Maybe Adam Raska, Jan Bednar, Nick Malik.

Switzerland - Simon Knak and Noah Delémont should be there for sure. Giancarlo Chanton is 2021 draft.

Slovakia - Martin Chromiak, Samuel Knazko for sure. Maybe Oliver Fatul, Jakub Kolenic, Marko Stacha. Probably a couple players who went undrafted last year will be on the radar this year.

Germany - Tim Stütle, Lukas Reichel and John-Jason Peterka are locks. Maybe Maksymilian Szuber, Arno Tiefensee.

Kazakhstan - Not sure there are any draftable prospects. I could take some guesses, but they'd be nothing more than that.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I was wondering what draft-eligible players are likely to be at World Juniors this year. Looked into it.

Canada - Lafreniere will be a top line forward. Byfield will be there too. Drysdale, Justin Barron and Perfetti are longshots to me.

USA - Maybe Stranges? Jake Sanderson? If I had to guess I'd say none.

Russia - Rodion Amirov, Alexander Nikishin and Maxim Groshev are all pretty good bets. Is Askarov already the starter?

Sweden - Holtz, Raymond and Gunler should all be locks. Zion Nybeck, Helge Grans and Emil Andrae are possible.

Finland - Obviously Lundell will be back. Topi Niemelä, Roni Hirvonen, Kasper Simontaival are good bets. As good as Juuso Mäenpää and Oliver Suni are doing, Finland has a lot of players already drafted. Maybe Aatu Räty (2021).

Czechs - Jan Mysak, Pavel Novak, Jaromir Pytlik should all be there. Maybe Adam Raska, Jan Bednar, Nick Malik.

Switzerland - Simon Knak and Noah Delémont should be there for sure. Giancarlo Chanton is 2021 draft.

Slovakia - Martin Chromiak, Samuel Knazko for sure. Maybe Oliver Fatul, Jakub Kolenic, Marko Stacha. Probably a couple players who went undrafted last year will be on the radar this year.

Germany - Tim Stütle, Lukas Reichel and John-Jason Peterka are locks. Maybe Maksymilian Szuber, Arno Tiefensee.

Kazakhstan - Not sure there are any draftable prospects. I could take some guesses, but they'd be nothing more than that.
Dawson Mercer has a very good shot for Canada, Hunter couldn’t stop gushing over him the past few days.

Was just suspended for 6 games, (awful ruling IMO) so he won’t have any time to make any more impressions for Team Canada.

Reactions: innocent bystander

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
This is looking like it could be a great draft for the Sens. We will have to see where players end up ranked but currently it looks like there could be some solid players in every round.

Second Round Options
Possibly there:
Jaromir Pytlik, Antonio Stranges, Justin Sourdif,

Likely there:
Carter Savoie, Alexander Nikishin, Luke Tuch, Dylan Peterson

Early to Mid Round Options

Jake Neighbours, Maxim Groshev, Jack Quinn, Ryan O'Rourke, JJ Petercka, Cross Hanas

Mid to Late Round Options

Carsen Richels, Brendan Brisson, Kirill Kondryev, Maxim Beryozkhin, Bogdan Trineyev, Ivan Manin, Tag Bertuzzi, Yegor Sokolov, Stephen Halliday, Andrei Bakanov, Adam Raska

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Someone I know who works for a team in Quebec said the Volts are appealing it, which they should in my opinion, no clue how that could get a 6 game suspension from someone who has zero history of anything dirty.

Costs quite a bit to form the appeal, like 10K or something, so they would have to be sure and feel they would win to submit it.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad