Prospect Info: 2020 NHL Draft 25th Overall - Justin Barron, RD

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Any reason why Barron hasn't played? The Q is already three weeks deep and he's played just one game.

Excerpt from an article dated 10.10:

The skilled defenceman is still a few weeks away from playing his first game of the QMJHL regular season because he's rehabbing from a minor shoulder procedure to correct a blood clot that sidelined him for three months in 2019-20.
"It's really just me getting back to being comfortable and redeveloping that strength in my shoulder," he said. "I've been skating all week and I'm back to skating with the team in a non-contact jersey. Hopefully it'll be sometime in the next couple of weeks."

Justin Barron still processing 'blur' of being drafted by Avalanche | Cape Breton Post

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Barron doing a nice Makar impression there to just drive the net through traffic with the puck from the wall.

I know this is the new NHL, but that kind of play still scares the hell out of me to watch. You would get absolutely destroyed if you tried that in the old NHL.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Starting the season with 5 assists in 5 games after coming off of shoulder surgery no less, he’s poised to have a good season and could be a Team Canada dark horse especially when you consider the advantage Q players have being in game shape. If he can continue to put up decent points maybe all is not lost on a prospect many consider more defensive than offensive. He already appears to get his shot through quite frequently and although it hasn’t produced goals it generates a ton of opportunities for his team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I’ve watched a couple of his games since the return, I’d actually classify him as more offensive than defensive. He loves to shoot, that’s for sure. He reminds of Graves a bit in that regard actually. I like his playmaking, he’s more than just a puck mover. The D zone might be where the rust is, I’ll give it a little time before really deciding his capabilities there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad