2020 NHL Dmen Rankings #12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bondra

Jan 18, 2019
As a Canucks fan, I agree with this. But I would say the same for Macavoy, Makar, and Heiskanen.

But if you asked me who I would take over a full season, I dunno, my opinion changes a bit. I think Hughes and those other guys are in the conversation there. They are dynamic, they are skilled, and they’re all trending upward. It really just depends how you rate young defensemen, I personally would like to see all of these guys put together a few solid seasons before ranking them this highly.

Heiskanen, in example, was rated below both Hughes and Makar before the playoffs. After their run, he is now a top 5 defenseman. It’s amazing how a small sample size seems to change how we look at a player.

But whatever... It’s an HFBoards list... Take it for what it is. I think Hughes finished above this in Norris voting, so there is some precedence for it.

Yea Heiskanen was ranked below in here because most of the hfboarders havent seen him play. But if you shine on scoreboard night after night you will jump in rankings especially as a defenceman, points seems to matter these days the most.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
As a Canucks fan, I agree with this. But I would say the same for Macavoy, Makar, and Heiskanen.

But if you asked me who I would take over a full season, I dunno, my opinion changes a bit. I think Hughes and those other guys are in the conversation there. They are dynamic, they are skilled, and they’re all trending upward. It really just depends how you rate young defensemen, I personally would like to see all of these guys put together a few solid seasons before ranking them this highly.

Heiskanen, in example, was rated below both Hughes and Makar before the playoffs. After their run, he is now a top 5 defenseman. It’s amazing how a small sample size seems to change how we look at a player.

But whatever... It’s an HFBoards list... Take it for what it is. I think Hughes finished above this in Norris voting, so there is some precedence for it.
I agree. All these young guys are too green to be going this high but they are impressive nonetheless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad