NFL: 2020 NFL Trade Deadline Rumors, Speculation, and Minor Trades Thread

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Fuller would have been well worth 3rd IMO despite his flaws
Packers defense is absolute garbage. At least if they added another receiver they might be able to score on almost every possession and have a chance. I suggest that Packers fans start cheering for the Buccaneers.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I heard talk about Thelien. What are the Vikings actually trying to accomplish?
And doesnt trading Reiff adversely effect the play of guys like Cousins and Cook.
If I'm Cook I'd be pissed they traded a star OT.

I don't think the Thielen talk was anything more than speculation because the team is bad, he is 30 and there were connections with Stefanski in Cleveland and there was also the "he'll fit perfectly in NE crowd" (aka he's a white WR). A bunch of different reporters basically said Spielman hung up the phone on any Thielen calls.

The Reiff talk was becaues he's having the best year of his career and already had to take a pay cut to not get cut this summer, so his value will never be higher. Plus his replacement is already on the roster in Ezra Cleveland. Let Cleveland workout the kinks at LT in a lost year. Right now he's playing RG because Elflein's hurt (but Elflein sucks anyway).

In the end they did absolutely nothing, and apparently even tried to trade for Will Parks, so they're delusional after the Packers win. I thought Harris to Cleveland (provided you get you get = value to the comp pick), Reiff to BAL/TEN and Rudolph to NE or somewhere for a 4th were no brainers.

They'll choke one away late against Detroit this week and realize the fluke the GB win. Jeff Gladney is like the only CB left on the roster. Hughes and Hill are hurt, Dantzler was knocked unconscious, Boyd looks like he suffered a major injury and even backups or backups like Mark Fields punctured his lung. They're gonna have to control the ball with Cook because an already bad/young CB group is depleted and having no pass rush doesn't help.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I don't think the Thielen talk was anything more than speculation because the team is bad, he is 30 and there were connections with Stefanski in Cleveland and there was also the "he'll fit perfectly in NE crowd" (aka he's a white WR). A bunch of different reporters basically said Spielman hung up the phone on any Thielen calls.

The Reiff talk was becaues he's having the best year of his career and already had to take a pay cut to not get cut this summer, so his value will never be higher. Plus his replacement is already on the roster in Ezra Cleveland. Let Cleveland workout the kinks at LT in a lost year. Right now he's playing RG because Elflein's hurt (but Elflein sucks anyway).

In the end they did absolutely nothing, and apparently even tried to trade for Will Parks, so they're delusional after the Packers win. I thought Harris to Cleveland (provided you get you get = value to the comp pick), Reiff to BAL/TEN and Rudolph to NE or somewhere for a 4th were no brainers.

They'll choke one away late against Detroit this week and realize the fluke the GB win. Jeff Gladney is like the only CB left on the roster. Hughes and Hill are hurt, Dantzler was knocked unconscious, Boyd looks like he suffered a major injury and even backups or backups like Mark Fields punctured his lung. They're gonna have to control the ball with Cook because an already bad/young CB group is depleted and having no pass rush doesn't help.
The NFL isn't really chock full of trades. You have to also keep the Locke room intact as well. So even though it may make sense to get draft picks in the short term the long term effects maybe worse.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
Has anyone wasted a career worse than Green Bay with Rodgers?
imagine wasting an all time great's prime trying to prop up Mike McCarthy's fat ass

They should have hired a LaFleur type young coach a long time ago.

I wouldn't give up on this season, though. NFC's top end teams are all sketchy. Packers could definitely come out of the conference. Just have a hard time seeing them, or any other NFC team, beat whoever is representing the AFC, whether it be the Chiefs/Steelers/Ravens.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
imagine wasting an all time great's prime trying to prop up Mike McCarthy's fat ass

They should have hired a LaFleur type young coach a long time ago.

I wouldn't give up on this season, though. NFC's top end teams are all sketchy. Packers could definitely come out of the conference. Just have a hard time seeing them, or any other NFC team, beat whoever is representing the AFC, whether it be the Chiefs/Steelers/Ravens.

Yeah, they really needed to change the coach and philosophy awhile ago..

problem now is, Gutenkunst is active in FA but he sucks at the draft table (last years draft is inexcusable right now) and then they made no efforts really to fix the WR and run defense.. instead opting for a 3rd string QB and RB.. and used a 3rd on a fullback, while not hvaing a 4th because of trading up for Love.

Just an unfortunate sequence where we couldn't line up activity on FA with being good at the draft table and having a competent coach.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
This trade deadline was even more boring than Uncle Colm from Derry Girls. Teams obviously really value their picks.

Gruß,
BSHH

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
The NFL isn't really chock full of trades. You have to also keep the Locke room intact as well. So even though it may make sense to get draft picks in the short term the long term effects maybe worse.
That may be true in other sports but the locker room changes every week in football. Hell 5 guys could go down with season ending injuries and you have 5 new guys in the locker room. Careers may be over in 3-4 years. You could have a completely different team in 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad