NFL: 2020 NFL Trade Deadline Rumors, Speculation, and Minor Trades Thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Amari Cooper to the Packers would be nice.
Cooper carries a massive dead cap hit. It's $40 million for 2020 and $28 million for 2021 depending on when they move him. Dallas would have to go full on rebuild if they moved their guys that they recently signed.

You just can't sign guys to large guaranteed contracts which run 5 years and expect to move them in under 2 years without a big dead cap hit. This is not the NHL in terms of how cap hits are calculated since only a portion of an NFL contract is guaranteed.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Patriots should be looking to trade for upgrade at QB

Fitzpatrick would be great fit (As TheAngryHank pointed out in GDT)

Maybe, but I think they should go in the other direction.

Trade Gilmore and see if there is any interest in Cam.

Add Edelman to the list.

Especially if they lose to Buffalo next week.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
For the Vikings I think Anthony Harris, Riley Reiff, and Kyle Rudolph should all be traded. Maybe Harris brings back a 3rd but getting day three picks for all of them is probably more likely.

I doubt this happens because I don't see them fully rebuilding but I wouldn't be against trading Adam Thielen and Harrison Smith in the right deals either. Both are 30+ but still very good so I wouldn't do it unless a team paid up and gave up something good.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
For the Vikings I think Anthony Harris, Riley Reiff, and Kyle Rudolph should all be traded. Maybe Harris brings back a 3rd but getting day three picks for all of them is probably more likely.

I doubt this happens because I don't see them fully rebuilding but I wouldn't be against trading Adam Thielen and Harrison Smith in the right deals either. Both are 30+ but still very good so I wouldn't do it unless a team paid up and gave up something good.
What is the dead cap if they did move off the last 2 guys?

for the NFC East, no one is out of it. 2-3-1 leads the division.

each team is literally 5 wins from hosting a playoff game. So despite having guys that they could move I don’t think you’ll see much action from them outside of the Giants. The other 3 will view themselves as still in it.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Not much.

Smith is still on the contract he signed back in 2016 and they've never restructured it so all the bonuses and guaranteed money has been paid. It'd be $2M dead cap this season and nothing next year.

Thielen just signed an extension last year but he only received a $9M bonus and going forward his contract is guaranteed for injury only. So if they traded him now, it'd only be $1.8M in dead cap for the next three years.

Jul 10, 2010

for the NFC East, no one is out of it. 2-3-1 leads the division.

each team is literally 5 wins from hosting a playoff game. So despite having guys that they could move I don’t think you’ll see much action from them outside of the Giants. The other 3 will view themselves as still in it.
partially laughing, partially crying

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Maybe, but I think they should go in the other direction.

Trade Gilmore and see if there is any interest in Cam.

Add Edelman to the list.

Especially if they lose to Buffalo next week.

Yeah, there's no reason to go for it. See how they do in Buffalo and if they lose, which is pretty damn likely, sell off what you can and get assets for upcoming seasons.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Cowboys or Bears really need to go for Fitzpatrick... Maybe even New England. Cam Newton ain't it! Still can't believe the Pats even bothered going for him.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Think it's safe to say Seattle could use an edge rusher since ours and his backup are out long-term. Not much cap space to work with, though.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad