NFL: 2020 NFL off-season news & notes discussion thread (Cowboys & Texans players have COVID-19)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
So, what was the punishment exactly? They put a note in his file? What the hell does "penalized for conduct detrimental" mean?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, what was the punishment exactly? They put a note in his file? What the hell does "penalized for conduct detrimental" mean?
They fined him with the understanding that he must work within the Jewish community.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
They fined him with the understanding that he must work within the Jewish community.

He'll be fined, but I see the added understanding being only that he's got to stop saying stupid **** about the Jewish community.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yup, Malcom doesn't get it either. None of them do really. I think I want Desean cut.
I'm sure that's something Philly management and ownership are wrestling with. They probably should cut him, but from a football POV, they saw what their team was like last season without a deep threat.

Do they have enough depth at the WR position in terms of speed to afford to cut him.

What takes precedence for them?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm sure that's something Philly management and ownership are wrestling with. They probably should cut him, but from a football POV, they saw what their team was like last season without a deep threat.

Do they have enough depth at the WR position in terms of speed to afford to cut him.

What takes precedence for them?

I think the lack of reaction overall is the bigger issue in all of this. Eagles management. A bland NFL statement. Maybe 1-2 current players. But, that's it really. For a player touting Hitler's comments about Jews.

For my part, I care a lot less about what more the Eagles may or may not do than I do about the complete lack of anything approaching 1/1000th of the type of condemnation from the NFL community that you saw, for example, with Brees.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
At some point pretty soon, Roger is going to have to make a decision on the Super Bowl. Currently scheduled for Tampa, Florida showing no signs of getting its act together. Of course, hard to move it somewhere too.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
At some point pretty soon, Roger is going to have to make a decision on the Super Bowl. Currently scheduled for Tampa, Florida showing no signs of getting its act together. Of course, hard to move it somewhere too.

The problem is where. How do you forecast where Florida or anyone else will be in 6 months (when we know nothing about second waves and how they might hit)?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Imagine if he ever came back to play, even if it was just throwing a pass in a preseason game and walking off. He's still the best QB in the Redskins' locker room so who knows...

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I am going to go ahead and say its a bad idea to have football during pandemic. But money triumps all and I gotta accept that.

So, shouldn't NFL allow bigger roster for one season to deal with any potential coronavirus cases?

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
If anyone honestly thinks there will be a 2020 NFL season (yeah, they will try, but it will ultimately fail spectacularly) after what happened with the Marlins this morning (in a sport with MINIMAL physical contact), then I have a nice bridge in Brooklyn I can sell to you.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad