Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Strength of schedule is the 5th tie breaker, strength of victory is 4th

It goes 1: head to head
2: best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

The jets haven't played the jags and the jags win was in conference and the jets win wasnt, therefore the jets should still pick 1OA.

Going down the tiebreaking procedure the jets should still have 1OA unless they win a game or the colts lose out and the rams become a better victory than the colts

Unless im wrong and not reading that correctly, the jets should still be picking 1OA

Edit: disregard as I was informed the draft tiebreakers are different, which is stupid to me, but whatever
Strength of schedule is the 5th tie breaker, strength of victory is 4th

It goes 1: head to head
2: best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

The jets haven't played the jags and the jags win was in conference and the jets win wasnt, therefore the jets should still pick 1OA.

Going down the tiebreaking procedure the jets should still have 1OA unless they win a game or the colts lose out and the rams become a better victory than the colts

Unless im wrong and not reading that correctly, the jets should still be picking 1OA

Edit: disregard as I was informed the draft tiebreakers are different, which is stupid to me, but whatever
NFL Draft tiebreaking procedure starts with strength of schedule

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If it makes you Jets fans feel any better... the Jags play the only team they beat all season in week 17.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If it makes you Jets fans feel any better... the Jags play the only team they beat all season in week 17.

IF the Colts need the game they'll win by 30+, they're gonna want to exact some retribution over the embarrassment of losing to them. Key word being if...I could see a lot of teams (Colts included) taking Week 17 off if they already have a playoff berth clinched since 'home field' really means nothing aside from weather concerns this year and only two teams get a bye.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I get Jets fans are depressed, but at least your team didn't have your punter throw a pass in the red zone in basically a must win game.
But when it works it is great and smart coaching. Arizona had their punter throw a pass from around their own 20 and it worked. The announcer praised the gutsy call - go figure.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I get Jets fans are depressed, but at least your team didn't have your punter throw a pass in the red zone in basically a must win game.

Which no one will remember in 5 years.
I appreciate Giant fans' empathy. My buddy, who is a Giant fan, was going on about being terrible. Your teM has won 2 championships in 15 years. My team hasn't been to a superbowl since my father was a teenager

Meanwhile we have buttfumble, the fake spike, the Heidi game, Sal Alosi tripping a player from the sideline, an all out blitz on the final play of the game....

Im sure Geno Smith did something stupid.

And thats the on field embarrassment.

Then we have drunken Joe, our foot fetish coach, Favre's needledick, Geno Smith getting knocked out....

And the yearly video role of draft busts.

Having to suffer through this embarrassment was bad enough. Then hope to finally land a franchise QB for the first time in history. This was the straw that broke my back. The best defense in the NFL can't beat a 38 year old Frank Gore and an offensive line made of turnstyles.

I quit the Mets because the Wilpons were just as bad as the Johnsons.

What sucks even more is that 80000 will show up next year completely forgetting that this year should have been the year where Jet fans force the Johnsons into selling the team by not buying tickets.

But those fans are goddamned stupid because god forbid they change a tradition of burning $10000s on tickets and paraphernalia. Those f***ers cant fathom doing anything else on Sunday.

Meanwhile, I didnt watch for 8 weeks this year, and I renovated my livingroom and spent time with my family.

The thing is the MLB forced the Wilpons out. The NFL will never force the Johnsons out. They didnt force Jimmy Haslem out after his truckstop company cooked the books for years. They let senile Al Davis embarrass himself for 20 years. The shithead in Jacksonville wants to move to London.

So I might become a Giant fan. Or f*** it, pull a mid 90s Cowboys bandwagon stunt becoming a Chiefs fan. At least they have a QB

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Having to suffer through this embarrassment was bad enough. Then hope to finally land a franchise QB for the first time in history. This was the straw that broke my back. The best defense in the NFL can't beat a 38 year old Frank Gore and an offensive line made of turnstyles.

Well second time. Even if Joe fell off after his injuries he was a legit franchise QB for his first 5-6 years. And yeah I gotta take back what I said about the Rams last week, you can't stop the Jets then you're not really a good defense either.

the QB the Jets couldve had

They could have had a lot of damn QB's starting with Marino without needing to luck into a generational talent, that's the issue I have with the Charlie Brown Jet fan routine today. Don't get me wrong I was annoyed yesterday, still am annoyed as much because we've had to suffer through this embarrassment of a season including that dumbass Raider loss two weeks ago with now nothing to show for it. Plus I'm still convinced Darnold will go back to sucking the last two weeks and annoy me even more.

But this doesn't condemn the Jets to fifteen more years of losing, that's silly. With the way the game is played and called you can get decent-good QB play out of almost anyone not coached by Adam Gase, if you have a line and a couple more freaking weapons. And all we've heard for two years is how great Joe Douglas is, well let's see it now. Get a coach to where we can find out once and for all what Darnold is, and if he still can't hack it then let the great Douglas find his own darn QB.

Let's be honest about one thing, every QB that's won a SB in the last 20 years who isn't named Manning was picked after #1 overall and many outside the first round entirely.

Last edited:

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
But this doesn't condemn the Jets to fifteen more years of losing, that's silly. With the way the game is played and called you can get decent-good QB play out of almost anyone not coached by Adam Gase, if you have a line and a couple more freaking weapons. And all we've heard for two years is how great Joe Douglas is, well let's see it now. Get a coach to where we can find out once and for all what Darnold is, and if he still can't hack it then let the great Douglas find his own darn QB.

Let's be honest about one thing, every QB that's won a SB in the last 20 years who isn't named Manning was picked after #1 overall and many outside the first round entirely.
Dont you think eventually they'll get lucky and have a GOOD coaching staff? I mean the law of averages...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dont you think eventually they'll get lucky and have a GOOD coaching staff? I mean the law of averages...

If Chris and/or Woody let Joe Douglas make the decision on the next coach, maybe. If they're making the decision on the coach there's no such thing as a law of averages, their pick is going to suck - that's an irrefutable fact at this point. I didn't think they could get worse than Todd Bowles, well they sure managed to do that.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Pretty unbelievable that the league won't move the Lions game to Sunday for Saturday. Lions will have no coaches on Saturday, but would have on Sunday. Moving a game to Sunday didn't seem like an impossible request, but the Saturday game is in a national window (unlike Sunday's regional window).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They don't want to move games unless there's active outbreaks which still need to be contained. At least that's the party line. It just looks bad when all the 'screw you, we're playing on' tough guy stances occur against non-playoff teams (Denver, Detroit) while the let's postpone games or cut a deal ones benefit playoff contenders (Baltimore, Washington).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad