NBA 2020 NBA Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
No, only Steph. Klay and Draymond were both on max contracts.
They were not on Max contracts. Green was making 15, Curry was making 12 mill, and Klay was making 16.5mill. Those contracts kept them flexible.

And no luxury tax.

upload_2020-10-1_23-59-14.png

Last edited:

YYCLetangStan

Aug 6, 2020
Calgary
They were not on Max contracts. Green was making 15, Curry was making 12 mill, and Klay was making 16.5mill. Those contracts kept them flexible.

And no luxury tax.

View attachment 369882

Those were max contracts. It’s the maximum they were eligible for based on the years they’ve played in the NBA. Green was a 2nd round pick so his is lower than Klay’s.

Steph’a 2012 extension was less than a max contract. He took a haircut because the Warriors weren’t willing to give him a max due to his recurrent ankle injuries.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm just happy we don't have to hear about Golden State for a while.

- hypocritical coach

- way too dependent on threes and were the spark that ruined modern basketball by hitting threes every possession

- um I think that's it. Other than that I don't have beef with GS. They may make the playoffs but they'll never have anyone on the level of LA

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'm just happy we don't have to hear about Golden State for a while.

- hypocritical coach

- way too dependent on threes and were the spark that ruined modern basketball by hitting threes every possession

- um I think that's it. Other than that I don't have beef with GS. They may make the playoffs but they'll never have anyone on the level of LA
Actually fans are not happy that they have to hear about Lebron and the Lakers.
NBA TV Ratings: Game 1 becomes the least-watched NBA Finals game on record

LA Lakers' LeBron James has always been good for the TV ratings. The 35-year-old superstar has been able to rope in viewers to watch the game ever since his debut 17 years ago.
But despite his presence in this year's Finals, Game 1 between the LA Lakers and the Miami Heat averaged only 7.41 million viewers on ABC, making it the least-watched NBA Finals on record (dating back to 1988).

According to the latest NBA news update, yesterday's game saw a whooping 45% fall in TV ratings compared to the Warriors-Raptors Finals last year and 58% compared to Cavaliers-Warriors in 2018. The previous low recorded for an NBA Finals was back in 2007 between Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs.

The Golden State Warrios invented a style of play and ran it to perfection. So much that the league tries to replicate it. I think it's terrible basketball too only when everyone is trying to do it. They way Curry and Thompson shoot 3's is as exciting as watching any other superstar play.

GS is considered one of the greatest teams. LA will never get to that.

Reactions: YYCLetangStan

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Those were max contracts. It’s the maximum they were eligible for based on the years they’ve played in the NBA. Green was a 2nd round pick so his is lower than Klay’s.

Steph’a 2012 extension was less than a max contract. He took a haircut because the Warriors weren’t willing to give him a max due to his recurrent ankle injuries.
But those max contracts don't affect the cap like veteran max contracts.

It really didn't matter if their contracts were maxed or not. It still left plenty of room to add KD once TV money came into effect.

My original statement that Stepth, Clay, and Green all had very manageable contracts still holds true.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Actually fans are not happy that they have to hear about Lebron and the Lakers.
NBA TV Ratings: Game 1 becomes the least-watched NBA Finals game on record

The Golden State Warrios invented a style of play and ran it to perfection. So much that the league tries to replicate it. I think it's terrible basketball too only when everyone is trying to do it. They way Curry and Thompson shoot 3's is as exciting as watching any other superstar play.

GS is considered one of the greatest teams. LA will never get to that.
yeah I’m not the biggest fan of all the 3 pt shooting nowadays but GSW have the players and the system to execute properly

Unlike the Rockets who kept chucking 3a in game 7 vs GS even though it wasn’t working that night

Sep 19, 2008
My king

LeBron James snapped at players on Lakers bench during Game 1: ‘This s*** ain’t over’
By Kurt HelinOct 1, 2020, 7:59 PM EDT

Not long into the third quarter, it was clear the Lakers were going to win Game 1 of the NBA Finals in a rout. The Lakers overwhelmed the Heat, Anthony Davis was dominant inside, then throw in a couple of Miami injuries and it was over in any way that mattered.

Lakers’ bench players were having fun with it but LeBron James snapped at them to get them focused, reports Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. It has started after Dwight Howard made a fourth quarter assist to Anthony Davis, then Howard made a glasses gesture, suggesting he saw the floor clearly.

Davis, Howard and some players on the Lakers’ bench began making the glasses gesture again as they walked to their bench. James didn’t let this celebratory occurrence slide this time.

“Hey, hey! Stop it! Stay locked in!” he shouted at his teammates before entering the huddle. “This s*** ain’t o ver, man.”

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
My king

LeBron James snapped at players on Lakers bench during Game 1: ‘This s*** ain’t over’
By Kurt HelinOct 1, 2020, 7:59 PM EDT

Not long into the third quarter, it was clear the Lakers were going to win Game 1 of the NBA Finals in a rout. The Lakers overwhelmed the Heat, Anthony Davis was dominant inside, then throw in a couple of Miami injuries and it was over in any way that mattered.

Lakers’ bench players were having fun with it but LeBron James snapped at them to get them focused, reports Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. It has started after Dwight Howard made a fourth quarter assist to Anthony Davis, then Howard made a glasses gesture, suggesting he saw the floor clearly.

Davis, Howard and some players on the Lakers’ bench began making the glasses gesture again as they walked to their bench. James didn’t let this celebratory occurrence slide this time.

“Hey, hey! Stop it! Stay locked in!” he shouted at his teammates before entering the huddle. “This s*** ain’t o ver, man.”
What a leader. He should get a trophy for being a leader.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
people are angry about politics in muh sports (even though the two are inexplicable)

also i thought the NBA ratings would "improve" in the postseason :rolleyes:

Ehh, I don't think it's really politics. It's extremely boring. NBA is putting out a lame product. Same teams and players all the time. Anybody with a brain could see these playoffs never happen without Lebron. So Lebron had to make it far or it would have crumbled. It would have been funny to see what happened if Lakers lost early. But of course that never happened. Owners are basically saying thanks for the money and here's your Championship, Lebron. It's so rigged.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Ehh, I don't think it's really politics. It's extremely boring. NBA is putting out a lame product. Same teams and players all the time. Anybody with a brain could see these playoffs never happen without Lebron. So Lebron had to make it far or it would have crumbled. It would have been funny to see what happened if Lakers lost early. But of course that never happened. Owners are basically saying thanks for the money and here's your Championship, Lebron. It's so rigged.
same teams and players all the time?

because it's warriors-cavs again, right?

Reactions: The Night King

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
What a leader. He should get a trophy for being a leader.
Too bad there is no Mark Messier Leadership Award in the NBA.

Maybe they can have a LeBron James Leadership Award, and LeBron can be the inaugural winner?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think people are tired of Lebron.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Teams should only be allowed to Max 1 player unless they drafted them. Reward well drafting teams and their fans. You should also be able to go over the cap by a certain amount to re-signing your own players. Teams who buy championships should be penalized.

Then every team could have a marketable star

I want to see Lebron Vs AD, Harden vs Westbrook, KD vs Kyrie.

Last edited:

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
You should also be able to go over the cap by a certain amount to re-signing your own players.
This is allowed.

It is called the "Larry Bird exception".

Bird was a free agent in the 1980's, and the Celtics had no more salary cap space to resign him. He was in danger of going to Golden State (who at the time was one of the least marketable teams).

The NBA stepped in and changed the rules to allow the Celtics to resign him even if it meant going over the salary cap.

The NBA wanted one of their biggest stars to remain in one of their biggest markets and fanbases.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Jimmy Butler should have signed with the Lakers.

They probably would have signed him after things didn't work out with Kawhi Leonard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad