GDT: 2020 MLB Regular Season Thread II

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
another game, another unsuccessful A's challenge on an obvious safe call

its become pure comedy at this point
I thought Kemp was safe, but that was definitely the least conclusive of the 3 calls since Friday. The first 2 were blatantly blown by replay.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I thought Kemp was safe, but that was definitely the least conclusive of the 3 calls since Friday. The first 2 were blatantly blown by replay.
his foot clearly touched the bag first, and it was obvious from replay. or at least it should've been, but god knows what they're looking at in NY

i think the play with olson at the plate on friday was the least conclusive (even though he looked safe) because of the way his foot popped up into the air right before he touched the plate

at least melvin spoke up about it after last night. still think the organization needs to address it with MLB. there's no reason why they should be losing every single challenge on obvious plays. i thought replay was supposed to get rid of the "in the neighborhood" and "the ball beat the runner so he's out" bullshit

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Khris Davis hasn't had an ab in almost 2 weeks, goes down 0-2 to Greinke then takes him out to right center.

Good for him.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
PICTURED: Every Mets pitcher not named Jacob deGrom:

41yi4WbxdBL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Reactions: NJDevs26

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well can’t say that I predicted the Jays would be 2nd in the division after 2/3 of the season but seeing them 3 up on the Yankees (who are at .500) is pretty wild.

Like others said. Baseball in 2020 I guess

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Astros lose again. The Yankees are 7 outs away from another loss. The Tigers and Orioles are up big.

It's going to be peak 2020 if this happens.

If you asked me which team I'd rather see somehow miss the playoffs - the Yankees or the Astros - I'd actually have to think long and hard on that one. The schadenfreude would be hilarious if either team somehow missed out on the eighth seed against the likes of the Tigers, Orioles or Mariners.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
mike minor has been absolutely awful for the A's

what a f*cking stupid trade that was

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Not a huge fan of Wendelken getting the 7th in a doubleheader.
bullpen was bound to implode eventually

when was the last time petit walked two straight batters? asstros won that game on walks and infield hits. nothing you can do about that

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I don't know what to think of the Dodgers. On paper they look fantastic. They have a great record as well. But it's worrisome that 30% of their wins are "come from behind."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad