8. Tyler Madden, F - 51.1%
9. Rasmus Kupari, F - 55.2%
10. Helge Grans, D - 43.9%
11. Akil Thomas, F - 45.6%
12. Kale Clague, D - 40.8%
13. Jaret Anderson-Dolan, F - 54.2%
14. Brock Faber, D - 46.8%

+ Martin Chromiak

Only players who are eligible for the 2021 Calder trophy. Calder eligibility is defined as:
- No older than 26 years old as of September 15th, 2020
- Has not played in more than 25 games in one season or more than 6 games in two consecutive seasons (making Cal Petersen, Carl Grundstrom, Sean Walker, and Matt Roy exempt)

We'll do this for as long as you all want, either you want to stop or we run out of options.

I sometimes get busy with work and other projects, so if someone else wants to take reigns/take over, feel free to! I'm setting the poll at 1 day. Please say if this is too short for a poll.

Don't forget to nominate who goes on next! Below are the list of eligible players.

Daniel Brickley
Alexander Dergachyov
Braden Doyle
Sean Durzi
Mikey Eyssimont
David Hrenak
Bokondji Imama
Aatu Jamsen
Andre Lee
Juho Markkanen
Ben Meehan
Markus Phillips
Drake Rymsha
Bulat Shafigullin
Johan Sodergran
Austin Strand
Matthew Villalta

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
We’ve got three very good defensemen that would likely make most teams’ top ten lists in Hults, Spence, and Nousiainen. You could convince me to vote for any of them here, but I went with Hults.

Add Durzi.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Yeah its between Spence, Hults and Nousiainen for the next few spots. I went with Spence

There’s also Simontaival, Chromiak, and Durzi! I would guess most teams would have these guys in their top 15. I guess Dudas will be out of our top 20?

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
You know the pool is deep when we've decided on the top 14 and the 10 names on the list for #15 all look pretty good to you. Wow.

Reactions: Basilisk

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
You know the pool is deep when we've decided on the top 14 and the 10 names on the list for #15 all look pretty good to you. Wow.

Yep. Twenty years ago (well, 19ish for all you nitpickers!), Jared Aulin was our best prospect (After Cammy & Frolov graduated). These days, our Jared Aulin equivalent is JAD. And we've got 12 guys ahead of JAD!!! What a difference a couple of decades make. I scoff @ Aulin, Lehoux, Steckel, Karlsson, & Grebeshkov!!!

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I went with Ingram...I get our prospects are superb but he’s being badly underrated... I think I’ve underrated him at this spot in all honesty.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I went with Ingram...I get our prospects are superb but he’s being badly underrated... I think I’ve underrated him at this spot in all honesty.

I thought I said this earlier but maybe I fell asleep :laugh:

Our goalies are really hard to rank. I think they're underrated by the hockey world as a whole, but who can blame them when we can't rank them over 15 other prospects? I'm not sure there's a case for any of them before this spot. Ingham had a huge year. Parik has shown some flashes and looked great for his first year over here. Hrenak is a dark horse. Juho Markkanen a dark horse with a few more years overseas and some eating to do.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I thought I said this earlier but maybe I fell asleep :laugh:

Our goalies are really hard to rank. I think they're underrated by the hockey world as a whole, but who can blame them when we can't rank them over 15 other prospects? I'm not sure there's a case for any of them before this spot. Ingham had a huge year. Parik has shown some flashes and looked great for his first year over here. Hrenak is a dark horse. Juho Markkanen a dark horse with a few more years overseas and some eating to do.
I agree. If I’m 100% honest I wanted to go with Spence but it seemed ludicrous that Ingram is this low as it is.

When you do it one player at a time it’s much easier end up gravitating to a skater but I feel that Ingham should be in our top 10. Parik I rate lower because I think he’s more of a boom/busy guy whereas I think Ingham at the very least will be a #2 goalie. Parik though will either be Elite or never get a sniff with his style, he seems so raw but the talent is there. I say that with a tiny bit of understanding of goaltending having taught the basics on how to scout them by a goalie coach... but only a couple of hours worth, at a relatively low level (UK pro).

Even with that basic understanding I still don’t have much of a clue when projecting where goaltenders will end up. So much of it is about the mind set and unless you know the character of the goalie it’s impossible to say anything with much authority. I do like what I see with Ingham though.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Lots of folks sleeping on Spence. He is a good contender for Canada's WJC team, and I imagine his perceived value will skyrocket up this list once people actually get a chance to see him.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
Lots of folks sleeping on Spence. He is a good contender for Canada's WJC team, and I imagine his perceived value will skyrocket up this list once people actually get a chance to see him.

He’s got on more year in the Q and then likely two more years in the AHL before he is NHL ready.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019

He’s got on more year in the Q and then likely two more years in the AHL before he is NHL ready.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
I am referring to the WJCs.

Once folks see him, his value in these rankings will increase.

I am SMH that Austin Strand is flying so far below the radar. He gets no love from the Hoven/Bernstein clones at all. Kid is 6’4” - 215#; skates well and has a harder more accurate shot than Colin Miller ever had. When he is putting up 40 points for Seattle people will be saying “I can’t believe we let him go.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad