OT - NO POLITICS 2020 keeps giving - Peanuts Holiday Specials will NOT been seen on broadcast TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@BMC

tenor.gif

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm really more of a "Christmas Vacation" kind of guy than a "Peanuts" one, but I definitely did watch the Christmas specials when I was little, and it is a shame they're being taken off the broadcast networks. For some reason, I remember watching "Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown" and "Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown" more often, but that's probably because my parents taped them on the Betamax.

From what I read, Apple+ or whatever is allowing the Charlie Brown shows to be streamed for free during a 3 day period, right? It's not appointment TV anymore, but at least it's available for those who have decent internet access, and the right internet-to-TV hookups. My Amazon Fire Stick I bought on a whim because it was only $30, and I wanted to get Netflix to my (literally and figuratively) dumb TV. Works great, but I rarely use it now that my cable box can hook up to Netflix.

Reactions: LSCII

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
They should offer it in On Demand for like 99 cents or something. Or broadcast it and just have apple commercials. They are becoming the Evil Empire.
Move over Google and Microsoft.

Speaking of commercials, for some reason the only commercials I remember during these XMas specials is ...

When the Christmas show aired on CBS, there was a stalwart sponsor. It was Sara Lee (sic), but something "comforting" like that.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
There are different services and each provided something different. Netflix and Amazon Prime are typically just streaming services. They create their own content or license it from others and offer it up to binge all at once with a handful of exceptions. Hulu does this as well, but they also offer live tv, which is like cable, but streamed, so it's less expensive than traditional cable. You can buy either the streaming or the live tv from Hulu separately, but also bundle them too. And they offer tiers with or without commercials. It's all as clear as mud. lol

I used to love Hulu. Then, I don't know, it changed. It's terrible now.

I have an Amazon firestick, a smart TV, piggyback on my brother's Netflix, and another service which I won't divulge here. YouTube allows me to view the PBS Newshour and Greater Boston, too.

Reactions: LSCII

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Our TV with rabbit ears was in the corner by the door to the basement. Inevitably me and my brother would be playing in the basement and have to come upstairs for something. The problem was that the best reception was usually obtained with the antenna pulled across the doorway, so if you didn't check before opening the door, you'd knock the antenna off the TV. Used to drive my dad crazy. :laugh:

I also remember getting static on the TV every time mom used the electric mixer in the kitchen. :biglaugh:

Kids today have NO IDEA. lol

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It is, but if you don't have a smart tv, you need something if you want to stream. We have a Roku and a Fire Stick from before we bought a smart tv, so the Fire stick is for the den, which doesn't have a smart tv and we use the Roku on our main set to get to Apple TV+ because it's not easy to find as an app on Samsung tvs for some reason, and Fire stick doesn't have it. I hate the Roku too, because the remote for it is hyper sensitive and turns on if you breath on it. A smart tv is the easiest way to go and they're pretty cheap these days.
I bought an Amazon Fire stick today after using Roku for awhile . I was getting fed up with my Roku remote always malfunctioning. So far I think I prefer the Fire stick although I obviously don’t know as of yet how NHL tv will perform on it . The Fire stick has more apps like CBC gem ( I live in Cape Breton ) that are not available on the Roku and the Fire stick is a little cheaper than Roku at only 50 dollars .

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Did i just throw down 2 Whoppers, a large fry and a large chicken fry, and then a large Coke?

yes. I did and i don’t even feel bad about it. In fact, i might pop open a bag of Goldfish and settle in for this pissing match about to go down at 9

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I bought an Amazon Fire stick today after using Roku for awhile . I was getting fed up with my Roku remote always malfunctioning. So far I think I prefer the Fire stick although I obviously don’t know as of yet how NHL tv will perform on it . The Fire stick has more apps like CBC gem ( I live in Cape Breton ) that are not available on the Roku and the Fire stick is a little cheaper than Roku at only 50 dollars .
I used the Fire stick for NHLtv last season and loved it.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I used the Fire stick for NHLtv last season and loved it.
I apologize for being off topic here. But which apps are available for the fire stick to see nhl games?

Rogers has attempted to steal from me for the last time here lol

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I apologize for being off topic here. But which apps are available for the fire stick to see nhl games?

Rogers has attempted to steal from me for the last time here lol
I've only ever used the NHL app to watch games on the Fire stick. If there are others, I'm not aware. Sorry, not much help lol

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I've only ever used the NHL app to watch games on the Fire stick. If there are others, I'm not aware. Sorry, not much help lol
Lol no worries. Thank you.

I’m new to all of this stuff. Not getting robbed. That’s not new. The tech stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad