Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I’m Angels GM I throw the money at Rendon. You have

Trout
Rendon
Ohtani

I’d check out Price if I’m then and if he looks good get the Sox to take $5/6 M per year

do whet Texas did getting Lynn and Minor
I don't get the allure of Ohtani.

Guy who is decent at both things, but realistically should choose one.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That will obviously kick their ass in 5-6 years, but in the short term it's pretty bad for us TBQH.

I guess when we're rooting for the 2028 Red Sox and they win the division over the Yanks because of the Cole albatross contract, it'll be okay.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Knew he was going to NY as soon as they said he was their top priority.

When’s the last time Cashman didn’t get someone they went all-in on?

It will be interesting what they do when Judge/Sanchez/Torres all come up for contracts.

Reactions: bbfan419

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Yankees got Cole, 9/324 per Heyman

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I know it will probably look like a bad deal years from now, but I just have a hard time celebrating the Yankees getting the best pitcher on the market. I guess we just hope that he can't handle the New York market and loses the "magic" (;)) that he had with the Astros.

Reactions: CDJ

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
He will get 8/296 minimum. Would not be shocked if he wanted 9 years, 342 mil, which would take him to the same age as Strasburg
I was close to my prediction at 37M a year for Cole, I should be a GM! lol
Lou Jersey was spot on, nice one!

He ended up getting 36M a year.
This deal will come back to haunt the Yanks in 4-5 years, but up until that time, he will be a top pitcher in the AL.
Nice replacement for CC.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Nothing like having an ace pitcher you can pencil in for a win every 5 days. Gives the rest of the guys confidence and prevents a long losing streak. Dont see Houston dropping off to much since they still have Verlander and Greinke.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Why are people laughing at this? The money means nothing to the Yankees (see Ellsbury, Jacoby) and they have the second best pitcher in baseball now.

It does matter to them, George doesn’t run the team anymore. They won’t spend limitlessly and I don’t know if there’s ever been a big free agent contract for a pitcher that’s worked out.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Why are people laughing at this? The money means nothing to the Yankees (see Ellsbury, Jacoby) and they have the second best pitcher in baseball now.

I’ll believe that when I see it tbh. Cole was always a rock solid option but he only turned into a top five pitcher when he went to Houston, where they do god knows what. They turned Wade friggin Miley into a top tier guy.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cubs not looking to extend Rizzo at this time and exploring Dealin Bryant

dynasty over

Astros discussing trading Carlos Correa - their rotation features to 36 year old HOF caliber starters then drops

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

People here laugh while the Yankees go out and improve their team, yet here, the Sox front office are crying poor and making their team worse. Which would you as a fan rather have? A team not worried about luxury taxes and paying for talent, or one crying they can't keep their best player because he's going to cost too much? f***ing clown shoes.

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
People here laugh while the Yankees go out and improve their team, yet here, the Sox front office are crying poor and making their team worse. Which would you as a fan rather have? A team not worried about luxury taxes and paying for talent, or one crying they can't keep their best player because he's going to cost too much? ****ing clown shoes.

Yeah not happy as a Mets fan for sure. Braves and Phillies getting better again, nats keep Strasburg and the evil empire gets what they need, in his prime....who cares if he stinks in years 7-9 they will just bury him

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah not happy as a Mets fan for sure. Braves and Phillies getting better again, nats keep Strasburg and the evil empire gets what they need, in his prime....who cares if he stinks in years 7-9 they will just bury him

Exactly. People here laughing and saying he's going to blow at the tail end of that deal. Yet we've had David Price sucking for most of his current deal and we haven't even gotten to his "dead money" years, FFS. Never change Sox fans, never change...:laugh:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Exactly. People here laughing and saying he's going to blow at the tail end of that deal. Yet we've had David Price sucking for most of his current deal and we haven't even gotten to his "dead money" years, FFS. Never change Sox fans, never change...:laugh:
The problem is that they blow money on the wrong guys and they try to reset.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The problem is that they blow money on the wrong guys and they try to reset.

Yep. The fact that Panda is still pulling in $$$ from the team says all you need to know about how they're run. Can't pay Mookie because they owe dead money to a guy that was so fat and out of shape that he ate himself out of the Giant lineup before. And they paid him nearly $19 mill last year to not be here. Best part for the Sox is that they can buy him out for this season for a short $5 mill instead of the $18+ mill. But yeah, don't pay Mookie and trade him for futures, and then trade Benintendi just to get someone to eat either Price's bad money or Evoldi's bad money.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People here laugh while the Yankees go out and improve their team, yet here, the Sox front office are crying poor and making their team worse. Which would you as a fan rather have? A team not worried about luxury taxes and paying for talent, or one crying they can't keep their best player because he's going to cost too much? ****ing clown shoes.

The Yankees are able to spend what they did because they did care about the luxury tax penalties and reset everything

My only point is big free agent contracts to pitchers usually don’t work out

Reactions: bbfan419 and LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad