Red Sox/MLB 2020 Hot Stove VI - Fenway Sports Group now worth $6.6 BILLiON

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Article on Raquel Ferreira who is now the highest ranking female in MLB.

from theundefeated.com:

Just a month ago, the Boston Red Sox made history when they named Ferreira, a senior vice president, part of the team’s interim leadership group, the “gang of four” that took the reins from exiting general manager Dave Dombrowski. (Ferreira’s three cohorts are assistant general managers Eddie Romero, Brian O’Halloran and Zack Scott.) In her newly expanded role, Ferreira became, at least for now, the highest-ranking woman in baseball operations. The move not only is a capstone for 20 years of service to the team but, more importantly, put a woman in charge of a major league club’s front office during the regular season.

According to the principal owner of the Red Sox, John Henry, putting Ferreira, 48, on the leadership team was a no-brainer. “I met with Raquel for a lengthy discussion of her career and experiences at the Red Sox,” he told The Undefeated in an email. “The longer we spoke the more apparent it was to me that if changes were going to occur, she had earned a leadership role. She was already overseeing minor and major league operations logistically among other duties.

“So [it] was an easy decision,” he wrote. “She is a star who represents everything our organization values.”

Full story here: theundefeated.com/features/red-soxs-raquel-ferreira-breaks-through-baseball-glass-ceiling/

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
From what I’ve read she’s very well liked by a lot of players but isn’t typically all that involved in baseball operations. Played a significant role in the bogaerts extension though.

I don’t see her having the final say in personnel decisions but she’s clearly well liked by the organization and figures to have a prominent role in the front office cabinet

I kind of like what they have going on right now tbh. I think there’s something to a committee idea

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I really think there’s a strong case for DH Lemahieu to be the AL MVP but they’ll just give it to Trout
It's gotta be Bregman. Leads in WAR, defensively sound at a key position, anchor of the lineup for the top seed in the AL. That moves the needle over Trout this year. Lemahieu is in the top 10 in a lot of categories, but he's not really tops in any one thing.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
It's gotta be Bregman. Leads in WAR, defensively sound at a key position, anchor of the lineup for the top seed in the AL. That moves the needle over Trout this year. Lemahieu is in the top 10 in a lot of categories, but he's not really tops in any one thing.

Ya Bregman deserves it too.

Lemahieu coming into this lineup is what made them such a dynamic lineup though. They’ve needed a pure contact, high OBP hitter for years. Him coming into that lineup transformed it. That’s what makes him so valuable to the Yankees.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Judge with an opportunity to put some real pressure on this bullpen rotation-thingy after a home run and a single, swings at three straight for a K. In fairness they were all in the strike zone and he did collect a walk earlier. A mitigating factor to both of those arguments would be that three of four "balls" called on that last at bat were well within the strike zone. :laugh:
A very tight strike zone called in general, though, so no issues with that.

LeMahieu not having the hottest game either. I'm sure I'll eat these words, but whatever. ;)

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He made Judge look terrible. It was a beautiful thing to watch. **** the New York Yankees.
That was really a terrible decision by Judge. I get wanting to be aggressive and get something going on offense, but there's no way a runner should be caught that far off the bag on a sliding catch opportunity

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
That was really a terrible decision by Judge. I get wanting to be aggressive and get something going on offense, but there's no way a runner should be caught that far off the bag on a sliding catch opportunity
Is that on Judge or Phil Nevin? I don't know, but I agree he shouldn't have been anywhere other than halfway between first and second.

Reactions: sarge88

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Is that on Judge or Phil Nevin? I don't know, but I agree he shouldn't have been anywhere other than halfway between first and second.
Probably a little of each. Judge should know better, but Nevin has gotten a few of his runners cut down this series already, so I imagine he's going to be on the hot seat after this postseason.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
3 outs away from a party

upload_2019-10-19_23-46-35.png

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events