Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
18994593_G.jpeg
It looks like a....nevermind

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
There is no milb logo that could be any worse than the new orleans baby cakes. The name change so bad it drove the fan base away.
Baby-Cakes-Header.png

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Agreed, at 23.6 M per season that is a huge overpay.
Imagine what Cole will get now?
30-32M per year?

It’s the term for a guy approaching 30 with his injury history that’s a major turn off for me

23.6 is a lot, but if you told me his deal was 2/47 I’d think that was far more reasonable

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I would not want Verdugo. He is an average at best OF. He will never hit 25++ HR and 90++ RBI's.
He is more of a 15-18 HR guy and 65-70 RBI and has only average speed and does not have the speed/ range to play CF, lacks arm strength to play RF at Fenway.
I want more athletic players for Betts. My preference is to take one of Lux or Mays, plus Ruiz and Downs and Chris Taylor, who can replace Holt as our Hybrid player.
For the Braves, we need one of Pache or Waters and their young catching prospect Langeliers to start the conversation.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I don’t mind Verdugo as tertiary piece, but Lux would absolutely have to be in any deal with LA for me.

Wonder if the Dodgers would ever do Lux/Mays/Verdugo? Probably too rich, but that would be a nice haul.

I don’t get why the Braves article says Pache is off the table. If it’s just because he is a top 10 prospect, that doesn’t fly for me. If Boston deals Betts they better get a guy like that back.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I would not want Verdugo. He is an average at best OF. He will never hit 25++ HR and 90++ RBI's.
He is more of a 15-18 HR guy and 65-70 RBI and has only average speed and does not have the speed/ range to play CF, lacks arm strength to play RF at Fenway.
I want more athletic players for Betts. My preference is to take one of Lux or Mays, plus Ruiz and Downs and Chris Taylor, who can replace Holt as our Hybrid player.
For the Braves, we need one of Pache or Waters and their young catching prospect Langeliers to start the conversation.
Good thoughts but I don’t see Lux in a rental- I like Verdugo more then you and would take him over Pederson

the Braves have the guys and you nailed the return

ideally I want long term
Betts
Devers
Bogearts
Martinez
Benintendi

however

if they offered Betts say
9/306
34 AVV

and he says no (I believe he accepts)

I trade him to LA or Atlanta if they come in with what we have mentioned

Reactions: yazmybaby

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I don’t mind Verdugo as tertiary piece, but Lux would absolutely have to be in any deal with LA for me.

Wonder if the Dodgers would ever do Lux/Mays/Verdugo? Probably too rich, but that would be a nice haul.

I don’t get why the Braves article says Pache is off the table. If it’s just because he is a top 10 prospect, that doesn’t fly for me. If Boston deals Betts they better get a guy like that back.
I like your thinking but that would be so one sided for us, even if Betts resigned with the Blue.
Mays will be a consistent #2-3 starter. Lux has 20/20 potential for many years to come and if Verdugo can hit .270 - 15HR and 75 RBI I would be happy.
These 3 players get us to the wild card.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

Tbh I’d rather target pitching but I would LOVE Lux

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The thought of the Yankees giving Cole like 7/250 warms my heart this cold December eve

They’ve apparently made him a priority and ppl expect his deal to be much bigger than Price’s

Reactions: N o o d l e s

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Unbelievable. His story of how he grew up in the Arian nation I remember was a story Peter Gammons did years ago. Reading this and all the pain and troubles he has gone through to come out of it on the other side clean and sober. Good for him. I hope he writes a book someday because I’m sure it would be a great read. And I hope that bill passes in the state senate. No doctor should EVER be doing that.

Reactions: Fenway
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad