Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
get-attachment.jpg

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Sox have talked to Bryan Price about the pitching coach job according to Tim Brown. He was a pretty good pitching coach, not so much as a manager.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm not shocked at all by that minor league proposal. Always wondered why there were so many 'jobs' playing pro baseball. Especially vs Basketball (think how cheap a team of 8 guys all desperate to cling onto a pro career willing to play for peanuts would be) or Football which is far more popular than baseball. Of course those sports people care more about NCAA so there isn't the demand from fans for minor leagues.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm not shocked at all by that minor league proposal. Always wondered why there were so many 'jobs' playing pro baseball. Especially vs Basketball (think how cheap a team of 8 guys all desperate to cling onto a pro career willing to play for peanuts would be) or Football which is far more popular than baseball. Of course those sports people care more about NCAA so there isn't the demand from fans for minor leagues.

You answered your own question, the NFL and NBA farmed it out to the NCAA instead of footing the bill.

256 total minor league baseball teams
347 D1 NCAA basketball teams
255 FBS and FCS football teams

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I worked at the Fisher Cats' stadium for one summer when I was in college in 2006. Honestly I still don't know how so many teams stay in business now that we have so much saturation in entertainment and you can see everything on YouTube or Netflix, etc.

I suppose there's still a market for live entertainment for families. My parents took us to a couple Sea Dogs games as a kid because we weren't privileged enough to afford Red Sox tickets. But those were Fridays and Saturdays, ans there are so many mid-week Double-A games with like no one in the stadium, I don't know how they stay afloat.

Reactions: BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Rooting hard for the nationals

Between verlander being a baby with that reporter this year, the Astros assistant GM making an ass out of himself, and the nationals losing Bryce Harper I sure hope the baseball gods are smiling down

Yeah, I'm all in on the Nats just because the Astros assistant GM being such a moron. Why would you do that?

Reactions: DKH and CDJ

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Rooting hard for the nationals

Between verlander being a baby with that reporter this year, the Astros assistant GM making an ass out of himself, and the nationals losing Bryce Harper I sure hope the baseball gods are smiling down

Not a great look for the Astros to defend the guy and call it "fake news" when there were a bunch of witnesses. You'd think a team that's already been raked over the coals for trading for Osuna would be smarter about something like that.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lol Now they are backpedaling. Brilliant job guys not like you have a World Series to worry about!

Reactions: LSCII

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Washington can absolutely beat Houston. They have the talent to in their lineup and rotation. I just don’t think they’ll pull it off over a 7 game series.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m picking Astros in 6 but I’d bet the Nationals considering the huge odds as underdogs

Scherzer needs to get game 1

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Gotta love the "sorry you were offended" at the end. Talk about tone deaf.

Reactions: CDJ

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
James Crane: MLB called and said that now we eliminated the Yankees, we are obliged to rise to their level of hatred in the country.
John Luhnow: You mean having Ozuna on the team does not put us into that category?
Crane: Nope, not quite.
John Luhnow: Someone get Taubman in here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad