Prospect Info: 2020 HFDevils Prospect Rankings #1

Who is the Devils' #1 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Holtz over Smith. I like Smith, just don’t think he’ll be an impact player for us like Holtz will be.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Voted for Smith.

Im excited for our top 4 or so prospects being impact guys that help with the turnaround. With what Ty has done the past few seasons I can’t help but give him the respect at being #1 on my list until Holtz proves otherwise (or Ty becomes ineligible after this year).

Add Case McCarthy

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
LMAO at the size of that list. Add Merkley.
And I'll take this moment to throw some snark at those who thought picking Shak at 20 was a bad call, because they felt we should have traded down and picked something up presumably in the 3rd round.

The list above says the additional 3rd rounder just wasn't all that valuable from a Devils perspective.

Reactions: Nicomo Cosca

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
How long is each thread going to be up for? It’s pretty clear that Holtz is going to win this one.
I'm figuring 2 days, just because we have a rather long off-season to occupy us with. Keeping this up till tomorrow morning gives us yet another area to discuss (i.e. complain).

Reactions: deflowd and My3Sons

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I have Holtz quite a bit ahead of Smith. Smith's warts became more evident over the last year and while he is a dominant CHL player, does he have the speed or puck skills to be a dominant pro player. I think he will be a very good pro player, but not take over games. Holtz has the potential in the future to dominate games, as any top 7 pick should.

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Same as every year.........Whoever we drafted this year and last year are the top 10 and favorite names round out the rest of the top 20...With no real value to the rankings

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Same as every year.........Whoever we drafted this year and last year are the top 10 and favorite names round out the rest of the top 20...With no real value to the rankings
Well, to be fair, you couldn't help but to put the 1OA picks on the top of your prospect list in their years. I don't think we did it with McLeod or Zacha, but I don't remember back that far. Holtz over Smith may be a draft position thing. 7OA vs 17OA probably changes people's views, and probably rightfully so.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Well, to be fair, you couldn't help but to put the 1OA picks on the top of your prospect list in their years. I don't think we did it with McLeod or Zacha, but I don't remember back that far. Holtz over Smith may be a draft position thing. 7OA vs 17OA probably changes people's views, and probably rightfully so.
I checked in the summer of 2016 we had Zacha 1 and Mcleod #2 best prospects Santini was #3....I don't think I saw Coleman or Wood anywhere.

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I checked in the summer of 2016 we had Zacha 1 and Mcleod #2 best prospects Santini was #3....I don't think I saw Coleman or Wood anywhere.

Well Coleman and Wood were slated to be depth players. I know I was COMPLETELY shocked when Coleman made the team. I think a lot of us thought it was going to be a Speers kind of deal.

I think you'd have to be bat-shit crazy to rank Coleman and Wood over Zacha and McLeod back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad